Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Price of Platonic Friendships

i think hes saying as a community the women need to be protected.

a 19 yr old woman should not be homeless. i know its many things that can cause this...but she should have places to go.

women need places to go to escape abuse. where can they go and feel safe without feeling like they need to put out.
A 40 year old man shouldn't be homeless either but shit happens. How many times do any of us walk pass the homeless and not care. If you're not doing anything then you can't be the person calling out someone else.

Yall man Tariq Nasheed on twitter talking about "It wasnt a foundational Black American man who killed her" so it's not "our" concern. That's that bullshit niggas endorse

This is dumb man. Like a young woman just got murdered. Why not just stfu about certain things. Like i aint even shitting on dude. this goes for all of us and can apply to anything.

There are certain convos we might not want to have. Sometimes if you dont got anything constructive to say, its cool to stfu just to not pollute the waters.

A 40 year old man shouldn't be homeless either but shit happens. How many times do any of us walk pass the homeless and not care. If you're not doing anything then you can't be the person calling out someone else.
Which is also a question.
Whos doing what or who has ideas to do or that someone could support.

But I think it starts with making ladies feel comfortable and able to speak about their concerns without being judged.

Dialog is always good.

i think hes saying as a community the women need to be protected.

a 19 yr old woman should not be homeless. i know its many things that can cause this...but she should have places to go.

women need places to go to escape abuse. where can they go and feel safe without feeling like they need to put out.
Agreed, a lot of things shouldn't be the way that they are but such is life. Yall gotta get out yall heads that every person on the planet will move like you.

And I say that to say y'all ain't inherently wrong but this why certain ppl have certain roles

Everybody ain't meant to be a social worker b

Agreed, a lot of things shouldn't be the way that they are but such is life. Yall gotta get out yall heads that every person on the planet will move like you.

And I say that to say y'all ain't inherently wrong but this why certain ppl have certain roles

True but in my personal opinion....Not enough people are even willing to care.

Everyone can care an bring a skillet to help to community.

But need to be able to offer help just like people need to be able to know what help looks like.

More selflessness and less selfishness.

True but in my personal opinion....Not enough people are even willing to care.

Everyone can care an bring a skillet to help to community.

But need to be able to offer help just like people need to be able to know what help looks like.

More selflessness and less selfishness.
In a perfect world

But even then, that wouldn't be perfect for all

Y'all have no hope.
Where is the will to even try?

Anyway......Yes ....Protecting our women should be a top priority

this is what is now called simping.

offering a lady any kinda help without wanting something in return......people think the guy is weak and being taken advantage of.

so no one wants to be that guy.

To be fair, ironically, it's actually a lot of women who see this as weakness too.

Not condoning their actions, but it might explain why some dudes have the mentality that they do.

Basically, they can't tell the difference between women who are trying to play them...........and women who genuinely need their help.

They just lump them all in the same category.

To be fair, ironically, it's actually a lot of women who see this as weakness too.

Not condoning their actions, but it might explain why some dudes have the mentality that they do.

Basically, they can't tell the difference between women who are trying to play them...........and women who genuinely need their help.

They just lump them all in the same category.
and thats why i said it was cyclical.
you are absolutely correct.

We not saying everybody gotta do that but don’t be all sad about state of the community if nobody playing any role but bystander. Higher standard

"A foundational black american man?"

He actually said that???

WTF does that even mean?

He be using that to say the African Americans who came from slavery in the US. It’s completely stupid to have that divide. If an African American man attacks a Haitian woman they still black

Reactions: GNS
I agree with this thread and say it all the time but it’s labeled divisive lol but fully agree. We as a collective gotta start acting like a collective. We always say this group or that group gets things done because they move as a collective. And we can and have done that. But when we push our wild shit to the back it’s comes out in ways we can’t control. So instead of folks saying that ducked up here is how we stop it. Folks go at each other and it’s silly

I been pointing the shit out for a minute.

We clearly different. But I think people so pressed on us being the same it pushes false narratives and forces ingenuous bonds....

It's all about respecting culture.

Which means acknowledging and giving credit for.

But a lot of Africans don't see themselves in us. And a lot of Americans force their inclusion. The shit is a mess.

But none of that have anything to do with my point. In college we're all figuring that shit out. @ age 19 the divide is still being worked thru.... That's why she's advocating for black rights, and why I feel more people in the black community should have been close enough to shorty to provide her adequate shelter. We need to do better at taking care of our community.

I been pointing the shit out for a minute.

We clearly different. But I think people so pressed on us being the same it pushes false narratives and forces ingenuous bonds....

It's all about respecting culture.

Which means acknowledging and giving credit for.

But a lot of Africans don't see themselves in us. And a lot of Americans force their inclusion. The shit is a mess.

But none of that have anything to do with my point. In college we're all figuring that shit out. @ age 19 the divide is still being worked thru.... That's why she's advocating for black rights, and why I feel more people in the black community should have been close enough to shorty to provide her adequate shelter. We need to do better at taking care of our community.

Crazy thing is black women in the west and in Africa have to deal with this human trafficking and sex crimes like all women. Trying to separate between the two right now is pointless

Back