Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY What record labels are on your Mt. Rushmore?

How about you read before commenting

And ghetto dope is debatable

Shut your ass I dont care what you post, I said what I said.

And debatable means no classics so how is it a legendary label. Put your bias to the side nigga.

Shut your ass I dont care what you post, I said what I said.

And debatable means no classics so how is it a legendary label. Put your bias to the side nigga.
You care

But again. I'll take a label with a bunch of solid albums that put a bunch of rappers out over a label that depended on 2 or 3 people to stay relevant

Quantity>> Quality?

Yall twins fam lol yall bias to a fault

A bunch of rappers that no one gives a shit about. I'm sure nobody was running to the record store to pick up a Fiend album.

If NL was going platinum and gold, selling over a million records.

Who is buying this bad music

Over 75 million records sold,

Who buy bad music?

Was anybody even around that's commenting on NL saying they were garbage listening to rap music?

Was anybody in 97-99 listening to rap music? Let me ask this first before I start dropping my points

If you just started listening to rap music in 2004 then you wouldn't understand how NL ran the rap game and had other rap labels in fear to drop albums on the same day that they would drop their albums.

If NL was going platinum and gold, selling over a million records.

Who is buying this bad music

Over 75 million records sold,

Who buy bad music?

2ik6peb.jpg

Dude NL singles, where you could go and buy a single of a song for 3.99 was going platinum.

Dude NL Bout It Bout sold a million copies, plus the soundtrack to the movie sold more records than your favorite rapper at the time it was out.

NL artists were making more money than your favorite rappers that yall crown as kings. Ask Method Man, Ask Big Boi. Mr. Serv-on had more than both of them niggas and Serv-on hadn't even dropped his album yet.

You don't run the rap game by dropping bad music.

You don't have labels scared to drop if you aint dropping quality music.

What yall are saying at even matching up with reality

Paul is speaking reality, I don't know what yall dudes are talking about.

Like I said, if you wasn't listening to rap music in 97-99 at the time the music came out, then it aint even fair to even debate. Yall aint doing yall homework and going back into that time and seeing how the game was.

Sales = quality?

In that case vanilla ice is the goat lol

Knock be having the worst arguments lmaoooo

And funfact: meth made more bread than them niggas u talkin about.

P started doing 100 different things, that's why the quality started to go down.

If you're doing other things that demand your attention, the focus will be taken off of something else, thus his record label suffered. His artist were already millionaires and going platinum, them niggas aint care and started half-asses, thus the sub-par albums, they were getting into other shit

Sports Agency
NBA marketing
Movies
Clothes
Real-Estate
Other ventures

The Record Label took a back-seat. But when he was focus, Nothing was fucking with TRU and the albums he put out in that 97-98 span.

From 97- Jan 99.

Give me a bad NL album? I'll wait.

Sales = quality?

In that case vanilla ice is the goat lol

Knock be having the worst arguments lmaoooo

And funfact: meth made more bread than them niggas u talkin about.

Breh the Vanilla ice argument sold because he catered to a certain crowd, What black ppl you know bought his records?

Black ppl bout NL albums breh.

Black ppl bout I'm bout it bout it. Vanilla Ice fans were buying C-Murder albums and Soulja Slim albums. This is what you're saying?

U do know Soulja Slim and C-Murder went platinum and Gold. So who was their fan base

You go sit here and say silk the fucking shocker was dropping good music, master p was putting out classics, Mia x was the top female. Stop this.No one on that label was ever at the top at any time.

You go sit here and say silk the fucking shocker was dropping good music, master p was putting out classics, Mia x was the top female. Stop this.No one on that label was ever at the top at any time.

If Silk the Shocker wasn't dropping good music, again, why did his 1st album that only had 1 video and no radio play, go GOLD (maybe platinum) after X amount of time??

If Master P was wasn't dropping good music, why TRU and Ghetto D and I"m Bout IT soundtrack sold records?

Yall don't even make any sense?

If one isn't dropping quality music, then one wouldn't be selling right?

Yall equate being famous and being in Magazines and on the radio, by being on top. Just because yall aint see these dudes on TV and the magazine reps weren't shouting them out, then yall think they were garbage.

Niggas were going platinum and selling Gold albums without having all the press talk and dick-riders.

These niggas singles were going GOLD and Platinum, what is yall saying mane? Lol. Like yall really aint doing your homework or yall just starting listening to rap music in 2007

Record sales doesn't mean you're making quality music, soulja boy sold records but you wouldn't say he's any good.

Lmaooo

Major artist and Def Jam was scared to bring out an album. And them niggas had banging ass artists on their label

Lmaoo, I know you niggas hate to hear that. Breaks yo heart.

Master P had them niggas scared to drop albums when he ran the game. P had something that would come out May 5th, Def Jam (who had yall hero artist, the top of the top, the niggas yall deem as KINGs) scared to drop their album .

Man I'm done Lmaoooo, Nuff said.

Master P putting out bad shit, but the niggas sitting over there who yall niggas hold up as RAP gods were scared to put out their album on the same date

Man yall better do yall HW about NL. Them niggas was running shit

Last edited:
Back