Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY What record labels are on your Mt. Rushmore?

I know Def jam technically was the first label to go into the movie stuff, but EVERYBODY started doing movies after I'm bout it.

P flipped that into I got the hookup, foolish, and a couple other joints.

P had sneakers, cell phones, clothing, etc...

I feel you big bro.

We wasn't on that Wu in Louisiana, as where as Mr. Serv-on went on to shoot a video in yo niggas back-yard and had one of the hottest MC, that prolly had next appear on a track for his album. It can sting a lil bit. I ain't put it together.

When was this?

I know Def jam technically was the first label to go into the movie stuff, but EVERYBODY started doing movies after I'm bout it.

What NL is better than Paid In Full?

I don't anyone here knocking NL or P hustle but there's only 4 spots. Now you wanna make an arguement for independent label mount Rushmore or Mogul or even multimedia juggernaut and I'll be right there throwing NO in the Top 2 but from a strictly music label stand point, then and now, a cat would sign with BB before they signed with NL, especially if they wanted world wide exposure.

BB had a multiplat girl group for fucks sake

What NL is better than Paid In Full?

I don't anyone here knocking NL or P hustle but there's only 4 spots. Now you wanna make an arguement for independent label mount Rushmore or Mogul or even multimedia juggernaut and I'll be right there throwing NO in the Top 2 but from a strictly music label stand point, then and now, a cat would sign with BB before they signed with NL, especially if they wanted world wide exposure.

BB had a multiplat girl group for fucks sake

no one is saying the movies are better, but he helped pave a way to let dudes know they can do more outside of the music

P had a few movies actually released in theaters before his straight to dvd run. Thats no small feat.

like i mentioned earlier, you could chance going to BB and possibly getting a release date or you can go, never drop an album and be on puffs writing team. Depending on your outlook, the latter might not be the thing in the world

BUT on NL....if your album cover was in the cd insert, it was coming out. There was no if ands or buts about it

mine

Cash Money
No Limit
Rocafella
Death Row

I wanna change this so bad...

yea...i think im putting Bad Boy in place of Death Row.

So

CMR
No Limit
Roc
Bad Boy

no one is saying the movies are better, but he helped pave a way to let dudes know they can do more outside of the music

P had a few movies actually released in theaters before his straight to dvd run. Thats no small feat.

like i mentioned earlier, you could chance going to BB and possibly getting a release date or you can go, never drop an album and be on puffs writing team. Depending on your outlook, the latter might not be the thing in the world

BUT on NL....if your album cover was in the cd insert, it was coming out. There was no if ands or buts about it
It was out, it went gold, you had local success for 1 maybe 2 yrs. The end.

On Bad Boy, In the event you came out you were going to be on a top ten hit. At the very least you was gonna be a one hit wonder. Plat with the ability to stay on as a in-house something. Dawn Richards. Still eating from her BB connection

20+ Years later. As good as NL run was....it wasn’t sustained. BB still a legitimate label tho.

It was out, it went gold, you had local success for 1 maybe 2 yrs. The end.

On Bad Boy, In the event you came out you were going to be on a top ten hit. At the very least you was gonna be a one hit wonder. Plat with the ability to stay on as a in-house something. Dawn Richards. Still eating from her BB connection

20+ Years later. As good as NL run was....it wasn’t sustained. BB still a legitimate label tho.
you are making this a music discussion when i've long conceded on that point

NL's business acumen is second to none and for that alone, it deserves a place on the Mt Rushmore

you are making this a music discussion when i've long conceded on that point

NL's business acumen is second to none and for that alone, it deserves a place on the Mt Rushmore
Ok. So you saying because they branched out and had success they deserve a spot

Aight.

Ok. So you saying because they branched out and had success they deserve a spot

Aight.

im saying, NL dont get the credit they deserve for their contribution to hiphop

P opened a lot of doors for a lot of rappers people have come to know and love today but putting them on his tours, giving them advice, etc..

not only that, at one point, everybody on the label was a millionaire. Now what they did with the money after they made it, thats on them, but Puff wasnt doing that for everybody. Not knocking him, but P's influence is sorely overlooked.

No Limit does not deserve a top 5 spot solely based on their business acumen, especially when CM did it bigger and better. Nobody outside of the slums of the south gives 2 fucks about any of those No Limit albums.

No Limit does not deserve a top 5 spot solely based on their business acumen, especially when CM did it bigger and better. Nobody outside of the slums of the south gives 2 fucks about any of those No Limit albums.

how many niggas in birdmans bushes RIGHT now

what other artist on young money not named wayne, nicki, or drake put out a solo album?

what other movie besides Baller Blocking does CMR have?

lets start here.

All those shits were trash just like the music

LMAO, who the fuck is lil Italy, they don't get points for pushing out no name niggas that didn't do anything.

NL had a garage rappers. They got their region pumped, and even in bmore Niggaz rocked them heavy.

Cash money Niggaz could actually spit.

Outside of Mystikal, not one member of the entire NL could out rap any of the hot Boyz

Like I get it, NL got it pumped... Shit my online name comes directly from their impact.... But them Niggaz was trash rappers....

Def jam
Roc
Death row
Bad boy

Again, I thought this thread was about the music, once niggas start talkin about money and sales, who cares.

Shits like talkin about the best rapper and niggas like "well 50 made vitamin water" , who gives af.

NL had a garage rappers. They got their region pumped, and even in bmore Niggaz rocked them heavy.

Cash money Niggaz could actually spit.

Outside of Mystikal, not one member of the entire NL could out rap any of the hot Boyz

Like I get it, NL got it pumped... Shit my online name comes directly from their impact.... But them Niggaz was trash rappers....

Def jam
Roc
Death row
Bad boy

if you've never listened Mac, then dont say that

Fiend is/was a dope rapper

Mia X is the most underrated female rapper of all time.

Soulja Slim was a beast

Niggas clown on Turk ALL fucking day, but now wanna say nobody is better than the hot boyz all of a sudden?? man ya'll niggas need to be stopped

Again, I thought this thread was about the music, once niggas start talkin about money and sales, who cares.

Shits like talkin about the best rapper and niggas like "well 50 made vitamin water" , who gives af.

i hate ya'll sometimes

its about the imprint the label has put on the rap game. Again, the music, if we are just solely leaving it to that is an entirely different discussion, but this is a conversation about the TOTAL IMPACT these labels have had on the industry. How can you not include the business side of it?

All those shits were trash just like the music
again, that doesnt matter lol

and im not even disagreeing with you

the fact that he was able to walk into a hollywood studio and get them to finance his movies is nothing short of fucking amazing

ya'll keep letting the music cloud ya'lls opinion about NL

i hate ya'll sometimes

its about the imprint the label has put on the rap game. Again, the music, if we are just solely leaving it to that is an entirely different discussion, but this is a conversation about the TOTAL IMPACT these labels have had on the industry. How can you not include the business side of it?

Even if included, you can't have a trash catalog and be a top 5 label lol Seriously fam?

Back