Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Official 2024 Presidential Election Thread

No...............

I mean, who are these leaders? Name names. How were they put in their position to lead those cities? Who are they affiliated with? What are their policies? (Who do they work for?)

I mean I could Google the names of the miscellaneous councilmen or mayors that represent these majority Black districts but I donā€™t see how itā€™s relevant.

They are more than likely invariably Democratic politicians that were voted in by a majority Black voting block that has been loyal to the Party since the 30ā€™s despite the Party continuously working against their interests.

The official stance of the Democratic Party regarding the immigration crisis is that there is no immigration crisis. So if you see an influx of migrants in your community and resources being redirected to them, donā€™t believe your own eyes.

I mean I could Google the names of the miscellaneous councilmen or mayors that represent these majority Black districts but I donā€™t see how itā€™s relevant.

They are more than likely invariably Democratic politicians that were voted in by a majority Black voting block that has been loyal to the Party since the 30ā€™s despite the Party continuously working against their interests.

The official stance of the Democratic Party regarding the immigration crisis is that there is no immigration crisis. So if you see an influx of migrants in your community and resources being redirected to them, donā€™t believe your own eyes.
Funny considering legislation was going to be passed in regard to the immigration issue and the Republicans were given orders by Trump to sabotage it so he can use Latinos as fear mongering tools for his racist base.

Funny considering legislation was going to be passed in regard to the immigration issue and the Republicans were given orders by Trump to sabotage it so he can use Latinos as fear mongering tools for his racist base.
Thatā€™s a Democratic talking point and poor excuse. ICE is an executive branch agency. If lessening illegal immigration through the southern border was something that Biden actually cared about he couldā€™ve implemented agency policy changes and executive orders to do so. Instead he tried to push a bill through a Republican led congress that he knew would fail so that his apologists would be able to say, ā€œsee itā€™s Republicans fault!ā€

Thatā€™s a Democratic talking point and poor excuse. ICE is an executive branch agency. If lessening illegal immigration through the southern border was something that Biden actually cared about he couldā€™ve implemented agency policy changes and executive orders to do so. Instead he tried to push a bill through a Republican led congress that he knew would fail so that his apologists would be able to say, ā€œsee itā€™s Republicans fault!ā€
This is what they both do.

Like the Secure the Border act included continuing building the wall and immigration status checking of certain employees in the US. Ofc Dems are gonna vote against that.

Sinema tried to introduce a bipartisan bill that basically was title 42 without the need for public health emergency (covid). Never passed.

Neither of them want solutions at the cost of giving the other side brownie points or favorable optics.

And neither side ever wants to make a straight up bill without adding their own personal agenda that they know the other side is going to reject. When something does get passed it's usually watered down and less effective.

All so they can play the game of point the finger at the other side.

While they keep playing these games, who is the consistent loser?

Back