Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who hit who first?

Did ya'll actually watch the video? She didn't really put her hands on him like some of ya'll are saying. She turned to walk away and threw her hand up like "Whatever nigga." As she did that he was rushing her and invading her space and there was some contact. I'm not one that thinks a man is always wrong for hitting a woman, but that dude was out of line for punching her. Even if she legit pushed him, he was invading her space. She has the right to push his ass away from her if he's getting to close.

I don't have a problem with Asians. The farther along in the sciences I got the more I met and the more I was cool with. That said, there is no doubt that some of these Asian shop and business owners in black neighborhoods are out of line. I wish black people would stop supporting them. Asians look down on us, but I wonder how many of them would act that way if they weren't able to build their livelihoods off of us. They mock us for not being able to afford college, but pay for their kids' schooling from dollars they get from the black community. Shit is disgusting.

He backed away from her twice before it got to that point, she's the one that got up close on him as he backed away. He didn't rush her at all. She knew she connected with him by the way she adds an extra lil "oopmh" to that push. Her push had enough force to move his right shoulder back a bit. He then took a single step towards her AFTER being pushed and socked her.

There was no rushing. That didn't happen. I've watched this video and dissected it frame by frame to make sure of what I'm seeing.

between 0:00 and 0:01 he takes a step back away from her with his right leg.
At 0:01 he's completed that step but she has moved closer to him
within the frames between 0:01 and 0:02 he turns his body and takes another step away while she walks up closer to him again
from 0:02 to 0:03 she gets even closer to him
from 0:03 to 0:04 they're fairly still
Right before 0:05 she starts to turn to walk off, he turns towards her as well. As she turns her arm raises with her hand up
In the first few frames between 0:05 and 0:06 she makes contact. His shoulder moves back from the push as does his head slightly.
About mid-way between 0:05 and 0:06 he brings his hand up to knock her hand off of him in a downward motion
Just before 0:06 he takes a step forward, continues to bring her hand down, while beginning to launch his punch
at 0:06 his punch connects.

If you don't want to take my word for it, install Ant Video downloader into Firefox and SMPlayer on your PC. Use Ant to download the video from Shaun King's Twitter account. Play the downloaded video using SMPlayer and step through it using the "." key to go frame by frame.

"First"? What's the very first fuckin thing I said in this thread?

But you don't care about that part, do you? You read what you wanted to read, saw what you wanted to see, and heard what you wanted to hear. And anything that didnt fit in that narrow hole of an opinion of yours gets tossed out like it never happened.

@Hellczar you did this same shit in the toxic femininity/masculinity threads. You were leading the charge on pointing out the fucked up things men do but when the topic was about women, suddenly you acted like we were talking about Bigfoot.

You're a hypocrite.

All false.

Im trying to find my hypocrisy here tho. I said the asian overreacted to a love tap which we all agree on. I think as a man yes he was more wrong.

He backed away from her twice before it got to that point, she's the one that got up close on him as he backed away. He didn't rush her at all. She knew she connected with him by the way she adds an extra lil "oopmh" to that push. Her push had enough force to move his right shoulder back a bit. He then took a single step towards her AFTER being pushed and socked her.

There was no rushing. That didn't happen. I've watched this video and dissected it frame by frame to make sure of what I'm seeing.

between 0:00 and 0:01 he takes a step back away from her with his right leg.
At 0:01 he's completed that step but she has moved closer to him
within the frames between 0:01 and 0:02 he turns his body and takes another step away while she walks up closer to him again
from 0:02 to 0:03 she gets even closer to him
from 0:03 to 0:04 they're fairly still
Right before 0:05 she starts to turn to walk off, he turns towards her as well. As she turns her arm raises with her hand up
In the first few frames between 0:05 and 0:06 she makes contact. His shoulder moves back from the push as does his head slightly.
About mid-way between 0:05 and 0:06 he brings his hand up to knock her hand off of him in a downward motion
Just before 0:06 he takes a step forward, continues to bring her hand down, while beginning to launch his punch
at 0:06 his punch connects.

If you don't want to take my word for it, install Ant Video downloader into Firefox and SMPlayer on your PC. Use Ant to download the video from Shaun King's Twitter account. Play the downloaded video using SMPlayer and step through it using the "." key to go frame by frame.

Lol Dog, you doing too much. This ABW not the ignant nigga ESPN.

You're right about her being in his face when she shouldn't have been. If he had mushed her or pushed her, he would have been within his rights IMO.

You were right that he didn't charge her. I misspoke. All he really did was turn towards her as she walked away.

You're exaggerating the impact of the contact though. She clearly wasn't trying to hit him. She was just throwing her hand back in a dismissive manner. Yes, his shoulder moved but that's because he wasn't expecting it and wasn't bracing for it not because she hit him so hard. What she did clearly didn't call for the level of retaliation he resorted to.

