Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY What record labels are on your Mt. Rushmore?

Record sales doesn't mean you're making quality music, soulja boy sold records but you wouldn't say he's any good.

Breh that whole argument doesn't even make sense.

Soulja Boy is ONE person

NL is 15-25 unheard of niggas, Niggas aint even get radio play, no lead single for their albums at numerous times, and still going Gold, niggas wasn't even getting 1 video for their albums and still going platinum.

Man yall niggas saying x person sold records not even thinking, who their fanbase were, who all were buying their records, their fan-base aint buying a C-Murder or Soulja Slim album ,

1. They were on a Major Label, 2. They had a smash hit single to jump them off.

3. Them niggas had major radio play, and 2 or 3 videos for their albums

4. They had big budgets and major marketing money, appearing in Magazines, TV shows, etc.

NL had way less than that, and had the game shook LMAOOO

Man do you HW on NL and how the game was in 97-99

Yes

No Limit and Master P deserve respect for thier impact on the genre...especially buisness wise

But again...No Limit IMO is not a TOP 5 record label
based solely on music...

And again im coming from the perspective of a southern nigga who was listening to hip hop back then

Musically Cash Money takes a shit on No Limit

The niggas yall naming had cross-over success.

NL aint have a cross-over record until maybe 2000. All their shit was str8 cater to niggas.

It Aint my fault was maybe the safest cross-over record that they made and that shit was Silk the Shocker who yall said made wack ass music Lmaoo

You couldn't find a "It Aint my fault" single in the store when that shit dropped Lmaoo but yet it's wack

The niggas yall naming had cross-over success.

NL aint have a cross-over record until maybe 2000. All their shit was str8 cater to niggas.

It Aint my fault was maybe the safest cross-over record that they made and that shit was Silk the Shocker who yall said made wack ass music Lmaoo

You couldn't find a "It Aint my fault" single in the store when that shit dropped Lmaoo but yet it's wack

Make em Say Uhh is what put No Limit on nationally...

And that dropped in 97

Yes

No Limit and Master P deserve respect for thier impact on the genre...especially buisness wise

But again...No Limit IMO is not a TOP 5 record label
based solely on music...

And again im coming from the perspective of a southern nigga who was listening to hip hop back then

Musically Cash Money takes a shit on No Limit

Business wise don't sell records breh

Musically listening to their albums in 2017-2018 yea, I'd say CMR older records held up better but this whole they didn't make quality music at the time is not a good point to stand on being that you don't get to the top with trash ass music.

Tony Draper is a good business person, P got some of his game from him, so why we are not talking about him???

Business and selling records are not parallel to one another.

If that was the case, Tony Draper would have made Forbes in 98 along with P, Ted from Slip N Slide would have made Forbes.

P made Forbes twice, nigga had more funds than Micheal Jordan in 98.

You don't get that from putting out bad music

Business wise don't sell records breh

Musically listening to their albums in 2017-2018 yea, I'd say CMR older records held up better but this whole they didn't make quality music at the time is not a good point to stand on being that you don't get to the top with trash ass music.

Tony Draper is a good business person, P got some of his game from him, so why we are not talking about him???

Business and selling records are not parallel to one another.

If that was the case, Tony Draper would have made Forbes in 98 along with P, Ted from Slip N Slide would have made Forbes.

P made Forbes twice, nigga had more funds than Micheal Jordan in 98.

You don't get that from putting out bad music

Never said they put out bad music...

Just that they dont belong on Rushmore or a Top 5 list just strictly off music

Cause IMO there are about 5 or 6 other labels that made better music whoadie

And P’s business acumen is the reason he made so much money because the deal he brokered with priority allowed him to keep a large % of sales, merch, tour money etc.

Priority was really JUST distrubution for real.

TRU 2 DA GAME is a classic Lol.

But niggas aint go say it aint a classic because it didn't reach their back yard and didn't appear in Magazines and the singles weren't all over the radio.

When every nigga in the south had that dayum album, shit was played everywhere, on the hour by the hour, but niggas elsewhere wouldn't claim it as a classic.

