Welcome To aBlackWeb

Wealth Gap, Family Business, Is the Child Responsible 2 Continue The Business

i find it crazy that we can give a million reasons why we shouldnt do this or that or how something would or could still fail.....

that energy sets the tone for many other things.

but as long as everyone is cool with their decisions.....ehh

i can walk outside and get hit by a car......so i shouldnt be forced to go outside

this is another thread that goes into my archives.

Black people that don't can't fathom the pride and value of passing down a family business? They actually would rather work for someone else's family business? Smh.

So you ok with everybody doing the same until that thing becomes obsolete? What if industry takes a hit and income dips are they supposed to stay?

I mean you can say that about any business.

You take hits in anything. You could get let go, ect.

I'd rather take a hit with something I own.

i find it crazy that we can give a million reasons why we shouldnt do this or that or how something would or could still fail.....

that energy sets the tone for many other things.

but as long as everyone is cool with their decisions.....ehh

i can walk outside and get hit by a car......so i shouldnt be forced to go outside

this is another thread that goes into my archives.

All im saying is not everybody wants to run family business? Does not mean they dont want to start a business why we cant try and live our dream? Its like yall just saying do family business be cause thats the best choice. Me not wanting to farm or cook does not mean i cant support the family or have pride

It all falls on the parents. The school system does not teach financial literacy. Most poor or barely middle class black familes do not have the financial aptitude to teach their children about the benefits of saving, checking accts, or investing.

WE have to drive into our youth about financial empowerment and how to spend our money on things of substance. A lot of our blsck youth would rather drop $200+ on some J's instead of buying Nike stock. White kids will buy $40 Vams and keep it pushing all the while their parents have set up saving and investing accts for them.

We need to break that cycle glad to see a young rapper like 21 Savage doing what he's doing to teach financial literacy to young kids.

I hate seeing niggas use the bold as a debating point. I went to college at a school that was 84% white...they do all the same dumb ass spending other people do...they just have the cushion of their parents while others may not but the same dumb ass things get bought. So they got on $40 vans...those"cheap" looking jeans run in the $100s...purses/bags in the thousands...cars, trips etc. All sorts of dumb ass financial decisions. The main difference is white kids have the room to fuck up and still bounce back while many black folks don't have that same luxury.

do anything for 30 days an just becomes apart of who you are.

the parent needs to explain that....sometimes you must do what you dont like to be able to do what you like.

work hard play hard.
or like my dad always said....the bill always comes due

It's really not that simple...and plenty of people are unhappy as fuck with what they do whether it be working for someone else or owning their own business...and that shit bleeds into other areas of your life

I hate seeing niggas use the bold as a debating point. I went to college at a school that was 84% white...they do all the same dumb ass spending other people do...they just have the cushion of their parents while others may not but the same dumb ass things get bought. So they got on $40 vans...those"cheap" looking jeans run in the $100s...purses/bags in the thousands...cars, trips etc. All sorts of dumb ass financial decisions. The main difference is white kids have the room to fuck up and still bounce back while many black folks don't have that same luxury.

Facts nigga used to post Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg wearing regular looking clothes next to a nigga in True Religion and say "if niggas just wasnt worried about being fly and stacking bread they be billionaires too"

Knowing damn well gates and zuck clothes are exspnsive as shit

To me:

If a parent has setup something, created something that's going to take care of the son, grand-kids and maybe great-grand-kids and all you have to do is drive, inherit the business, and you don't want to, then to me, that's you destroying the whole blue-print, the whole reason why I'm doing what I am doing.

I'm not saying, what I am saying is right, and your thoughts are wrong, I'm saying that it doesn't sit well with me, I've already carved you out a road to take, and you start 10 miles back to carve out a new road. I'll be feeling some kind of way.

Feel a way because your child wants to make their own way and do something that fits their life and goals better? One of your duties as a parent is to make sure your child discovers what they're good at, but how to possibly turn that into something they can make a career out of. That doesn't mean it has to be doing what you did. Your child is their own person not your clone so they will have their own desires, goals, and dreams that have nothing to do with you

It's really not that simple...and plenty of people are unhappy as fuck with what they do whether it be working for someone else or owning their own business...and that shit bleeds into other areas of your life

Plenty ppl are unhappy owning their own business?? Something that they wanted to do? Or are they are unhappy that it has not hit the mark that they may have want the business to be at a certain point

2 different things

You are saying ppl are not happy owning their own business? Why are these ppl not happy?

