Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2024 Presidential Election Thread

That's why I opened by saying he deserves criticism. But most ppl find fault only on one side, blind to others and always along their political bias.

Oh nah I can say he correct in that it needed a deeper look into it's origins. But I can also understand folks dismissing him because he didn't base it in facts but racism instead. I do find it interesting those who find fault in those who criticized people who didn't listen because of that reason though. As if racist rhetoric is just easy to toss aside.

Oh nah I can say he correct in that it needed a deeper look into it's origins. But I can also understand folks dismissing him because he didn't base it in facts but racism instead. I do find it interesting those who find fault in those who criticized people who didn't listen because of that reason though. As if racist rhetoric is just easy to toss aside.
The president isn't the expert. His role was the messaging and rhetoric.

Apolitical, non racist experts were some of the ones claiming lab origin.

Focusing on Trump and not scientists was the laughable part of those same ppl touting "follow the science!" They weren't.

That's why I opened by saying he deserves criticism. But most ppl find fault only on one side, blind to others and always along their political bias.
We all collectively played a part in that failure to respond. I live in Arizona, a red state with the 10th highest number of COVID deaths. I wanna swing on someone every time I see them walk out the bathroom without washing their hands. They been doing that long before COVID, and the lack of leadership around them made the situation worse. The rest of the country didn't fair that much better. We politicized wearing masks and vaccines, we rioted at the worst possible times over shit we been protesting about for decades, and we almost wiped ourselves out by digesting hours of misinformation about something our gov't knew about months before they decided to do anything about it. There's a long list of ppl directly to blame for this. but Trump is in the top 5 for sure.

Focusing on Trump and not scientists was the laughable part of those same ppl touting "follow the science!" They weren't.
Let me just add this is much of my disdain for politics

It focuses on incompetent people and bullshit rather than the truth.

Yes trump is a shit head, why can't we still investigate?

Doesn't mean it's not entertaining tho

This is somewhat true. Trump was the loudest and that's what most people will hear. So if the loudest messenger for a good message is delivering it in a fucked up and racist manner then it will make a good number tune them out. That's why you saw even scientists trying to push back and tell him to shut the fuck up but he wouldn't. His ego wouldn't let him and that costs people's lives.

Let me just add this is much of my disdain for politics

It focuses on incompetent people and bullshit rather than the truth.

Yes trump is a shit head, why can't we still investigate?

Doesn't mean it's not entertaining tho

Because when you're the target of said shithead or potential target then admitting it may be true opens you up to other racism. It's not just something most people can ignore.

Because when you're the target of said shithead or potential target then admitting it may be true opens you up to other racism. It's not just something most people can ignore.
You're speaking of a conditioning of the people.

Done by politicians and media.

The journalists could've tried harder to actually do their jobs.

And this doesn't just apply to covid.

Have some views that are liberal and some that are pretrump conservative so yea
Same here. If the Republicans had stayed on course with expanding their reach in 2012 and didn’t have crazy Project 2025-esque proposals, I might have voted Republican by now.

I’d consider myself a social liberal and fiscal conservative. I think you can take care of people without a lot of the over spending and special interest handouts.

You're speaking of a conditioning of the people.

Done by politicians and media.

The journalists could've tried harder to actually do their jobs.

And this doesn't just apply to covid.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Rather giving context as to why some were reluctant to wanna deep dive into that theory at first. Certain rhetoric ain't as easy to just dismiss or overlook.

As for the media they're Trump lap dogs. It was clear before but this election cycle has shown they clearly want him back in office for the ratings. It's clear in the shit they flat out refuse to criticize him for and that's both liberal and conservative media. Crazy that during the first bit of Biden's presidency one complaint was that he was "too boring" because he wasn't tweeting and making wild ass statements on the daily.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Rather giving context as to why some were reluctant to wanna deep dive into that theory at first. Certain rhetoric ain't as easy to just dismiss or overlook.

As for the media they're Trump lap dogs. It was clear before but this election cycle has shown they clearly want him back in office for the ratings. It's clear in the shit they flat out refuse to criticize him for and that's both liberal and conservative media. Crazy that during the first bit of Biden's presidency one complaint was that he was "too boring" because he wasn't tweeting and making wild ass statements on the daily.
Idk about Trump's lap dogs. They went too harsh on Biden over the Afghanistan withdrawal and maybe something else im forgetting but besides that he's been coddled. That came to a full stop, complete 180 on debate night, in unison, and never looked back.

But goes farther to the point that the media doesn't exist to give us truth. It's just there for ratings. But on the flip that's a reflection of what we give our attn to, let me not forget to mention the folks that pay the networks bills.

Hold on a minute my political pessism calling

Same here. If the Republicans had stayed on course with expanding their reach in 2012 and didn’t have crazy Project 2025-esque proposals, I might have voted Republican by now.

I’d consider myself a social liberal and fiscal conservative. I think you can take care of people without a lot of the over spending and special interest handouts.
Part of me thinks the repub party is dead because maga took over. Plus all of those cowards that kissed the ring and joined the cult

I'm curious what the never trump repub voters will do in the polls to all of them. I'd like to think they get voted out but I doubt it though

Yall do know that the only thing really different about the republican party is that the very thin veneer was ripped off, the volume is louder the rhetoric is bold and they extreme dont feel the need to layer their policy in terms that people can play coy with

Typically Democratic Party Minstrel Show that happens every 4 years after telling us the Republicans are gonna put us back in slavery.

When will it end?

Never.

Idk about Trump's lap dogs. They went too harsh on Biden over the Afghanistan withdrawal and maybe something else im forgetting but besides that he's been coddled. That came to a full stop, complete 180 on debate night, in unison, and never looked back.

But goes farther to the point that the media doesn't exist to give us truth. It's just there for ratings. But on the flip that's a reflection of what we give our attn to, let me not forget to mention the folks that pay the networks bills.

Hold on a minute my political pessism calling

They're blatantly laughing at and making jokes about the shit he's saying that's clearly concerning policy wise. Allowing shit to be said unchallenged that's flat out lies. The same media that once said Putin is more presidential than Obama because Obama wore a bike helmet and made a fuss over a tan suit all of a sudden thinks it's funny a candidate is making promises that his base won't have to vote anymore cuz the elections will be "fixed". They're his lap dogs

They're blatantly laughing at and making jokes about the shit he's saying that's clearly concerning policy wise. Allowing shit to be said unchallenged that's flat out lies. The same media that once said Putin is more presidential than Obama because Obama wore a bike helmet and made a fuss over a tan suit all of a sudden thinks it's funny a candidate is making promises that his base won't have to vote anymore cuz the elections will be "fixed". They're his lap dogs

That's because politics in America is fundamentally unserious and is covered like a sporting event because no one actually wants to be political.

Americans never were political. We were supposed to be a country of independent small business owners, with minimal government intervention, ruled by righteous land owners. That legacy remains with us.

We don't like politics, we like economics, not even political economy but simple supply and demand shit.

Most of what we call politics in America are just moral judgements.

"They are bad because they want to kill babies."

"They are bad because they want to keep the migrants out."

Then we watch the polls and hope our side wins.

It's not serious shit.

Last edited:
U have to consider a couple things.

Trump set the bar very low. Like....lowest it's ever been. In addition to that, the media never took a break to attack everything he says sometimes ignoring context which only hurts their credibility (their credibility is also lowest it's ever been).

At some point unfortunately, people got used to it and it's just become the norm for Trump to say outlandish shit.

U can agree Trump is most to blame, but media is culpable as well. So I don't think they're being lap dogs, I think it's unfortunately par for the course at this point.

Back