Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED The Official 2024 Presidential Election Thread

test
This

I'm happy for any one of u to get your loans forgiven. But unless they're talking policies that look at this specifically, it's not moving the needle enough.

Otherwise u get your loans forgiven today, your kids probably still get screwed when it's their turn.
A couple ways is having a bad advisor and not knowing what you want to do in life so you take some classes but then fail those because you either didn't like it or just couldn't do it. Also giving students thousand dollar loans without really any guidance isn't asking for success lol

You're politically Independent in a Democracy that is structurally built to function off of the will of the people.

Being Independent removes you from your right to influence your democracy.

Independent voters also can't vote in primaries in many states which means the majority of Independent voters have no say in who their candidate is. That's on top of Independents boing on the outskirts of the general democracy itself.

That doesn't sound glorious. More self loathing if anything.
1) Independents don't care about primaries. We care about who's on the final ballot, or we take our vote to a candidate with a better platform.

2) Independents are the catch-all of elections. 70% of the voting population already knows who they're voting for, no matter what. It's the debates, campaigns and everything else being worked for those last 30%.

3) Y'll keep saying we're insignificant, then cried after the 2016 election. It can't be both.

For some perspective
Screenshot_20240723-121056.png

Screenshot_20240723-121213.png

Forgiving all student loans would cost twice the military budget

Screenshot_20240723-121420.png

If you're for forgiving all student loan debt, which programs would u prefer to get the axe, knowing it won't be the military budget?

The red indicates diff levels of student loan forgiveness

Idk what kamala's popularity is...I've seen the takes on her that run the gamut so idk what to make of it.

I think if she washes trump in a debate she got it tho.

So basically, cutting the military budget in half by $400 billion, grants you student loan forgiveness up to $10,000
I agree with a pointed approach. Can’t be all student loans, but for folks like me, who have either paid or been in forbearance for 20 years, sure.

PSLF after 10 years of payments/forbearance.

Low income folks after 10 years of payments/forbearance.

Reset balances to their original principal less payments.

Lower interest rates to 2-3% now and going forward.

Income based repayment plans at lower income ratios.

Provide more federal grants for lower income folks.

Just a few things that could help but not break the bank.

It is going to really be a minefield for Trump to try to take shots Kamala that are not sexist/racist/both

Let’s see how much mileage he gets out of “laughing Kamala” lol

Back