Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2024 Presidential Election Thread

It's amazing the difference in shit coming out about Walz vs JD Vance. It's clear the Trump administration either did little to no vetting on Vance or they really truly think his cult will follow whoever he endorses as good.

The only requirement that Trump had for his VP pick was that he needed to be a yes man and would go along with Trump's dictatorship aspirations.

:js4:My point exactly

I don’t want a Person who is convicted for financial fraud running the country
Good point. There should be more restrictions for running for president. As it is he could be in jail and be president. He should be disqualified by the 14th amendment but it shouldn't take that to have someone be disqualified

It's amazing you're a teacher. There's still places in this country with not only inconsistent good internet access but also some who simply don't have it on their own. As for the poorly educated...which areas do you think rank worst in education in this country and it's not by design. You're pushing for an idea that will disproportionately affect Black people negatively. And encouraging keeping those Black people even more underfunded and uneducated. Maybe stop spending so much time pushing shitty nicknames for politicians and actually look up the history of what you're suggesting.
And this where you lose me.

Simple civics fixes all of this.

Tell me:
What do these bullshit tests shown here that the Jim Crow south made up for voting competency have to do with American Civics?

IMG_1557.jpeg

IMG_1558.jpeg

Now, compare those to the specific questions I ASKED:

You don’t think it’s important that people are aware of the following of their government:

That we’re electing the 47th President of this country?

That the President is the head of the executive branch of government?

That the Vice President is the President of the Senate?

That there are 535 total members of Congress, with 435 members elected to the House of Representatives?

And that the first 10 Amendments are called the Bill of Rights?

How do you compare these relevant questions to those voter suppression tests?

No wonder why people around the world think we’re the most ignorant country on Earth: sentiments like yours are literally protesting making sure our citizens can be completely ignorant and uninformed about their own government.

And education doesn’t mean the Internet. We have textbooks, we have all sorts of methods. While I agree certain schools are underfunded, you’re making it seem like they’re being taught by fucking bears, and that simple education in those states is impossible to achieve.

Besides, the stats say otherwise for adult illiteracy rates.

IMG_1559.jpeg

You don’t give black people enough credit.

Maybe stop trying to undermine educators, and go fuckin BE one.

And this where you lose me.

Simple civics fixes all of this.

Tell me:
What do these bullshit tests shown here that the Jim Crow south made up for voting competency have to do with American Civics?

View attachment 1355191

View attachment 1355192

Now, compare those to the specific questions I ASKED:

You don’t think it’s important that people are aware of the following of their government:

That we’re electing the 47th President of this country?

That the President is the head of the executive branch of government?

That the Vice President is the President of the Senate?

That there are 535 total members of Congress, with 435 members elected to the House of Representatives?

And that the first 10 Amendments are called the Bill of Rights?

How do you compare these relevant questions to those voter suppression tests?

No wonder why people around the world think we’re the most ignorant country on Earth: sentiments like yours are literally protesting making sure our citizens can be completely ignorant and uninformed about their own government.

And education doesn’t mean the Internet. We have textbooks, we have all sorts of methods. While I agree certain schools are underfunded, you’re making it seem like they’re being taught by fucking bears, and that simple education in those states is impossible to achieve.

Besides, the stats say otherwise for adult illiteracy rates.

View attachment 1355202

You don’t give black people enough credit.

Maybe stop trying to undermine educators, and go fuckin BE one.

I'm not undermining educators. I'm saying you're logic on this and other ones show you're probably not a good one. That's specific to you. I'm also not taking credit away from Black people. I'm saying your idea to bring back a system that was already shown to negatively affect Black folks more than anyone else would most likely still affect Black folks the most. Especially when you're using the criteria you are.

I'm not undermining educators. I'm saying you're logic on this and other ones show you're probably not a good one. That's specific to you. I'm also not taking credit away from Black people. I'm saying your idea to bring back a system that was already shown to negatively affect Black folks more than anyone else would most likely still affect Black folks the most. Especially when you're using the criteria you are.
Also knowledge isnt intelligience and these test have no correlation on anything that matters in voting a broading of understanding is great for trivia though 🤷🏾‍♂️

1) You don't know what I am as an educator. Talk to the students I've taught and their parents, then come back. I wouldn't have earned a new title and basically supervisor of the Special Ed dept of my school if I sucked as a teacher, so FOH with that horseshit.

2) I said the old system was DELIBERATELY rigged towards minorities and poorly educated. THIS test, which can have a final approval by an independent voting council, can ensure its clarity and relevance to the population.

3) If the questions are given out TWO MONTHS to a YEAR in advance, you telling me that people can't educate themselves on simple facts about the US government?

On second thought, maybe you shouldn't teach.

Also knowledge isnt intelligience and these test have no correlation on anything that matters in voting a broading of understanding is great for trivia though 🤷🏾‍♂️
So, the people shouldn't know what the VP does in case there's a tie in the Senate, or who provides over the Senate?

They shouldn't know what their real rights are as outlined by the Constitution?

They shouldn't know how many members make up the Congress that creates the laws here? Or that the checks and balances system means that the POTUS doesn't have total power by ONLY being the head of the executive branch?

The people don't need to know these things? Tell me why. Because they also votes for their rep, and they shouldn't know what district that rep in either?

I'm genuinely asking....

So, the people shouldn't know what the VP does in case there's a tie in the Senate, or who provides over the Senate?

They shouldn't know what their real rights are as outlined by the Constitution?

They shouldn't know how many members make up the Congress that creates the laws here? Or that the checks and balances system means that the POTUS doesn't have total power by ONLY being the head of the executive branch?

The people don't need to know these things? Tell me why. Because they also votes for their rep, and they shouldn't know what district that rep in either?

I'm genuinely asking....
Maybe genuine but surely this is obtuse In a perfect world people would be able to answer all these questions. For whatever purpose knowing this accomplishes

But here we are we are in a world where people vote based who they believe are closet to their ideal based on what they say .. and what they have done .. an imperfect but a reality based excercise

Back