Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED The Official 2024 Presidential Election Thread

test
As I was saying previously:

There really should be an competency exam that everyone must take before they can vote. This shit is ludicrous how much ignorance is being allowed to have a say in this country. Simple questions too:

1) This election will determine the ____ President of the United States.

2) The President is the head of the _____ branch of government.

3) There are ___ total members of Congress, and 100 of them make up the Senate.

4) The Vice President is also President of _____.

5) The first 10 Amendments of the Constitution make up the ______.

80% passing should be the requirement to vote based on these questions. These are facts kids learn in 6th Grade, and EVERY voting American should be required to know this in order to understand who/what they’re voting for.

Uhh you do recall so-called "literacy tests" where they were overwhelmingly used to stop or prevent black people from voting right?

As I was saying previously:

There really should be an competency exam that everyone must take before they can vote. This shit is ludicrous how much ignorance is being allowed to have a say in this country. Simple questions too:

1) This election will determine the ____ President of the United States.

2) The President is the head of the _____ branch of government.

3) There are ___ total members of Congress, and 100 of them make up the Senate.

4) The Vice President is also President of _____.

5) The first 10 Amendments of the Constitution make up the ______.

80% passing should be the requirement to vote based on these questions. These are facts kids learn in 6th Grade, and EVERY voting American should be required to know this in order to understand who/what they’re voting for.

They tried something like this in the past...it was used to keep Black people from voting. Good luck getting Black people to agree to that

It wouldn't completely alleviate the dumb shit, but there is definitely a reason why they no longer make civics a mandatory class...

Oh there's definitely a concerted effort to keep people misinformed. It's crazy I remember learning in school how other countries would brainwash their citizens using propaganda. Then growing up and seeing that the US does all the same shit through all sorts of mediums.

I don’t know much about Walz other than him appearing as a surrogate for Kamala in different forums. I heard his interview on Pod Save America and didn’t leave with any reservations. He seems pretty capable and spoke well so he’ll do well against JD.

I think he has been credited with coining the term weird for Trump/Vance. In the interview he mentioned a few things Trump does or doesn’t do that is weird.

I just want somebody that gives a damn about the everyday man

So many of these politicians are so far removed from (assuming they were ever part) the everyday struggle

Shit has been real for quite some time now. We need to get the effects of a younger/progressive presidency in ways like we haven't before. The rich and corporations have been getting fat for decades, they will be ok for 8 years of the common man finally seeing the effects of their paycheck making the impact they always hoped.

Back