Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY What record labels are on your Mt. Rushmore?

Lets be real, other than Silk and P none of those other people had reach outside the south and it's been established that Silk is trash as a rapper and P isn't that much better.

Maybe it ran the rap game in the south...which I can speak to

But your bias is blinding you...

Ghetto D did not run the rap game nationally when albums like

Life After Death (BIG)
No Way Out (Puff)
Harlem World (Mase)
Wu-Tang Forever (Wu)
When Disaster Strikes (Busta)

and many more....

To keep it funky in 97 Bad Boy ran the rap game bruh and thats facts

And another thing Make Em Say Ugh was on Ghetto D and that shit got played on TRL

Even Mr Serv on lackluster ass sold units

You can say it was the marketing but that's good business

It was...

Which is No Limit’s biggest contribution to the game...

P literally changed the way niggas did business

Remember in the booklet that came with the cd all them “coming soon” albums lmao

No Limit was dropping LPs everybdamn month for like 3yrs lmao

Sounds oddly familiar to when artists drop a mixtape every month huh?

Lets be real, other than Silk and P none of those other people had reach outside the south and it's been established that Silk is trash as a rapper and P isn't that much better.
Ok

An artist can go Platinum in NY just based on the population of the state. What's your point.

If you selling 500k to a million albums in the gulf coast region, that ain't nothing to just dismiss.

Know your audience and cater to them

And another thing Make Em Say Ugh was on Ghetto D and that shit got played on TRL

It was a great song and got them national recognition..

But it did NOT RUN THE RAP GAME...

The best selling single in 97 was “Cant Nobody Hold Me Down” off of No Way Out bruh

I could have thought Mr. Serv-On shot a video in NY back-yard

I could have thought Mr. Serv-On had Pun on a track

I could have thought Mystikal reach outside of the south

Snoop

Mia X had Foxy Brown,

What is you saying breh?

Breh Noone in the south was even messing with BIG like that nor the albums you named.

Those artist were not selling big in the South.

Their music came on the radio here, but nobody was going out and buying their albums thus the reason you heard Ghetto D and everybody who came out in 97 and 98 more in the south.
It was 8ball, CMR, NL, Rap-A-Lot, and 3-6 being played in the South. Kast also.

Them ppl you name albums weren't selling in the south, Ask Jay-Z

I can't name 10 niggas who bout WU album, other than @AP21, he was the only nigga I knew that actually bout that album, (the one that had them nigga fighting bees or some shit)

You not reading whoadie

It was...

Which is No Limit’s biggest contribution to the game...

P literally changed the way niggas did business

Remember in the booklet that came with the cd all them “coming soon” albums lmao

No Limit was dropping LPs everybdamn month for like 3yrs lmao

Sounds oddly familiar to when artists drop a mixtape every month huh?

And I don't disagree with this one bit. Even if they aren't in some people's top 4, I have a hard time believing they shouldn't be right outside of it at 5 just based on this alone

hqdefault.jpg

Cold weather up there must be fucking w/ your brain.

And I don't disagree with this one bit. Even if they aren't in some people's top 4, I have a hard time believing they shouldn't be right outside of it at 5 just based on this alone
If we doing a top 10

No limit would be 6 or 7 for me

Reading very well my boy.

Just like you're saying Puff ran the game, I am saying to you, them dudes albums weren't being bought by niggas in the South.

You can say that...

But then they go places like Atl, Memphis, New Orleans and Houston and sell out shows during yhe No Way Out tour...

And on top of that Niggas were buying them albums and singles...

My boy..im from Mobile, Alabama

Niggas was listening to Big and Puff down here lol

They shit was getting played in the club (according to my older cousins and uncles)

Im being objective...because my bias can say that No Limit ran the game...but that just wouldnt be true lol

Saying No Limit ran the south...

That is a statement I can support 1000% bruh

Yall aint even thinking NL was fucking INDEPENDENT, I really don't think you niggas even know what that even means. Lol

Niggas saying Bad Boy, a major label, with big marketing to be market every where ran the game. Them dudes albums wasn't being bought by niggas, Niggas wasn't walking into Circuit City and your Mom and Pop stores, saying, "Let me get that Harlem World" "Let me get that new Busta"

Now if you want to debate about who was all over the radio and magazines, then you win. But Bad Boy was just everywhere and Clive Davis had a hand in that.

Niggas wasn't riding around in 97-98 bumping Mase and WU in the South Lol

4) Death row. Monument Pac. The way they took over the industry set the blueprint for the NL, Cash Money, GUnit, DipSet like takeovers. Feed the streets and fuck what the higher ups gotta say.

3) Dec Jam. Monument LL. It's no secret, the ran early commercial hip hop. They had everyone who was everyone already and yet everyone else wanted to sign and be associated with Def Jam.

2a) RocAFella. Pre break up, they were the second coming of Def Jam but more exclusive. Again taking something from a few labels before then they really locked in that family movement that they predecessors were trying to achieve

1)Bad Boy!!!!!!! Monument BIG. Around his neck; Puff, Ma$e, Mack. They managed to always stay in top three category for the last 20 years. Remixes, R&B, hot acts. Diddy ride more waves than a Hawaiian surfer but he keeps the imprint afloat

Mystikal had his best run after leaving no limit and snoop rebounded his career after leaving no limit. Y'all niggas need to stop. Those two niggas left that label and went on to drop hits.

You can say that...

But then they go places like Atl, Memphis, New Orleans and Houston and sell out shows during yhe No Way Out tour...

Aight breh, I'll agree with the singles part, niggas were buying singles of Big and Puff, and again, the only person I know that bought No Way Out album was @AP21

But No Way Out wasn't a CD that played in Cutlass/Regals/Box Chevy's

You can say that...

They shit was getting played in the club (according to my older cousins and uncles)

Im being objective...because my bias can say that No Limit ran the game...but that just wouldnt be true lol

Saying No Limit ran the south...

That is a statement I can support 1000% bruh

Ok Breh

What does running the game means?

P had niggas scared to drop their albums, P had Def Jam (who at the time had EVERYBODY in their PRIME) and other Labels around the country scared to put out music when he would drop his music

Is that not running the game?

Back