Welcome To aBlackWeb

Wealth Gap, Family Business, Is the Child Responsible 2 Continue The Business

Is the nigga worth leaving it to wow? interesting point breh.

That housing part is realest as it comes, see it all the time smh.

Should the parents make the kids work for the business in order to get something from the business?
the parents should teach the kids a strong work ethic early.....

with the work ethic they will know hardwork and the value of it....that will in turn allow them to see where all the hardwork is getting the parents and the freedom they have when they have it.

a child with a strong work ethic is more likely to take over the family business than a kid without an ethic.

like you stated earlier....and someone else did too...

you can buy the kids jordans try to make their life easier but then you can be mad when they dont want to take over.

did the kid earn the jordans or did they just get them?

if a kid knows they gotta get up every saturday and work and they to do what ever with their money......that will go a long way

Add selling tires to the list and tinting shops.

Nothing wrong with these ventures but dayum, Pookie can't open up a cupcake shop?

Yea, I agree with your post.
right....but why is our communities limited to these options?

are we allowing our options to be limited?

can we really blame white america for this?

or do we blame those niggas who people think is cool and allow them to give the definition of whats cool or black?

Im saying tho if my dad job was killing pigs and cutting up pork but i dont want to do that means i shouldnt get nothing? You just doing your business just to give it to your kids or did you actually like the job?

Good post,

I'm not saying that the dad shouldn't in this example, but I am asking, should your dad be obligated to give you anything, meaning if he's told you that he wants you to take over the business, sat you on his knee at 4 and told you that this will be yours and you go and do something else in life, especially on some shit where you're not really making as much as you would have if you would have just followed what your dad said to you coming up, I mean, ehh, Lol. That's a tough one, The humane and loving side of the dad, should leave you something, but there's a side that, my hard work I done to have this setup for you, so it can be passed down to my grandkids, says, nah, get it how you live nigga Lol

Im saying tho if my dad job was killing pigs and cutting up pork but i dont want to do that means i shouldnt get nothing? You just doing your business just to give it to your kids or did you actually like the job?
those pigs keep you warm and dry.

so either you dont respect your dads hardwork or you feeling entitled to his gains without the production.

also...why should a kid get apart of the money when they dont want the business?

this is the pick up the check mentality

those pigs keep you warm and dry.

so either you dont respect your dads hardwork or you feeling entitled to his gains without the production.

also...why should a kid get apart of the money when they dont want the business?

this is the pick up the check mentality

But what about the parents who dont want their kid doing what they do? Or what if your kid found something they are better at than what you did? Should they not do what they good at just to make you feel good.

no offense
no disrespect..

but the problem is that you think you have too many other options.

you may not want to do that but that doesnt mean if you needed money you wont revert to it. or even get a few extra dollars.

we wont like everything we do....but always remember...there is someone somewhere that dont have those options...

passing a business down or a skill down is very valueable and it may be your fault that you didnt see how to monetize that skill.

shit you could have taught someone else and had a lil crew working for you.

Now you moving your points.

If you going to force your child to run the family business regardless of them wanting to or not shit might as well not send to the school either. If all they need to know how to do is run the business. They don't need to know anything else they don't need options.

I saw how to monetize that skill easily it just wasn't for me regardless of if I had options or not. Hell even though I hate it I paint my rental property when the lease is up and I'm getting a new tenant just cause I know how to do it and don't have or want to pay someone to do it.

Everything ain't for everybody and just because a parent's business is successful and provided a great life for said child doesn't mean that child has an obligation to run that business. They have their OWN goals, dreams and aspirations that could possibly have nothing to do with the family business and there is nothing wrong with that.

The shit you saying you shouldn't have any problems with parents forcing their kids to live out the parents dreams cause they couldn't do it.

But what about the parents who dont want their kid doing what they do? Or what if your kid found something they are better at than what you did? Should they not do what they good at just to make you feel good.
as the parent ...you should guide them and also be aware of what they like.

its one thing to allow and steer your kids towards what they like or what they are good at....and it another thing for them to just flat out not want to do what you are doing thats feed them. its almost a slap in the face.

how dare a child that reaped the benefits of a parents hard work think they can turn there nose down to how you earned the living that provided them the lifestyle they lived.
yea they need to be cut off. period.

as for me feeling good...its not about me feeling good. its about the responsibility of taking their place in the lineage.

i make this example...

a chain is as strong as its weakest link..... every heasrd of it?

but every chain has to start somewhere....where will you be in the chain...will you be the first link...or will you be the link that broke the chain and now a new chain needs to be made?

now if you are good or want to pursue something else...cool. you must do it in a respectful way but still know you need to help look out for the family business.

right....but why is our communities limited to these options?

are we allowing our options to be limited?

can we really blame white america for this?

or do we blame those niggas who people think is cool and allow them to give the definition of whats cool or black?

Man breh,

You digging deep, meaning, Should parents show everything to their kid?

The cupcake setup. There are other factors that I'd say would stop Pookie from opening up the shop, but there's ways to get around that. Pooling your money together.

But another point I pulled from your post, If Pookie's mama can bake pies, or make a good upside down cake, Should Pookie know how to make this as well?

Should you as a parent teach and show your child everything you know.

If you're a dad, and you know how to skin a sacalait (sakalay) fish, should you show your daughter?

