Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Who got the strap?... Official Gun Owners Thread

Are u a gun owner?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
SO!!!

I went to put the last of the loot down on the Glock 20 today. Filled out the 4473 electronically and submitted it. Paid the remaining balance while I waited. Salesman shoed me a trade-in they just got that day 'cause maybe I might be interested: A serial verified 1979 Smith & Wesson Model 39, nickel plated, with two spare magazines. The original owner left it sitting in his gun safe for the last 30 years. He traded it in and got a Glock 19. Took everything in my being not to drop $200 down on it, though I might tomorrow after I sleep on it. Looks just like this:

smith_and_wesson_m39.jpg

I want this muhfucka soooooooooooooooooooooo badly! They're asking $569 for it.

Anywho, we had a convo about open carrying around MI (he's already been stopped by Canton police leaving a grocery store), the current state of affairs and how most shops are now out of 5.56 ammo 'cause everyone is stockpiling it 'cause the gov't is sending all newly manufactured supplies to Israel. I told dude I had to make a run to Kroger down the street and he checked on my status:

Delayed... Again.

This some bullshit, but hopefully this time it's the same 2 days as the last one.

SO!!!

I went to put the last of the loot down on the Glock 20 today. Filled out the 4473 electronically and submitted it. Paid the remaining balance while I waited. Salesman shoed me a trade-in they just got that day 'cause maybe I might be interested: A serial verified 1979 Smith & Wesson Model 39, nickel plated, with two spare magazines. The original owner left it sitting in his gun safe for the last 30 years. He traded it in and got a Glock 19. Took everything in my being not to drop $200 down on it, though I might tomorrow after I sleep on it. Looks just like this:

View attachment 1215194

I want this muhfucka soooooooooooooooooooooo badly! They're asking $569 for it.

Anywho, we had a convo about open carrying around MI (he's already been stopped by Canton police leaving a grocery store), the current state of affairs and how most shops are now out of 5.56 ammo 'cause everyone is stockpiling it 'cause the gov't is sending all newly manufactured supplies to Israel. I told dude I had to make a run to Kroger down the street and he checked on my status:

Delayed... Again.

This some bullshit, but hopefully this time it's the same 2 days as the last one.
20231116_002307.jpg
Look like a close match up

Yea that's mine

Them joints are dope. These days the shit looks like an "executive" gun. Kinda shit the movie villains in the 90's rocked.

I'm still debating it in my head: Be responsible 'cause I got bills and shit, plus I need a new freezer chest, or be completely irresponsible and drop bread on that gun.

Them joints are dope. These days the shit looks like an "executive" gun. Kinda shit the movie villains in the 90's rocked.

I'm still debating it in my head: Be responsible 'cause I got bills and shit, plus I need a new freezer chest, or be completely irresponsible and drop bread on that gun.
Or put it on lay a way it is Xmas time😆😆

Finished my CPL training yesterday. Couldn't hit SHIT during the range portion of the training. Figured it came down to me being so used to using a Weaver Stance as opposed to the modern isosceles stance they had us using in class and I kept pulling low and to the left as a result. One of the RO's was like "well, you're shooting off but at least your group is super tight" like that made it any better.

Got my cert tho, that's all that matters. Appt for Wednesday with the county clerk to finish and get printed and I'm done.

Last edited:
Just got back from my CPL appointment. Now it's just a waiting game.

... speaking of which, I'm at day 14 waiting for my Glock 20 to clear. Dis some ole booolsheeit.

Welp... here comes the dumb shit. Ammo prices about to go up. Finna stockpile this shit for the rest of this month.

Cliff notes?

War in Israel + War in Ukraine = fewer rounds for consumers to buy because gunpowder supplies and shit are going towards ammo as aid for both countries. This means a 10%-ish hike in prices after the first of the year. The specific manufacturer that sent the communication out about the price hike was the one that makes Federal, CCI, Remington, and a few others.

War in Israel + War in Ukraine = fewer rounds for consumers to buy because gunpowder supplies and shit are going towards ammo as aid for both countries. This means a 10%-ish hike in prices after the first of the year. The specific manufacturer that sent the communication out about the price hike was the one that makes Federal, CCI, Remington, and a few others.
Still got a lot of ammo left so I'm good. Do you make your own ammo?

Still got a lot of ammo left so I'm good. Do you make your own ammo?

Nah. If I had a workshop out back then I'd consider it. In theory my shed is big enough for it, and I do have space to put a larger one out there, but I got other things to do with this crib before investing in all the shit necessary to reload properly.

I got enough .22wmr for right now (~2000rds), I could prolly add more 9mm (~800rds, mostly FMJ), and definitely need more .223/5.56 (~400 rds). If this fuckin Glock 20 clears before the end of next week, then I'll have to hurry up and grab some 10mm range ammo and a few boxes of hollow points before the end of the year.

Ayo, any of y'all got a UPIN (Unique Personal Identification Number) with the feds to speed up your checks?

Cat at the shop I bought the Glock 20 from told me today that a UPIN can speed up your background check tremendously if you're always being delayed.

Ayo, any of y'all got a UPIN (Unique Personal Identification Number) with the feds to speed up your checks?

Cat at the shop I bought the Glock 20 from told me today that a UPIN can speed up your background check tremendously if you're always being delayed.
Nah but I also never have the issues you have with the wait time

Back