Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tipping At A Restaurant

that.

i got alotta "industry" friends, and they take care for sure. its almost like one of those things where they keep the money in the community. they hit the popular spot after their shifts and everybody is in there treating everybody. if they had a good shift...the next dude is about to have a good shift.

i mean idk how some of the smaller and maybe less touristy/popular spots work, but i can tell you that the industry people i know ARENT hurtin for money...

What's funny is that Las Vegas is a HUGE destination for Chinese and other SE Asian's but tipping isn't a part of the culture in that region of the world. As such, they have a bad rep with workers out here who expect tips. The issue isn't that they don't have money or are cheapskates, it's that back home tipping is often seen as insulting or as a bribe of some sort. They expect that you're being paid properly by the owners of the establishment and tipping says that you feel sorry for them in some way, as if they're poor or some shit or you're looking for "the hook up" the next time you fall through.

Europeans ain't too much better either; they typically tip either $1 per person at the table or 5%. You're lucky if you see a tip at all from them if you're a bartender.

What's funny is that Las Vegas is a HUGE destination for Chinese and other SE Asian's but tipping isn't a part of the culture in that region of the world. As such, they have a bad rep with workers out here who expect tips. The issue isn't that they don't have money or are cheapskates, it's that back home tipping is often seen as insulting or as a bribe of some sort. They expect that you're being paid properly by the owners of the establishment and tipping says that you feel sorry for them in some way, as if they're poor or some shit or you're looking for "the hook up" the next time you fall through.

Europeans ain't too much better either; they typically tip either $1 per person at the table or 5%. You're lucky if you see a tip at all from them if you're a bartender.

nah, youre absolutely right about that. we have a huuuuuge asian tourist market and tipping?!...
lol the japanese tourists barely understand how our money even works. idk how many times ive been behind em in line when they get their totals for something. they stand there confused for a moment, then pull all their money out and dump it on the counter. the cashier ends up counting it out for em and tellin em to put the rest back in their pockets/purses.

Yeah when I went to Europe for the first time, my coworkers were looking at me like the fuck you doing? Im like yall dont tip over here? They do but not at the same ratw or frequency as us and its not expected as much, depending on where you go.

Shit round it up to the nearest euro and they be gucci.

Delivery is built into the cost of the food.
If it's a delivery fee, I won't... But if it's no fee, and I get my shit in a timely fashion... They getting it.

For example....we did a little WWE party for my son at a hotel, and when I got there I ordered two pizzas and some wings.... Driver came right up the door. I gave him like a $5 tip.

Like an hour later my brother in law ordered some more food, same driver... He gave homie a tip

An hour later my father in law ordered more food, same driver. This time there was like two extra pizzas and extra order of wings, and those brownie bites ... Like an extra $20 worth of food for two $5 tips...

The shit pans out.... Every time I go somewhere I been before I get great service, cuz I always tip well

A friend of mine (she a waitress) told me that unfortunately that we (black people) are less generous wit tips than our white counterparts (not including tha jews)
1 reason is white people have more money than us & they're terrified of being labeled a bad tipper. As soon as we walk in we're already being stereotyped as being a bad tipper, so thats already going to affect our service & unless we tip something crazy, even if we tip average its going to be seen as meh.

But it ain't the patrons that's nickel and diming these people, it's their employers. Restaurant owners could actually pay their wait staff a decent wage but they choose not to and justify it by saying "well, they get tips..." which is utter bullshit. Pay a fair wage and no one is dependent on tips just to hit minimum wage. That they get tipped shouldn't even be a consideration for their hourly wage anyways because, if anything, a server getting a lot in tips every night indicates that person giving exceptional service to the customers, which would mean repeat business and recommendations to check out the establishment, thus increasing the restaurant's bottom line.
They dont really push that as much anymore. Now its "our margins are so narrow, we make like nothing blah blah blah" They're also trying to promote you tipping the cleaning staff a hotels. Soon as that catches on i bet they cut their pay and say they make tips.

1 reason is white people have more money than us & they're terrified of being labeled a bad tipper. As soon as we walk in we're already being stereotyped as being a bad tipper, so thats already going to affect our service & unless we tip something crazy, even if we tip average its going to be seen as meh.

They dont really push that as much anymore. Now its "our margins are so narrow, we make like nothing blah blah blah" They're also trying to promote you tipping the cleaning staff a hotels. Soon as that catches on i bet they cut their pay and say they make tips.

Yeah, try explaining "narrow margins" when you pull up in that 2020 S-Class coupe that ain't even out until next year while your waitstaff is buying bus passes.

when i go out to a restaurant its specifically for the service and to be treated

i can have the same if not better food at home, for cheaper

but today I want somebody to bring it to me and take the plate when im done, and I get to get up and go home to a clean kitchen

and I have every intent to pay for that

mixing in politics and what the owners should do and the wage gaps and all that ol shit is just not part of that process lol

im going to enjoy myself and company

when I was doing bad and on some sour shit, I didnt eat out......i took my mad ass to somebody's drive thru for the dollar menu

food came to $3.27 and i dug around for exact change

i aint mad at what nobody does with their money or whats on their mind when they go out to eat, just different strokes and we obviously aint changing overnight lol

Ive heard ppl say in europe the service sucks because they dont expect a tip.

So u need to give them a heads up that u are a tipper if u want good service

Yeah, try explaining "narrow margins" when you pull up in that 2020 S-Class coupe that ain't even out until next year while your waitstaff is buying bus passes.

imaginary lol

Ive heard ppl say in europe the service sucks because they dont expect a tip.

So u need to give them a heads up that u are a tipper if u want good service

when I hit a bar or strip club i find the bartender or catch the waiter and order 2 drinks....when they come back I pay for those and slide them a 20 and give the international hand signal for "fuck wit me"

never had weak drinks or bad service those nights....and when u start to be any kind of regular anywhere they remember you and hook you up...free vip's, no covers, free shots here and there

it just makes a better experience across the board when everybody's getting what they came for and happy

im not positive but it seems like the middle aged group lol

they done paid their dues and they're grumpy about it

Maybe you didn't read the part about all of us not having an issue with tipping for good service.

Dunno... maybe you missed it... yeah, that has to be the case.

when I hit a bar or strip club i find the bartender or catch the waiter and order 2 drinks....when they come back I pay for those and slide them a 20 and give the international hand signal for "fuck wit me"

never had weak drinks or bad service those nights....and when u start to be any kind of regular anywhere they remember you and hook you up...free vip's, no covers, free shots here and there

it just makes a better experience across the board when everybody's getting what they came for and happy

This is hustling backwards 101.

You're giving extra to get good service, not giving extra because you got good service. That ain't a tip, that's a bribe. That's paying for "the hookup".

I used to bar back and bust tables when I was like 19-22

The bars would pay me under the table and the bartenders would hook me up too....

That shit goes so far..I ain't make that much at first, so I would just be slinging shit.... Then one night we was real busy at this one bar, an I was busting my ass, normally at the end of the shift the bartenders give us like 20-30 bucks.... But that one night it was like 100

They were busy, I kept their area clean, they got some nice tips, so they spread the love...

It's a trickle effect.

The best bartenders typically had the best customers, who always tipped the best. They also always had the cleanest bars, best stock, fresh ice, cleanest floors, if they customers orderd food they always got it on time. Like every thing was better off of them tips....

People just don't see how far it goes if they not there

Reactions: 1/2
Back