Niggas on this site have to chill with this bullshit idea that any physical contact with another person justifies any level of physical response. That shit's not true legally or ethically.

Lol Dog, you doing too much. This ABW not the ignant nigga ESPN.

You're right about her being in his face when she shouldn't have been. If he had mushed her or pushed her, he would have been within his rights IMO.

You were right that he didn't charge her. I misspoke. All he really did was turn towards her as she walked away.

You're exaggerating the impact of the contact though. She clearly wasn't trying to hit him. She was just throwing her hand back in a dismissive manner. Yes, his shoulder moved but that's because he wasn't expecting it and wasn't bracing for it not because she hit him so hard. What she did clearly didn't call for the level of retaliation he resorted to.

Niggas on this site have to chill with this bullshit idea that any physical contact with another person justifies any level of physical response. That shit's not true legally or ethically.

No one said it justified that level of physical response though. The one thing that I've maintained throughout this thread is that once you cross that line from words to physical you open yourself up to the whole spectrum of physical responses. Not that any of it's justified, but you bring that upon yourself once you take any confrontation to that point. The other person or persons in that conflict is under no rule to confine their response to the level of your action.

That's the shit y'all gotta understand. You can say that it's overboard all you want, but you opened up that possibility once you put your hands on someone.

Now it was a love tap.

Lol negro please

I thought it was a love tap the whole time. I been saying the same thing the whole thread literally. Now you trying to front like i havent. All you want is people to say "well black people can be wrong too and and make mistakes" i feel like thats your only point the whole thread.

I thought it was a love tap the whole time. I been saying the same thing the whole thread literally. Now you trying to front like i havent. All you want is people to say "well black people can be wrong too and and make mistakes" i feel like thats your only point the whole thread.
I'm starting to think you didn't bother reading the OP at all. You saw the video and jumped into the conversation.

I feel the need to say first and foremost, I'd knock his bitch ass out on sight regardless of who hit who first. The principle is to keep our women, black women, safe at all costs.

But this thread is a different conversation around the accountability of women. I've watched this video tons of times and even in slow motion. She turned, reached her hand out, pulled back slightly to thrust it back toward him and shoved his shoulder. I don't know that he punches her if she doesn't do that.

Can we as a people have the critical and nuanced thought to both hold ourselves accountable for the roles we play in addition to that of outsiders acting irresponsibly? Telling our women that she didn't touch him "on purpose" is doing a disservice in my opinion.

Nigga that def was a live tap lol you acting like she put china man to sleep foh

Nigga that def was a live tap lol you acting like she put china man to sleep foh

love tap or not, she shouldn't have touched him at all. It wasn't a mistake, it was intentional and this was the consequence of it. Had she simply walked away none of this would have happened and we wouldn't be discussing it.

No one said it justified that level of physical response though. The one thing that I've maintained throughout this thread is that once you cross that line from words to physical you open yourself up to the whole spectrum of physical responses. Not that any of it's justified, but you bring that upon yourself once you take any confrontation to that point. The other person or persons in that conflict is under no rule to confine their response to the level of your action.

That's the shit y'all gotta understand. You can say that it's overboard all you want, but you opened up that possibility once you put your hands on someone.

The point I'm making is that she clearly wasn't trying to put her hands on him like that. It was incidental contact, and you're basically saying that people should have the understanding that any physical contact whatsoever opens you up to any and every conceivable response. We should not accept. Nobody should looking at this situation talking about "well, she did touch him first..." That's bullshit. They both were wrong, and he took shit way too far. It should end there.

He was outside.

He wanted smoke.

Fuck him.

You of all people always telling stories of you taking something small and escalating into the physical.

From what I understand her kid stole something, she threw the stolen item at the man and the man verbally confronted her. It would have stayed at the verbal but she went further. After that you can't tell no one how far to react, would I have hit her, no but I'm not him

The point I'm making is that she clearly wasn't trying to put her hands on him like that. It was incidental contact, and you're basically saying that people should have the understanding that any physical contact whatsoever opens you up to any and every conceivable response. We should not accept. Nobody should looking at this situation talking about "well, she did touch him first..." That's bullshit. They both were wrong, and he took shit way too far. It should end there.

If you can't accept it don't put your hands on folks, it's really just that simple. I don't get why y'all have this overwhelming need to touch someone in the middle of a heated argument. Can't handle the consequences, don't do the shit, is that really so hard to wrap y'alls head around? Is this shit really that important to you? Y'all acting like being able to touch somebody you don't know in an argument is a God given right or something. Like taking that away is some sort of life altering paradigm shift that you can't deal with.

What the fuck is wrong with y'all niggas???

Back