Welcome To aBlackWeb

Tipping At A Restaurant

They should probably just standardize a service charge in the restaurant industry. That said, I prefer leaving it as tips because it gives you the freedom of not giving anything to someone who provided you shitty service.

Restaurants should pay their staff a decent wage and those wages would be reflected in the cost to dine there.

Having to rely on tipping to take home decent pay is wack. You could be a great server and do a great job but still get no tip cuz someone just aint feel like it.

Tipping is a way for owners to get around paying half their staff & servers dont want tipping to stop because they generally make a lot of money for not that difficult of a job. One study I saw ( i cant find it now) said servers generally make like 2.5 times more than back of the house staff. So any time the subject of tipping comes up, you have owners online lying saying they'd go out of business if they had to pay staff, because they make like no money (even tho other countries have restaurants, pay their staff and somehow stay open), then you have servers trying to shame you if you dont tip a high percentage( they constantly try and up it every year).

What I always find funny is the threads about tipping on reddit. All the servers flood it going on and on about how much their check is (conveniently leaving out the amount of tips they make) and how difficult of a job it is. But when people challenge them on said difficultly, they never have much to say, other than they have to stand a long time.

Whats interesting is the last time server pay was raised, was like 30 years ago. When they announced that they're planning on raising it, the restaurant industry used the same scare tactics they use today and other industries use for min wage. Talking about if its raised they'd have to fire people and go out of business, ect. They raised it anyway, to what it is now, then magically nothing happened after that.

They should probably just standardize a service charge in the restaurant industry. That said, I prefer leaving it as tips because it gives you the freedom of not giving anything to someone who provided you shitty service.
Fuck a service charge. That should already be factored into the price of the meal.

making the employees rely on tips is trash but i dont see anything wrong with the gesture of tipping at all

i've never had service that was sooo terrible and all the waiters fault....when you're waiting 30 mins thats the kitchen, not them

anyway there are a few restaurants that have figured out different ways to do it but I think a standard will fall into place at some point

everything has to evolve

How much do y'all tip doordash and grubhub drivers?

I've found tipping them prior to delivery doesn't guarantee any kind of good service.

So now I don't tip them anything.

I'm already paying a delivery fee and a service charge.

If anything there should be an option to tip after the fact like Lyft. No incentive to tip and they don't have to do anything to earn it as the system is.

I've tipped and then watched mfs move hella slow w my shit. Or leave the shit at my door no knock. One mf left it in the lobby on the floor talking about the buzz don't work. I think that was the last time I tipped.

Unless it's the restaurant's that use their own delivery drivers I'm not tipping.

Mad restaurants and clubs include an auto gratuity percentage on your bill and you tipping regardless of whether you want to or not.

I tip according to the level of service I receive. It ain't that big of a deal or deep to me.

I've found tipping them prior to delivery doesn't guarantee any kind of good service.

So now I don't tip them anything.

I'm already paying a delivery fee and a service charge.

If anything there should be an option to tip after the fact like Lyft. No incentive to tip and they don't have to do anything to earn it as the system is.

I've tipped and then watched mfs move hella slow w my shit. Or leave the shit at my door no knock. One mf left it in the lobby on the floor talking about the buzz don't work. I think that was the last time I tipped.

Unless it's the restaurant's that use their own delivery drivers I'm not tipping.

Lmao you brave

Can they see whether you tipped or not prior to delivery?

If so I would think not tipping almost guarantees worse service

Lmao you brave

Can they see whether you tipped or not prior to delivery?

I think so. But I don't know for sure. It's first come first serve so don't choose my shit if you got a problem.

I'm not throwing my money into a crapshoot tho. Tipping doesn't guarantee me anything so it's just throwing money away most times.

More trips = more money for the driver.

Either way I kinda cut off food delivery the last couple months and been cooking a lot more.

Back