Just like niggas in here saying Ghetto D isn't a classic when the album came out, the shit ran the entire rap game. Smh

Never said they put out bad music...

Just that they dont belong on Rushmore or a Top 5 list just strictly off music

Cause IMO there are about 5 or 6 other labels that made better music whoadie

That's your opinion breh,

NL is a music company, so how they don't belong on their when their (music) ran the game and got them on the radar?

That's the reason their music sold?

It wasn't because of P deal? The music sold because ppl fuck'd wit it Lol. P business ventures had nothing to do with C-Murder going Platinum and Mr. Serv-On going Gold at the time but whatever breh

That's yall opinion

A bunch of rappers that no one gives a shit about. I'm sure nobody was running to the record store to pick up a Fiend album.
That's the worst example you could've given

Had you said Lil Italy, I don't even comment, but even Lil Italy got a release.

P, could've had bushes before birdman did but he wanted to give all good artists the opportunity to make money. You can't do that if you on the shelf

If NL was going platinum and gold, selling over a million records.

Who is buying this bad music

Over 75 million records sold,

Who buy bad music?

They don't feel you brah

P never had Samsung to buy a million albums

Just saying

Nigga said nobody was running to get a Fiend album. Man I'm done Lol

That further lets me know, you niggas just starting listening to rap music and understanding the game in 2004.

If you wasn't buying CDs or listening to your big bro or uncle shit in 97-99, then you wouldn't understand thus the outlandish comments.

Nigga said nobody was fucking with Fiend when some of yall favorite rappers couldn't wait to fuck wit him. See Currency, See DMX, smh

TRU 2 DA GAME is a classic Lol.

But niggas aint go say it aint a classic because it didn't reach their back yard and didn't appear in Magazines and the singles weren't all over the radio.

When every nigga in the south had that dayum album, shit was played everywhere, on the hour by the hour, but niggas elsewhere wouldn't claim it as a classic.

Just like niggas in here saying Ghetto D isn't a classic when the album came out, the shit ran the entire rap game. Smh

Maybe it ran the rap game in the south...which I can speak to

But your bias is blinding you...

Ghetto D did not run the rap game nationally when albums like

Life After Death (BIG)
No Way Out (Puff)
Harlem World (Mase)
Wu-Tang Forever (Wu)
When Disaster Strikes (Busta)

and many more....

To keep it funky in 97 Bad Boy ran the rap game bruh and thats facts

Knock, you and BDP are saying the same thing lol

Again, overall, yes, their music might not have been the most lyrically captivating, and I'm ok with that.

But these niggas tripping talking about NL didn't have no good albums

Knock i think you forgetting region bias here. Enter the 36 chambers went plat considered a classic but i dont think folks out west or deep south was buying it like an east coast did. Just like 36 mafia and NL sold records but before mainstream they were regional.

When people view your label as the new rep for an area under represented records with sale. I never heard of Mr. Serv on ever

Lmaoooooo NO Limit has ZERO classic albums, nigga said Mr Serv On got classics lmaoooooooooooooo i cant breatheeeeeee

I fucked with No Limit heavy in the late 90s man...soundtrack to my middle school years...

But I also realise that compared to other labels nationally...they arent top 5 musically

Maybe it ran the rap game in the south...which I can speak to

But your bias is blinding you...

Ghetto D did not run the rap game nationally when albums like

Life After Death (BIG)
No Way Out (Puff)
Harlem World (Mase)
Wu-Tang Forever (Wu)
When Disaster Strikes (Busta)

and many more....

To keep it funky in 97 Bad Boy ran the rap game bruh and thats facts

Breh Noone in the south was even messing with BIG like that nor the albums you named.

Those artist were not selling big in the South.

Their music came on the radio here, but nobody was going out and buying their albums thus the reason you heard Ghetto D and everybody who came out in 97 and 98 more in the south.
It was 8ball, CMR, NL, Rap-A-Lot, and 3-6 being played in the South. Kast also.

Them ppl you name albums weren't selling in the south, Ask Jay-Z

I can't name 10 niggas who bout WU album, other than @AP21, he was the only nigga I knew that actually bout that album, (the one that had them nigga fighting bees or some shit)

Back