Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED The Official 2024 Presidential Election Thread

test
Claiming she was viewed as a “rock star” back then is crazy revisionist history

No it's not. She didn't come out of nowhere. She was one of only 4 Black Senators at the time and the AG for the biggest state in the country in the second largest court jurisdiction.

She was very well knows. This doesn't even get to the fact that she dated Montell Williams who was very well known himself for many years.

Kamala Harris didn't come out of nowhere and I wish niggas would stop buying into the narrative that she did. She's been in politics for 20 years. That's longer than Trump and JD Vance combined. If anything, they came out of nowhere. She has more experience than both of her opponents.

She absolutely had a rockstar political profile. Not acknowledging that just means that you weren't paying attention.

I remember her being spotlighted in a lot of congress hearings at the time and applauded for her efforts.

That's because she had a high profile. She was one of a handful of female Senators and an even smaller number a Black Senators. Some would say that she had a "rock star" political profile even..............

I remember her being spotlighted in a lot of congress hearings at the time and applauded for her efforts.
LOL, u are both right. She had some hype going into the primary. For multiple reasons, she and Elizabeth Warren left that primary with their hype pretty much all gone. Also did not help that she became an easy scapegoat early in the Biden administration.

So i can see how @Rubato can be skeptical of all of this. If u told me last year she became this overnight "Rock star", i would have called u a liar.

No it's not. She didn't come out of nowhere. She was one of only 4 Black Senators at the time and the AG for the biggest state in the country in the second largest court jurisdiction.

She was very well knows. This doesn't even get to the fact that she dated Montell Williams who was very well known himself for many years.

Kamala Harris didn't come out of nowhere and I wish niggas would stop buying into the narrative that she did. She's been in politics for 20 years. That's longer than Trump and JD Vance combined. If anything, they came out of nowhere. She has more experience than both of her opponents.

She absolutely had a rockstar political profile. Not acknowledging that just means that you weren't paying attention.

The dialogue around her was always hey she does things well BUT

Then they would list the negatives as far as her history in CA, the turmoil within her office, and other miscellaneous personality knocks. That was why she failed to separate from the pack.

4 years as VP and urgency to beat Trump seems to have washed that slate clean

The fact that this is being argued is textbook gaslighting

We not gonna act like the establishment didnt dim the lights of everyone during that primary..

They pushed it along ..even Biden was gonna be a fav by association anyway

Everyone laid down....

Whenever the establishment taps someone as a Rockstar it never gives me a sense of progression especially if didn't kick down the doors...s

We not gonna act like the establishment didnt dim the lights of everyone during that primary..

They pushed it along ..even Biden was gonna be a fav by association anyway

Everyone laid down....

Whenever the establishment taps someone as a Rockstar it never gives me a sense of progression especially if didn't kick down the doors...s
She never separated from any of the non-Biden alternatives in anyone’s eyes though, that much is clear

LOL, u are both right. She had some hype going into the primary. For multiple reasons, she and Elizabeth Warren left that primary with their hype pretty much all gone. Also did not help that she became an easy scapegoat early in the Biden administration.

So i can see how @Rubato can be skeptical of all of this. If u told me last year she became this overnight "Rock star", i would have called u a liar.

How can her hype be gone when she ended up on the ticket and the eventual VP?

That doesn't sound backwards to you?

Like, I get that some of y'all are trying to downplay her accomplishments or whatever but everything about her political profile has gotten better with each step.

How can her hype be gone when she ended up on the ticket and the eventual VP?

That doesn't sound backwards to you?

Like, I get that some of y'all are trying to downplay her accomplishments or whatever but everything about her political profile has gotten better with each step.
lol, it’s VP. The average voter had never heard of Tim Walz until yesterday.

So then why was she selected as the VP?
Ooh good one. Biden picked her specifically to set up the dynamic we saw, where party leaders waited until he was damn near sleepwalking to push him out because the counter argument “well then we have to run Kamala…or face the PR nightmare of skipping over her…”

You can find those exact same takes in this thread following the debate

She was selected to allow Biden alone to be the one to choose whether he ran again, kept the outside chatter down. And the plan was going swimmingly until that disastrous debate.

lol, it’s VP. The average voter had never heard of Tim Walz until yesterday.

This has nothing to do with her hype though. Kamala actually won that first debate too.

Also, The Biden/Harris ticket received more votes than any ticket in history. Are you only giving credit to Joe Biden for that? Why is it hard to admit that she was very popular an had a very high profile politically?

Ooh good one. Biden picked her specifically to set up the dynamic we saw, where party leaders waited until he was damn near sleepwalking to push him out because the counter argument “well then we have to run Kamala…or face the PR nightmare of skipping over her…”

You can find those exact same takes in this thread following the debate

She was selected to allow Biden alone to be the one to choose whether he ran again, kept the outside chatter down. And the plan was going swimmingly until that disastrous debate.

But you're trying to downplay her as if other candidates who were not chosen are more popular or have a higher profile and you can't name names.

You're trying to be a revisionist to answer why she was selected instead of admitting that she is more popular and has a higher "rock star" profile than you want to acknowledge.

This has nothing to do with her hype though. Kamala actually won that first debate too.

Also, The Biden/Harris ticket received more votes than any ticket in history. Are you only giving credit to Joe Biden for that? Why is it hard to admit that she was very popular an had a very high profile politically?
LOL, i am more on u boys side than @Rubato . But some of the pro Kamala propaganda u boys are pushing is ridiculous. I can understand why he is pushing back.

Back