Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Who got the strap?... Official Gun Owners Thread

Are u a gun owner?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
So, I lost out on the Glock G20 Gen4 last month. FBI took entirely too long and the background check expired, same as when I tried to buy the SCCY joint. Took some of the refund and put it on a Taurus G3 they had in the case. It was one of their rental guns so I know it was maintained and functioned properly... Plus the shit was $202 and change so, you know, Merry Christmas to me.

I subbed for the uPIN around the same time that I dropped bread on the Taurus. Put down everything but $15. They called me today and said the layaway on the G3 is expiring and I need to either come get it or get refunded. Still don't have the uPIN so I took a chance, paid the last $15 I owed on the layaway and filled out the 4473. About 15 minutes into waiting I realized I needed to get back to the crib to work and bailed. Said they'd call me if the status updated. Around the way from the crib they called and said I got approved. That's the fastest I've ever been approved. Got back a little while ago with it.

IMG_20240119_200135473.jpg

This shit fits my hand waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the Shield.

IMG_20240119_200253752.jpg

I might take the G3 out to the range tomorrow, really all depends on the weather and if I feel like going out in it.

So, I lost out on the Glock G20 Gen4 last month. FBI took entirely too long and the background check expired, same as when I tried to buy the SCCY joint. Took some of the refund and put it on a Taurus G3 they had in the case. It was one of their rental guns so I know it was maintained and functioned properly... Plus the shit was $202 and change so, you know, Merry Christmas to me.

I subbed for the uPIN around the same time that I dropped bread on the Taurus. Put down everything but $15. They called me today and said the layaway on the G3 is expiring and I need to either come get it or get refunded. Still don't have the uPIN so I took a chance, paid the last $15 I owed on the layaway and filled out the 4473. About 15 minutes into waiting I realized I needed to get back to the crib to work and bailed. Said they'd call me if the status updated. Around the way from the crib they called and said I got approved. That's the fastest I've ever been approved. Got back a little while ago with it.

View attachment 1250887

View attachment 1250896

I might take the G3 out to the range tomorrow, really all depends on the weather and if I feel like going out in it.
All my cars keep a G3 or a G3C in them. I've put about a thousand rounds collectively thru them never jammed never let me down. Great guns and reliable gun snobs will say its a cheap gun and it's not a Glock. Not being a Glock is a good thing it's cheaper and reliable and it gets the job done

View attachment 1250887

View attachment 1250896

that story about background checks makes me angry.....shit is total overkill

in NC with a CCW u can buy ur gun in less than 15mins at the store

but in FL they do that stupid shit where u buy it, then u got to wait 2weeks before u can pick up ur new gun and take it home.......shit is really a waste of resources IMO

All my cars keep a G3 or a G3C in them. I've put about a thousand rounds collectively thru them never jammed never let me down. Great guns and reliable gun snobs will say its a cheap gun and it's not a Glock. Not being a Glock is a good thing it's cheaper and reliable and it gets the job done

I'm legit thinking of replacing my Smif Shield 9mm with a G3C. I like my G3 a lot, way more than the Smif. I'm far more accurate with the Taurus and get pretty good groupings at 7 yards. With the Shield ain't no tellin where I'mma hit. I just put a Hogue grip on the Shield to see if it makes a difference when I take 'em both out this weekend.

I checked out the G3C one day after a range trip and I still had the G3 holster on my hip. The G3C snaps right into it with no problem. They both feel good in hand too.

that story about background checks makes me angry.....shit is total overkill

in NC with a CCW u can buy ur gun in less than 15mins at the store

but in FL they do that stupid shit where u buy it, then u got to wait 2weeks before u can pick up ur new gun and take it home.......shit is really a waste of resources IMO

I got my uPIN from the Feds now so that shouldn't be a problem anymore for me. Shit shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes now.

The State of Michigan fucked themselves with the Feds/ATF. It used to be that a CPL from MI meant a faster response, until the alphabet niggas found out MI was issuing CPLs to niggas with medical weed cards. Shit is still illegal at the federal level so they treat our CPL's like a blank piece of paper.

I'm legit thinking of replacing my Smif Shield 9mm with a G3C. I like my G3 a lot, way more than the Smif. I'm far more accurate with the Taurus and get pretty good groupings at 7 yards. With the Shield ain't no tellin where I'mma hit. I just put a Hogue grip on the Shield to see if it makes a difference when I take 'em both out this weekend.

I checked out the G3C one day after a range trip and I still had the G3 holster on my hip. The G3C snaps right into it with no problem. They both feel good in hand too.
yep I keep a Shield as a backup gun.........and u are right it's hard to be accurate with it

I started carrying a Hellcat PRO recently as my concealed carry but I always have my Shield as a backup cuz it's reliable

problem is smaller guns are great for concealing cuz of their size, but they are hell for long term shooting

I would hope I would never get in a situation where I would have to use all 15rds on the Hellcat

and I honestly been sleeping on taurus striker fired pistols cuz of the reputation

yep I keep a Shield as a backup gun.........and u are right it's hard to be accurate with it

I started carrying a Hellcat PRO recently as my concealed carry but I always have my Shield as a backup cuz it's reliable

problem is smaller guns are great for concealing cuz of their size, but they are hell for long term shooting

I would hope I would never get in a situation where I would have to use all 15rds on the Hellcat

and I honestly been sleeping on taurus striker fired pistols cuz of the reputation

Do you have the ProMag 10rd extended mags for yours? They do make all the difference if you have larger hands and have problems with your pinky hanging off even with the 8rd joint. Helped me go from bt being able to hit the broad side of a barn to being able to hit the barn door now.

IMG_20240416_162043157_HDR.jpg

Do you have the ProMag 10rd extended mags for yours? They do make all the difference if you have larger hands and have problems with your pinky hanging off even with the 8rd joint. Helped me go from bt being able to hit the broad side of a barn to being able to hit the barn door now.

View attachment 1297320
yeah I got the pre-cut skater tape grip on mine made by Talon....makes a world of difference with the draw

I have thought about one of those Hogue grips cuz they seem comfortable on other pistols I have

as far as pro-mags, they're ok.............cool for the range but I'd be too paranoid to use them as defense mags

could be becuz my experience with pro-mags was with Glock tho

yeah I got the pre-cut skater tape grip on mine made by Talon....makes a world of difference with the draw

I have thought about one of those Hogue grips cuz they seem comfortable on other pistols I have

as far as pro-mags, they're ok.............cool for the range but I'd be too paranoid to use them as defense mags

could be becuz my experience with pro-mags was with Glock tho

So far I haven't had an issue with the ProMags for the Shield and I've put a good number of rounds through them. My Glock mags are either Glock or Magpul joints, never used ProMags.

Back