Last edited:
Feel a way because your child wants to make their own way and do something that fits their life and goals better? One of your duties as a parent is to make sure your child discovers what they're good at, but how to possibly turn that into something they can make a career out of. That doesn't mean it has to be doing what you did. Your child is their own person not your clone so they will have their own desires, goals, and dreams that have nothing to do with you

All that sounds good on paper but we don' live on a paper or creed logic.

As I statd earlier, very few black males are in the top income bracket, most are under the proverty line or just above it

Letting my kid explore their goal instead of taking on the family business to earn and them owning something is me being just as a good parent as the one who is letting the child so call find his or her dream, which could amount to nothing, especially in this world where it is already hard for a black man to earn and own something.

Plenty ppl are unhappy owning their own business?? Something that they wanted to do? Or are they are unhappy that it has not hit the mark that they may have want the business to be at a certain point

2 different things

You are saying ppl are not happy owning their own business? Why are these ppl not happy?

If you saying all kids should work in family business wouldnt that make somebody unhappy

The bold states the case. White kids have a bounce back if they buy $100 pair of jeans. Black kids don't so knowing that why would WE still cop J's like it's going out of style

If you saying all kids should work in family business wouldnt that make somebody unhappy

I don't think that it would.

Let me ask you something and you don't have to tell me

Are you happy with what you are doing now?

If yes, amazing, more likely you would retire, because you are happy

Now, if your mama and daddy left you a 6 figure income business to maintain and run, coming out of HS or college

Would you today, turn it down and pursue what you are doing today??

All that sounds good on paper but we don' live on a paper or creed logic.

As I statd earlier, very few black males are in the top income bracket, most are under the proverty line or just above it

Letting my kid explore their goal instead of taking on the family business to earn and them owning something is me being just as a good parent as the one who is letting the child so call find his or her dream, which could amount to nothing, especially in this world where it is already hard for a black man to earn and own something.

But should we not want our kids to do more than what we did? Not saying they cant grow the business but nobody wants to be 70 saying they didnt try their own dream out

I don't think that it would.

Let me ask you something and you don't have to tell me

Are you happy with what you are doing now?

If yes, amazing, more likely you would retire, because you are happy

Now, if your mama and daddy left you a 6 figure income business to maintain and run, coming out of HS or college

Would you today, turn it down and pursue what you are doing today??

Not that happy with it. Call center stuff. If they left me a business to run and I liked it that would be cool as shit. If i didnt like it but it paid all bills id probably do it until im burned out and find something new.

But should we not want our kids to do more than what we did? Not saying they cant grow the business but nobody wants to be 70 saying they didnt try their own dream out

What dreams Breh?

Again, where are these dreams being full filled in society, if all these so call dreams came true, then we wouldn't have 36 percent of black ppl living below the poverty lines and another x living near it Lol.

What dreams are we speaking about that arw coming true??

Getting a BS and working at Home Depot or being teacher is a dream? Lol

Niggas have masters but ain't mastering nothing, working a 9-5, clearing 40-50k if that, what are these dreams yall talking about thats happening out here??

Being a mail carrier or working in a plant doing 12's are these dreams we talking about? What dreams?

I'd love to own my own business so im not taking a side here

But some ppl may realize its simply too stressful, keeps them away from quality family time, and in turn can decrease quality of relationships.

Especially if the business is struggling.

I dont think there is a one situation fits all here it really comes down to individuals but does start with instilled values.

Not that happy with it. Call center stuff. If they left me a business to run and I liked it that would be cool as shit. If i didnt like it but it paid all bills id probably do it until im burned out and find something new.

But would it be better than working for the man at the call center.

Would being your own boss and writing off stuff when tax time comes be more better?? And having all those other perks that come with owning your own?

I' just be saying Lol.

But would it be better than working for the man at the call center.

Would being your own boss and writing off stuff when tax time comes be more better?? And having all those other perks that come with owning your own?

I' just be saying Lol.

Of course it would be better. Would be better if i was a historian working for black people too. But many things could be better.

Back