Welcome To aBlackWeb

Wealth Gap, Family Business, Is the Child Responsible 2 Continue The Business

Lol.

I'm not disagreeing with you on your post. Plenty of times.

So who fault is that some black dudes are like this? the parent or the dude?

Dude mama has a beauty salon, she's old, it's one of the best in town, why wouldn't he want to inherit that income and take on what his mama built? Because it's not cool?
see...here is whats crazy...

i can see dudes wanting to take over a hairsalon tho.....
women and money....thats fish in a barrel.

but lets say.....mom had a cupcake company...would a dude proudly take that over?

None??

In your opinion, is that a problem that none of the kids want to take over the business?
And he has like 15 kids. The business is tough and they have seen him go through a lot but I just think they don’t want to move back home(to the Island) and people are not really signing up for old fashion back breaking business anymore. His youngest son was the one I thought would take over but he is a truck driver in Florida instead.

I feel its a recipe for disaster because their hearts will never be in it to at least maintain at its current level of success or to grow it even further. Shit usually doesn't work out well or long term when a person is forced to do something.

Personally no I wouldn't feel some type of way if my child didn't want to do what I did for a living no matter how successful at it I may have been. I'm raising them to be their own individual so what was good for me and provided a decent life for them may not be what they want to do for a living and that is OK.

Just don't be a fucked up non-respectable person and we good. That also don't mean I'm just going to leave them my business or money in the will either.
do anything for 30 days an just becomes apart of who you are.

the parent needs to explain that....sometimes you must do what you dont like to be able to do what you like.

work hard play hard.
or like my dad always said....the bill always comes due

but lets say.....mom had a cupcake company...would a dude proudly take that over?
Yeah I would!!!!!!But my mentality is different.

Niggas don't even eat cupcakes Lol

But I see your point, If I was to guess, I'd say no. But again, would that fall on the mama plate for not grooming her son to take over that business?

He wasn't fussing when she was taking that money and getting his ass the latest J's or the latest gaming system. Nigga walking around with every pair of J's but don't wanna take over the business which provided him these things? that part I'm trying to understand

Yea it may come off as not being cool, but that beats trying to be a rapper or working down at the plant doing 8, 12's and 3 off shifts. IMO

Last edited:
But I am seeing this play out infront of my eyes. My Uncle has a business that none of his kids want to take over and he refuses to sell it even to me. It has our family name on it and I want it to survive but it won’t. It is sad.

This the shit I said in an earlier post. I have absolutely no problem leaving my nieces or nephews my business if they want to run it and my kids don't. My kids better not feel entitled to a penny of the money that their cousin(s) make off of it cause they the ones putting in the work.

And he has like 15 kids. The business is tough and they have seen him go through a lot but I just think they don’t want to move back home(to the Island) and people are not really signing up for old fashion back breaking business anymore. His youngest son was the one I thought would take over but he is a truck driver in Florida instead.

Man, I'm not about to let you lie to me Lol

15 kids breh and not 1 will step up and take over the man's empire? smh.

Maybe that could be the case, moving back to the Island. I can understand that in a sense.

I dont want to run a business personally the risk reward the time energy and stress involved. Id rather be a historian actually. Running a business aint nevwr been simple.
i had to sit up for this one.

running my business can be very hard at times. but as the owner i need to see where i can streamline certain things can cut other things completely.

it is on the owner to make things better.

and also....you never know what you are good at.

you may say this now....but you start a business and just being who you are....your shit could take off and all without guidance.

i usually use this comparison.....do you know you can beat everyone you fight? no but you take the chance.....if you lose at least you tried. is that not a measure of your manhood? business is the same thing.

and whos to say you cant be a historian consultant?

the parent needs to explain that....sometimes you must do what you dont like to be able to do what you like.

work hard play hard.

Do anything for 30 days and get paid from it, becomes a part of you.

Yea I don't like doing this work, but I do like bringing home these checks and it making my lifestyle somewhat decent

the fact that he worked so hard should be more of a reason they should want to take it over.

sounds like they got americanized

Do anything for 30 days and get paid from it, becomes a part of you.

Yea I don't like doing this work, but I do like bringing home these checks and it making my lifestyle somewhat decent
heres the thing i tell people who say similiar stuff

lots of people witnessed how hard i was working getting my business started.....everyone said they cool living a comfortable lifestyle....

but then life hits them and most dont have the resources to handle life....
people tend to think they are comfortable where they are because you dont have much to compare it to.

But I am seeing this play out infront of my eyes. My Uncle has a business that none of his kids want to take over and he refuses to sell it even to me. It has our family name on it and I want it to survive but it won’t. It is sad.

You should start your own business and piggyback off the family name. It's your name too. You get it all in the end.

So what are we passing down to our kids if we are not giving them the business or businesses we have built?

