Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED The Official 2024 Presidential Election Thread

test
I should have spelled out that I feel Biden has been around DC long enough that he always knew what the SC was going to do with his student loan plan

He knew it would be gutted but it was going to get him votes so win-win…he’s a wily politician

But that dynamic makes it really hard for me to answer your question
But it wasn’t completely gutted and they did get forgiveness done for a lot of people. They just couldn’t go as far as they wanted.

Sounds to me like you’re ignoring what they’ve done about something you want so you have a reason to not support them.

You need to get in the bubble nh

What's in there?

What y'all got going on?

Matter of fact, sell me on your politics.

I'm not trolling. Show me what y'all are selling. Show me what I should be buying into. I'm definitely listening.

Again, I'm not trolling you. I wat yonu to show me what's inside of that bubble.

But it wasn’t completely gutted and they did get forgiveness done for a lot of people. They just couldn’t go as far as they wanted.

Sounds to me like you’re ignoring what they’ve done about something you want so you have a reason to not support them.

Nigga might just be salty. I get it. It's totally understandable. It's a fucked up situation. Especially when we can see things playing out more clearly now in todays society as opposed to the past.

How do you think your loans being forgiven will eventually impact you in the first place? Who or what will be responsible for making that happen?

It's not you and it's not Republicans who have fought extremely hard to prevent your loans from being forgiven. So who or what do you think will ultimately be the cause of your loans specifically being forgiven?
The bait and switch hurts me more than the actual loan itself at this point

You can feel that way and I’ll feel my way

What's in there?

What y'all got going on.

Matter of fact, sell me on your politics.

I'm not trolling. Show me what y'all are selling. Show me what I should be buying into. I'm definitely listening.

Again, I'm not trolling you. I wat you to show me what's inside of that bubble.
Lol yeah you're not trolling you're just projecting

Because you've been trying to sell your politics and it's been falling flat

I don't have any politics to sell you, just Integrity as a black man to recognize when something is working against my race

Like, you niggas act like I wasn't on that Plantation with y'all picking the cotton under Massa 'bama. We were shoulder to shoulder in the fields, remember? But then...

But then I realized Obama was an illusion. I took it personally and I abandoned the plantation. Y'all see the SAME THING I see, except I'm from Oakland California and y'all not, so it causes you to double down and hug the plantation even harder. Especially when Trump brought white supremacy and Nazis to the mainstream. I get it. But I recognize and resist anti-blackness across the board and that's something that 80% of the people reading this post do not do

The politics I "sell" you are that the Democrats are openly anti-black and everything they do as far as illegal immigration to trans advocacy and much more is to undermine black america, keeping us a permanent UNDERCLASS.... that is until they can dilute our race with this hardcore swirling agenda they got going, I digress

The Liberals and Democrats are anti black and what you're doing is leading Lambs to slaughter

Forgiving all student loans will cost more than what's spent on welfare, food stamps, unemployment, SSI, housing, etc.

Mind u, people with student loans are better educated and have higher incomes/income potential than all of those in the government program I listed.

Add to that, it would cost trillions, adding to the national debt, which inevitably comes back down on the tax payers, and hurts those in already tougher economic situation even more.

And after it's all said and done, can lead to higher tuition costs. The universities won't stop over charging and we will eventually end up right back at square one.

Because it doesn't address the root of the problem. I'm not against anyone getting their debt paid off, but as a policy, it doesn't fix anything long term.

Forgiving all student loans will cost more than what's spent on welfare, food stamps, unemployment, SSI, housing, etc.

Mind u, people with student loans are better educated and have higher incomes/income potential than all of those in the government program I listed.

Add to that, it would cost trillions, adding to the national debt, which inevitably comes back down on the tax payers, and hurts those in already tougher economic situation even more.

And after it's all said and done, can lead to higher tuition costs. The universities won't stop over charging and we will eventually end up right back at square one.

Because it doesn't address the root of the problem. I'm not against anyone getting their debt paid off, but as a policy, it doesn't fix anything long term.

Hmmmm.......... we spend $800B per year on our military. We could cut that in half and spend $400B and we would not see a drop in performance or readiness.

There's other areas that we can change to pay for all of these things and more. I didn't even mention taxing the rich either.........

Hmmmm.......... we spend $800B per year on our military. We could cut that in half and spend $400B and we would not see a drop in performance or readiness.

There's other areas that we can change to pay for all of these things and more. I didn't even mention taxing the rich either.........
My guy, as much as Dems and Republicans seem to hate each other

The very one thing they come together on like a toxic couple in an on and off again relationship

Is war

U know got damn well that's never gonna happen.

I agree with you that the root problem needs to be addressed, but I think both could happen. And there’s also the economic impact from freeing up disposable income for people that will spend at higher amounts.

The defense budget covers a lot of government jobs and contractors

They’ll cut little things here or there but overall military spending gonna remain on the high side.

I feel like there’s a way all these issues can be addressed but no one is willing to do the work to get it accomplished cuz it “always been like this”.

I agree with you that the root problem needs to be addressed, but I think both could happen. And there’s also the economic impact from freeing up disposable income for people that will spend at higher amounts.
It can, but a lot of things would have to go right, and if we're trusting government to make that happen, it probably won't.

Forgiving student loans would significantly increase the national debt. Increasing the national debt negatively impacts inflation and national interest rate.

Your student loan will be forgiven, but costs will go up elsewhere, including for those who didn't get into debt to go to school.

The only way it works is if they cut spending elsewhere. And unless it's military budget that gets cut (it never will) it's gonna be something that hurts middle/lower class the most.

The defense budget covers a lot of government jobs and contractors

The money spent on government jobs and contractors is miniscule compared to the other spending. We spend more on F18's than we spend on salaries for DOD employees in any single State in America.

$1 Billion in military sending only covers 12,000 jobs or 15 F18 jets...........................

Tuition and student loans need to be looked at. Students can screw themselves over financially by a bunch of different scenarios in school
This

I'm happy for any one of u to get your loans forgiven. But unless they're talking policies that look at this specifically, it's not moving the needle enough.

Otherwise u get your loans forgiven today, your kids probably still get screwed when it's their turn.

Back