Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who Ran Hip Hop In 1998

Who Ran Hip Hop In 1998

• Total voters
Ur not that important fam..."in my experience"

Even so X was everywhere. We would hoop everyday from sun up to sun down playing his shit. Dont recall listening to no limit except for their videos.
It’s cool for you to choose X, but for you to say that No Limit only had a few “singles” played in 98 and Cash Money was bigger is simply lies.

It’s cool for you to choose X, but for you to say that No Limit only had a few “singles” played in 98 and Cash Money was bigger is simply lies.
Not really bruh im just tellin u how i remember. I was 11 going on 12 in 98.

All summer long we hooped listening to dmx. Went back to school n when juvie came out everybody was on that shit. Tagging variations of Cash Money [insert school crew name here] like little kids do.

I know ppl fucked with Da Last Don but shit wasnt getting played like that where i was at. Went from DMX straight to Cash Money.

Last edited:
Up here no one ever said throw on that No Limit..

I mean He had some jock jams some catchy shit but it really wasnt that serious up here

1998 I was coming back from Europe and the middle East.

For me it was No Limit that ran that time frame. But if I had to pick one rapper I would say DMX. The jist of what DMX accomplished didnt manifest until the next year. No Limit was already riding the success from 96-97. 98 was the year they truly cashed in.

Goodie Mob, Lauren Hill, Black Star and one my all time favorite albums AQUEMINI dropped later that year.

No one can say that they ran 98. Longevity stand point Lauren Hill dropped the most classic album from that bunch. Miseducation is listed as one of the best R&B albums in the 90's.

1998 I was coming back from Europe and the middle East.

For me it was No Limit that ran that time frame. But if I had to pick one rapper I would say DMX. The jist of what DMX accomplished didnt manifest until the next year. No Limit was already riding the success from 96-97. 98 was the year they truly cashed in.

Goodie Mob, Lauren Hill, Black Star and one my all time favorite albums AQUEMINI dropped later that year.

No one can say that they ran 98. Longevity stand point Lauren Hill dropped the most classic album from that bunch. Miseducation is listed as one of the best R&B albums in the 90's.
Damn good post!

As fair as it gets right here. Props homie :uk:

yeah no limit rubbed their belly on everybody in 98 lol....seem like a album was out every other week

but it way too much dope shit that year to say anybody "ran" it

lots of good mentions in here but I dont see 400 Degreez

shit kinda punched no limit in the mouth right before the close of the year

no need to name the plat artists at this point, they did them

Still don't get the No Limit hype...whats the best album to check out?
Really man You would just have to run through them. They all had their time. P, C-murder, Silk, TRU, Mac, Fiend, Mia X etc.

By far, Mystical and Mac are the albums that stood the test of time for me. Also Master P later albums. Never was a huge C-murder or Silk fan. They had their moments for me.

Them No Limit albums from that era was like a epidemic. Niggas tape bags/milk crates were flooded with those.

I bought Charge It To The Game

:scust:

Ha whut say whuuuut?? that shit jammed lol

matter of fact, we gone act like Master P didnt put Destiny's Child on? They were on several NL songs before they were big like that.

I'm a SoCal cat and I was heavy on that No Limit in 98. DMX was my favorite artist of the time and those two albums he dropped were ignorant. Wasn't a Jay fan at that point but I saw how big he was. Lauryn Hill dropped one of my favorite albums of all time.

It was a great time to be a hip-hop fan for me. Sitting here thinking about it, I can't choose any one entity and say that they dominated that year.

i never understood how an opened minded dude like urself doesn't see past the regional bias...

DMX was literally EVERYWHERE....

two albums in one year,

featured on everybody's shit.....

hollywood movies, global concerts... dude's rise was like thanos forreal
aight...i'ma just say this, b/c its semantics at this point

cant remember who said it (sorry) but they said NL as a whole ran 98

not one single artist was mentioned by that particular poster

NL was dropping artists every week saturating the market. No matter where you were, you heard NL. You might not have fucked with the artists entire project, but you heard the singles and probably the next tiered songs as well

if the question was which artist ran 98, then MAYBE master P gets a mention, but you cant deny what they did as a label

aight...i'ma just say this, b/c its semantics at this point

cant remember who said it (sorry) but they said NL as a whole ran 98

not one single artist was mentioned by that particular poster

NL was dropping artists every week saturating the market. No matter where you were, you heard NL. You might not have fucked with the artists entire project, but you heard the singles and probably the next tiered songs as well

if the question was which artist ran 98, then MAYBE master P gets a mention, but you cant deny what they did as a label

Mention? Yea, MVP? "riight"

Mention? Yea, MVP? "riight"
well, Caddo and 1/2 pretty much summed up my post

i should've kept reading

but 98 was a year i dont think you can just outright give to one person

hip hop ran the country that year

Back