Should the parent or parents even leave anything behind, monetary wise if the kid or kids don't inherit the business? Too cruel?

You wasn't with me shooting in the gym? or nah Lol

work hard play hard.

I've done plenty for years and its not apart of me.

Doing what I don't like doesn't mean I have to do what YOU doing or did though.

Kids can work harder than you ever did at something but its their life to live.

My uncle taught me how to paint houses when I was young went with him jobs big and small just to help keep me out of trouble and teach me a trade. I thank him for it till this day. One thing for sure and 2 things for certain I learned early I wasn't trying to be no fucking painter. I'm not a painter now and never will I be. I respect his business 100% but that shit was for him not me.

Nothing anybody can explain to me about doing something forever that I know damn well I ain't trying to do for 1 day.

Niggas don't even eat cupcakes Lol

But I see your point, If I was to guess, I'd say no. But again, would that fall on the mama plate for not grooming her son to take over that business?

He wasn't fussing when she was taking that money and getting his ass the latest J's or the latest gaming system. Nigga walking around with every pair of J's but don't wanna take over the business which provided him these things? that part I'm trying to understand

Yea it may come off as not being cool, but that beats trying to be a rapper or working down at the plant doing 8, 12's and 3 off shifts. IMO
kids and women like cupcakes tho.

and heres the problem.......heres one of those things people say black people dont do.

business is business.

seemslike the only places people want start is either chicken, laundry or bodega.

i am with you as the part i dont understand as well.

i always get into arguments with dudes saying they full of shit...

niggas not scared of anything and want to sell drugs and have shoot outs but then turn around and say starting a business and running it is hard work.

what the hell ya think ya doing pookie?

but your example goes back to being entitled.

i know a guy who has two degrees and doesnt want to start a business but rather wants to drive around and pick up the checks....but he never started the business to be able to pick up the checks. but he wants to be the boss.

So what are we passing down to our kids if we are not giving them the business or businesses we have built?

Should the parent or parents even leave anything behind, monetary wise if the kid or kids don't inherit the business? Too cruel?

another very good point i always speak about.....

there was a thread on the old IC where the niggas was saying how the parents didnt leave him anything....but is the nigga worth leaving it to?

niggas dont want to own houses and dont leave nothing......this is a major problem

their was also i thread i made about wills and shit....hardly anyone wanted to leave someone anything...

so it comes down to ...why are you even working?
is it just to survive?

I've done plenty for years and its not apart of me.

Doing what I don't like doesn't mean I have to do what YOU doing or did though.

Kids can work harder than you ever did at something but its their life to live.

My uncle taught me how to paint houses when I was young went with him jobs big and small just to help keep me out of trouble and teach me a trade. I thank him for it till this day. One thing for sure and 2 things for certain I learned early I wasn't trying to be no fucking painter. I'm not a painter now and never will I be. I respect his business 100% but that shit was for him not me.

Nothing anybody can explain to me about doing something forever that I know damn well I ain't trying to do for 1 day.
no offense
no disrespect..

but the problem is that you think you have too many other options.

you may not want to do that but that doesnt mean if you needed money you wont revert to it. or even get a few extra dollars.

we wont like everything we do....but always remember...there is someone somewhere that dont have those options...

passing a business down or a skill down is very valueable and it may be your fault that you didnt see how to monetize that skill.

shit you could have taught someone else and had a lil crew working for you.

another very good point i always speak about.....

there was a thread on the old IC where the niggas was saying how the parents didnt leave him anything....but is the nigga worth leaving it to?

niggas dont want to own houses and dont leave nothing......this is a major problem

their was also i thread i made about wills and shit....hardly anyone wanted to leave someone anything...

so it comes down to ...why are you even working?
is it just to survive?

Is the nigga worth leaving it to wow? interesting point breh.

That housing part is realest as it comes, see it all the time smh.

Should the parents make the kids work for the business in order to get something from the business?

kids and women like cupcakes tho.

and heres the problem.......heres one of those things people say black people dont do.

business is business.

seemslike the only places people want start is either chicken, laundry or bodega.

i am with you as the part i dont understand as well.

i always get into arguments with dudes saying they full of shit...

niggas not scared of anything and want to sell drugs and have shoot outs but then turn around and say starting a business and running it is hard work.

what the hell ya think ya doing pookie?

but your example goes back to being entitled.

i know a guy who has two degrees and doesnt want to start a business but rather wants to drive around and pick up the checks....but he never started the business to be able to pick up the checks. but he wants to be the boss.

Add selling tires to the list and tinting shops.

Nothing wrong with these ventures but dayum, Pookie can't open up a cupcake shop?

Yea, I agree with your post.

Im saying tho if my dad job was killing pigs and cutting up pork but i dont want to do that means i shouldnt get nothing? You just doing your business just to give it to your kids or did you actually like the job?

Back