Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY What record labels are on your Mt. Rushmore?

Mystikal had his best run after leaving no limit and snoop rebounded his career after leaving no limit. Y'all niggas need to stop. Those two niggas left that label and went on to drop hits.

Snoop sold 5 million records while on NL (3 albums), and has barley sold 5 mil since (10 albums)

Running the game = Sales, Quality of Music, Visibility Nationally

Puff and Bad Boy did that better than P and No Limit in 97

So NL gets penalized for not being on the radio and in magazine? They were a Independent Label. They didn't make videos.

They wasn't getting 50% funding every go round, from another entity to help push their artist each time an album would drop

Your Bad Boys, Roc, other record labels, got checks from other entities to help push their brand. CMR, NL, Suave House, Rap-A-Lot, doesn't get that luxury thus why their shit is more immaculate than the rest of these other labels to me.

So the music in 97-98 when they were dropping the albums in that time frame 97-99 was bad? IF the music was so bad, how did P get to the Forbes in 98? How did NL became the number 1 rap label?

Sales- NL didn't have the same fan base as a Puffy, Puffy made cross-over records, P made gutta/hood music and still hit the Forbes list topping Puffy and Jordan.

So who is really running the game and I dropped a clip with DJ Paul saying Record Labels, Def Jam/ Bad Boy, the Roc, all them niggas who yall claim is Top Shit was scared to put out niggas albums. So how one striking fear in niggas to not release their product is not considered to be running the game?

Admittedly,

Quality of Music is subjective

But Sales and Visibility are concrete bruh

Quality of music is subjective, anyway.

Master P - Ghetto D - 3x platinum
Mystikal - Unpredictable - Platinum
Mr. Serv-On - Life Insurance - Gold
Mia X - Unlady Like - Gold
TRU - Tru 2 da Game - 2x platinum

Quality of music is subjective, anyway.

Master P - Ghetto D - 3x platinum
Mystikal - Unpredictable - Platinum
Mr. Serv-On - Life Insurance - Gold
Mia X - Unlady Like - Gold
TRU - Tru 2 da Game - 2x platinum

TRU went double platinum and these niggas were underground with little to no air play

Niggas really aint chewing hard enough at that shit.

Mr. Serv-, I bet some of you niggas can't even name 2 songs off that album.

4 outta them 5 albums are considered classics (Mr-Serv-On isn't one of them)

P dropped 4 classic all in one year

98 was a whole lot better, platinum plaques and singles everywhere.

Man what is these niggas talking bout in here mane Lol. NL was trash, Man them niggas was printing out their own money.

I witnessed the take-over at that time.

P had everybody and them mama going to see "I got the Hook Up" that trash ass movie, but when it came out at the time, you couldn't even get into the theaters

All if these 97-98 stats are cool but only one of these labels still relevant 20yrs later

One of these labels just had a successful anniversary tour

One of these labels attach themselves to the new new and still got the spearhead popping up on everything

P couldn't even get into the Bet awards. Just stop it fellas

Man what is these niggas talking bout in here mane Lol. NL was trash, Man them niggas was printing out their own money.

I witnessed the take-over at that time.

P had everybody and them mama going to see "I got the Hook Up" that trash ass movie, but when it came out at the time, you couldn't even get into the theaters

Yeah you and me can go back and forth sometimes but these niggas trippin actin like NL wasn't one the biggest/hottest record labels in the late 90's.

All if these 97-98 stats are cool but only one of these labels still relevant 20yrs later

One of these labels just had a successful anniversary tour

One of these labels attach themselves to the new new and still got the spearhead popping up on everything

P couldn't even get into the Bet awards. Just stop it fellas

And that label been just as dead too.

When's the last good album BB put out? 2004? maybe, and it most likely was an R & B joint cuz there rap side been dead as a motherfucka.

Yeah you and me can go back and forth sometimes but these niggas trippin actin like NL wasn't one the biggest/hottest record labels in the late 90's.

Just know it's never personal with me breh, never personal with anyone on here. Just Barbershop talk.

At the end of the day. Just opinions, now that's outta the way Lol

Niggas opinions be trash as fuk Lmaoo. Let me quit. NL did their thang

Shake it Fast breh Lol.

But he was on Jive and Jive pushed him out there, I think he had 2 or 3 videos for that album after NL.

He was on more shows, and appeared in more magazines etc.

He may have had 3 videos total for the albums he dropped on NL

He had two album after NL

Lets Get Ready and Tarantula

Pharell laced him with some heat on both albums

Him getting locked up fucked up the promo for that second album

Breh Noone in the south was even messing with BIG like that nor the albums you named.

Those artist were not selling big in the South.

Their music came on the radio here, but nobody was going out and buying their albums thus the reason you heard Ghetto D and everybody who came out in 97 and 98 more in the south.
It was 8ball, CMR, NL, Rap-A-Lot, and 3-6 being played in the South. Kast also.

Them ppl you name albums weren't selling in the south, Ask Jay-Z

I can't name 10 niggas who bout WU album, other than @AP21, he was the only nigga I knew that actually bout that album, (the one that had them nigga fighting bees or some shit)

And nobody outside Louisiana heard of mr. Serv on

And nobody outside Louisiana heard of mr. Serv on

I feel you big bro.

We wasn't on that Wu in Louisiana, as where as Mr. Serv-on went on to shoot a video in yo niggas back-yard and had one of the hottest MC, that prolly had next appear on a track for his album. It can sting a lil bit. I ain't put it together.

And that label been just as dead too.

When's the last good album BB put out? 2004? maybe, and it most likely was an R & B joint cuz there rap side been dead as a motherfucka.
Good is subjective but French's Jungle Rules just went Gold. Take that take that. Still relevant

Again, when was the last sucessful NL tour?

The fact that BB still out here is a testament to the label b

Back