Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Who got the strap?... Official Gun Owners Thread

Are u a gun owner?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aiight, so what had happened was the 30 days expired on Saturday and still no word from the FBI. Dude explained to me that it happens all the time so it ain't just me (he showed me on his PC a grip of people in "Delayed" status with some waiting 3 weeks at that point). The one problem: I can't resubmit for that same gun, or rather, that same serial number; I gotta get something else. They refunded the money back to my card and told me to give it a few days then come back and check their inventory out.

Went back to the shop today. Decided on a S&W M&P Shield in 9mm they had for cheap. Almost went with a Taurus CX3 for $12 less but when I asked the salesman which would he go with he was like "The only thing about the Taurus is wondering if this is one of the good ones or the bad ones.". Submitted the background check and ran up the street to Kroger's right quick. Got back to the spot about 20 minutes later, he was just about to call me up...

... Delayed.

air_punch.gif

"But it's so easy to get a gun in this country..."

Yeah, fuck anybody that says that shit.

Last edited:
Aiight, so what had happened was the 30 days expired on Saturday and still no word from the FBI. Dude explained to me that it happens all the time so it ain't just me (he showed me on his PC a grip of people in "Delayed" status with some waiting 3 weeks at that point). The one problem: I can't resubmit for that same gun, or rather, that same serial number; I gotta get something else. They refunded the money back to my card and told me to give it a few days then come back and check their inventory out.

Went back to the shop today. Decided on a S&W M&P Shield in 9mm they had for cheap. Almost went with a Taurus CX3 for $12 less but when I asked the salesman which would he go with he was like "The only thing about the Taurus is wondering if this is one of the good ones or the bad ones.". Submitted the background check and ran up the street to Kroger's right quick. Got back to the spot about 20 minutes later, he was just about to call me up...

... Delayed.

View attachment 1188496

"But it's so easy to gt a gun in this country..."

This is ridiculous. Are you buying it from a small shop or a place like Turners? They are trying to deter purchases through delays. Though if you can, maybe try a different location. Sometimes when the FFL calls the DOJ they release it.

This is ridiculous. Are you buying it from a small shop or a place like Turners? They are trying to deter purchases through delays. Though if you can, maybe try a different location. Sometimes when the FFL calls the DOJ they release it.

It's a chain in 9 states. I bought 3 rifles last year and had to go through the check again 'cause I got a loan against one at a pawn shop. The first purchase last year in Vegas took nearly a week (6 days IIRC). the AR took only 2hrs, and getting my CMR30 back from the pawn shop was 7-8 days.

So, not deterred, but still annoying as shit.

... Delayed.

View attachment 1188496

"But it's so easy to gt a gun in this country..."

Maybe it’s just you, lol. Buying all these guns in different states might have you on a list.

Good luck though.

Picked it up. Process took about an hour to get it, have a second set of eyes on the paperwork, get the sheriff's card ready and alladat.

Gun and 4 mags, including the extended mag in it, for $214 and change + tax. Taking it to the range after the gym in the morning to give it a go. I'm definitely getting more extended mags 'cause it feels waaaay better in my hand with it.

attachment.jpg

Took it out today:

IMG_20231008_141608079_HDR.jpg

Top two, the middle, and the lower right targets were all using some Fiocci NATO FMJ's to try to get accustomed to the gun. First thing I noticed was that because it's a narrow and short gun, I had a problem focusing on the sights properly. Took a while to get used to it. The bottom left target was where I was let off a DRT Terminal Shock round and two Extreme Defender-type rounds to see how they cycled.

IMG_20231008_142630602.jpg

Paid more attention and got better groupings on my second target. Top left was using DRZ Turkish made NATO "hot as shit" rounds. Top right was with Ammo Inc stelTH 165gr TMC rounds. The middle was where it looks like I was finally getting it together; used Fiocci again for that one.

I really gotta get more practice in with this thing, and I'm buying another piece in a couple of weeks.

Last night I grabbed my M&P and my 9mm bore sight and aimed it at my wall just to see if the sights on it are off and found out the front sight is waaaaaay off. I'm surprised I was able to hit anything with this thing. Gotta dig into the manual now to figure out how to adjust the shit.

Back