Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who Ran Hip Hop In 1998

Who Ran Hip Hop In 1998

• Total voters
So chicago caught on late.

Over here (dc md va), DMX, Jayz and L.Hill was everywhere. NL was gettin SOME play, but the other 3 got way more play.
I can believe that. No shade.

The particular part of the country that a person lives in definitely has a lot to do with what we listen to. That’s the truth.

I can say with 100% facts this area wasn't on that nonsense
Fam, I was hustlin hard in the area during that time. From Mo-Town to the 9....from Damen to Cottage Grove. I was literally IN IT.

Englewood was DEFINITELY fuckn with No Limit.

Only the hot singles from No Limit was heard, the rest of the albums was a damn mystery to everyone because no one cared

Both them niggas right but then again I grew up in Rogers Park but went to school w knuckleheads from all over the city....and DMX definitely ran 98 and Everyone was fucking w him...but I also remember kids quoting Master P in the hallways and wearing No Limit shirts he’ll i had one

Both them niggas right but then again I grew up in Rogers Park but went to school w knuckleheads from all over the city....and DMX definitely ran 98 and Everyone was fucking w him...but I also remember kids quoting Master P in the hallways and wearing No Limit shirts he’ll i had one

One of my niggas wore the p miller shoes to school one day, we roasted that nigga for the rest of the school year lol

One of my niggas wore the p miller shoes to school one day, we roasted that nigga for the rest of the school year lol

And he rightfully deserved it lol. Master P had a Pacers Jersey but it just said P. Miller. Terrible time

Last edited:
From my experience everybody was rockin w Dmx. Only no limit singles got play.

Cash money even got way more play than no limit did out the N.O.

No Limit but ya'll dont wanna be unplugged from the matrix
i never understood how an opened minded dude like urself doesn't see past the regional bias...

DMX was literally EVERYWHERE....

two albums in one year,

featured on everybody's shit.....

hollywood movies, global concerts... dude's rise was like thanos forreal

From my experience everybody was rockin w Dmx. Only no limit singles got play.

Cash money even got way more play than no limit did out the N.O.
LOL fam if you want to take a side against me, at least be honest with your reasons :cont:

Cash Money’s first big album didn’t even drop until the very end of 98 and that was Juvie’s 400 Degrees. Smmfh....Lol

LOL fam if you want to take a side against me, at least be honest with your reasons :cont:
Ur not that important fam..."in my experience"

Even so X was everywhere. We would hoop everyday from sun up to sun down playing his shit. Dont recall listening to no limit except for their videos.

Back