Should your mama show you how to make pies or bake?

Now you moving your points.

If you going to force your child to run the family business regardless of them wanting to or not shit might as well not send to the school either. If all they need to know how to do is run the business. They don't need to know anything else they don't need options.

I saw how to monetize that skill easily it just wasn't for me regardless of if I had options or not. Hell even though I hate it I paint my rental property when the lease is up and I'm getting a new tenant just cause I know how to do it and don't have or want to pay someone to do it.

Everything ain't for everybody and just because a parent's business is successful and provided a great life for said child doesn't mean that child has an obligation to run that business. They have their OWN goals, dreams and aspirations that could possibly have nothing to do with the family business and there is nothing wrong with that.

The shit you saying you shouldn't have any problems with parents forcing their kids to live out the parents dreams cause they couldn't do it.
this is not about the kids living the parents dream.....this is about continuing and adding to generational wealth.

lavar ball is a man who wants his kids to live his dream
donald trump and his kids are building and continuing generational wealth
blue ivy will needs to understand her parents businesses but might not want to be a entertainer.

diana ross was a singer but kids are actors....but you still must respect the parents hustle and continue doing something....

many examples...

I think you can walk and chew gum at the same time.

But going back to your example with the pigs, you've seen your dad put his sweat, blood and tears into that venture, would you want to let him down by not at least maintaining it?

Man breh,

You digging deep, meaning, Should parents show everything to their kid?

The cupcake setup. There are other factors that I'd say would stop Pookie from opening up the shop, but there's ways to get around that. Pooling your money together.

But another point I pulled from your post, If Pookie's mama can bake pies, or make a good upside down cake, Should Pookie know how to make this as well?

Should you as a parent teach and show your child everything you know.

If you're a dad, and you know how to skin a sacalait (sakalay) fish, should you show your daughter?

Should your mama show you how to make pies or bake?
yes, a skill is a skill that not everyone has and can carry you across cultures.
if pookie doesnt have to work for someone else...why should he?

yes, a skill is a skill that not everyone has and can carry you across cultures.
if pookie doesnt have to work for someone else...why should he?

I agree, Pookie shouldn't work for anyone, but my question

Do you think Pookie is learning how to bake cupcakes?

Is he taking out the time to learn how to get baking a good cupcake down to the core?

I agree, Pookie shouldn't work for anyone, but my question

Do you think Pookie is learning how to bake cupcakes?

Is he taking out the time to learn how to get baking a good cupcake down to the core?
this is a good question...

but what should or would stop pookie from wanting to learn?

his image maybe?

Oh if yall talking about just keeping it up thats fine but i dont think every kid should gave to work in pops job

Man, I'm not about to let you lie to me Lol

15 kids breh and not 1 will step up and take over the man's empire? smh.

Maybe that could be the case, moving back to the Island. I can understand that in a sense.
He only has a daughter that still lives home and she works for a bank. Yes, 15 kids he was married 3 times. The rest of them are all stateside chasing the American dream.

this is not about the kids living the parents dream.....this is about continuing and adding to generational wealth.

lavar ball is a man who wants his kids to live his dream
donald trump and his kids are building and continuing generational wealth
blue ivy will needs to understand her parents businesses but might not want to be a entertainer.

diana ross was a singer but kids are actors....but you still must respect the parents hustle and continue doing something....

many examples...

No its not about that but that is basically what you saying in some of your posts. How the fuck is it wrong or disrespectful cause I want to make my own lane and not do what my parents did as a business?

If its truly about building generational wealth you wouldn't take it as disrespect or as you said a slap in the face that your child doesn't want to do what you did as their profession.As long as its something respectful and successful fuck you care for?

Just cause a child branches out and does something outside of what you did and yall both successful ain't a weak link in the chain or break in the lineage. The lineage is being a successful family at whatever each individual chooses to do not having to do what your parents did.

this is a good question...

but what should or would stop pookie from wanting to learn?

his image maybe?

Lol

I would say that could play a part into stopping Pookie, but do you think at Thanksgiving time when those cupcakes and pies are being baked, do you think his Madea or mama is showing, (forcing) him their recipe on Pookie?

So it goes back to the mind-set on why we don't want to go into and do other ventures

Which goes back to me asking, should parents (force) their knowledge, skill sets onto their kids?

Pookie could very well have the next million dollar cup-cake franchise business, but you're saying his image will prevent him from this?

But guess who image won't deter them from having this cup-cake franchise going across the world? Lol

I think you can walk and chew gum at the same time.

But going back to your example with the pigs, you've seen your dad put his sweat, blood and tears into that venture, would you want to let him down by not at least maintaining it?

How is a child letting the parent down because they don't want to do what they did as their profession? I really don't understand this train of thought

How is a child letting the parent down because they don't want to do what they did as their profession? I really don't understand this train of thought

To me:

If a parent has setup something, created something that's going to take care of the son, grand-kids and maybe great-grand-kids and all you have to do is drive, inherit the business, and you don't want to, then to me, that's you destroying the whole blue-print, the whole reason why I'm doing what I am doing.

I'm not saying, what I am saying is right, and your thoughts are wrong, I'm saying that it doesn't sit well with me, I've already carved you out a road to take, and you start 10 miles back to carve out a new road. I'll be feeling some kind of way.

Back