Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY The Price of Platonic Friendships

I think it’s just a basic lack of fucking humanity MFs be having.

This, “Well, what do I get outta it?” mentality has got to stop
this is a cyclical problem.. and definitely needs to stop.

everybody becoming more selfish

Unfortunately the protector instinct is being bred out of a lotta dudes these days and it's sad.

I'm a protector of not just the women in my family, I keep an eye out for my sistas in general and I would hope a brother would do the same for mine. In addition to looking out for each other, we have to support our women defending themselves when we aren't around.

I take my daughters to the range with me. This past Saturday while out there, I hollered at a sister in our club who sponsors ladies range night. I donated some ammo to the cause so that's one less things they have to purchase.

We gotta protect our women at all costs.

Unfortunately the protector instinct is being bred out of a lotta dudes these days and it's sad.

I'm a protector of not just the women in my family, I keep an eye out for my sistas in general and I would hope a brother would do the same for mine. In addition to looking out for each other, we have to support our women defending themselves when we aren't around.

I take my daughters to the range with me. This past Saturday while out there, I hollered at a sister in our club who sponsors ladies range night. I donated some ammo to the cause so that's one less things they have to purchase.

im the same way......
usually im the only dude which is another story.....but i take it on myself to protect all the women this with me.

a few times i was with wifeys freinds and i look out for them off GP

Yeah, I'm not with the 'its black men fault' or its 'yall niggas fault' in that specific situation tho I believe it's a conversation that needs to be had in our community

Once again, WE ARE NOT MONOLITHIC

Her death is not on my hands, tho I mourn for her profoundly

I remember when I was in school all of of the females me and my friends hung around with knew to always call one of us if they were going to be walking home from leaving the library or computer lab late at night. We took legit pride in the fact that they felt safe around us and knew they could call on us for protection. That's some shit I thought was normal that men took pride in
but as I got further into adulthood I realized far too many men take more pride in their ability to manipulate a woman as opposed to making her feel safe around you. And that's a problem we need to correct in our own in how we are teaching our sons to interact with women.

Yeah, I'm not with the 'its black men fault' or its 'yall niggas fault' in that specific situation tho I believe it's a conversation that needs to be had in our community

true....we have quite a few conversations that need to be had.

shit is real bad out there.

this is another one of those we all have a part to play type thing.

be we first must admit its a problem and then figure out how it got this way and then look for solutions.

I remember when I was in school all of of the females me and my friends hung around with knew to always call one of us if they were going to be walking home from leaving the library or computer lab late at night. We took legit pride in the fact that they felt safe around us and knew they could call on us for protection. That's some shit I thought was normal that men took pride in
but as I got further into adulthood I realized far too many men take more pride in their ability to manipulate a woman as opposed to making her feel safe around you. And that's a problem we need to correct in our own in how we are teaching our sons to interact with women.
i see this two ways tho.......
who is teaching the son and whos not around they sons.

we need more dudes taking part in the lives of kids with no positive male around.

imo its too many.....passing their negative experiences onto their sons and daughters.

For years I've said niggas who can't see woman as anything more than something to fuck got issues and niggas called me all sorts of gay, lesbian, soft etc when in reality they, and some of you niggas on ABW is the "they" i'm talking about cuz ya'll called me these things on the IC whenever the topic came up, were admitting they didn't even see woman as full human beings. Shit is disturbing as fuck
I've been consistent in this topic

It's a mentality that we can actively fight against by speaking on it...

Get niggaz out this pig headed shit that everything gotta end with a fuck...

I mean it comes for many with maturity... So we're mature enough to notice the issues and the potential and actual danger in it.... Then we be come obligated to be vocal against that mind set...

And in that it becomes our responsibility

I've been consistent in this topic

It's a mentality that we can actively fight against by speaking on it...

Get niggaz out this pig headed shit that everything gotta end with a fuck...

I mean it comes for many with maturity... So we're mature enough to notice the issues and the potential and actual danger in it.... Then we be come obligated to be vocal against that mind set...

And in that it becomes our responsibility
reverend duuuuuuuuu

we having chuuuuuch in here

weeeeeeeeeeellllllll

Our women need to be better protected.

They need to know they have people and places they can go to to be safe and the price is admission isn't sex.

Shits crazy.

Friend zones, platonic friends, love you like a brother.... If you are close to a woman who considers you a friend.... Be a friend. Just be a fucking friend. A friend could have saved her life.... But the dude molested her... I'm kinda irritated about this one...
Maybe I'm missing something but you seem to be blaming friends and family for what happened to the woman. The black community didn't do that to her just one sick fuck and that's who the blame needs to be placed on

Maybe I'm missing something but you seem to be blaming friends and family for what happened to the woman. The black community didn't do that to her just one sick fuck and that's who the blame needs to be placed on
i think hes saying as a community the women need to be protected.

a 19 yr old woman should not be homeless. i know its many things that can cause this...but she should have places to go.

women need places to go to escape abuse. where can they go and feel safe without feeling like they need to put out.

Bruh, this is a dope ass thread. Props first off all.

You asking this about some real life shit but we we can start on this forum. We got dudes that cant even have a convo with women in a serious thread without letting it be know they got a dick and she got a pussy.

Shit bothers me and im a dude, so i know women get bothered.

It shouldnt be too hard. Men and women flirt, but its a time and a place. Learn to read the room. Personally, I love to get a womans perspective on some of the shit we discuss here. Its always a breath of fresh air. We gotta work on letting the women we have on here give their thoughts and opinions on real shit without throwing hints that we got dick for her every other post.

Back