Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Cool is Lupe’s 3rd Best Album

Beta, lupe has been VERY vocal about Atlantic's inability to see his vision and in fact made him scrap songs to make songs THEY thought would be more radio friendly

Superstar is a perfect example iirc

I like superstar though. Shrug

I know you don’t know

don’t worry about it

you are asking dumb questions dude.

he obviously was able to convey the concept over the course of 5 songs rather than 19. It’s not a full concept album in that respect.

it’s like you are getting hung up on particulars like whether or not the shit was a full fledged concept album and then questioning how digestible the concept is in the first place to determine the quality of the album. You keep asking questions that don’t change anything.

Man ...

I had just arrived from Africa to the UK in 06

I was alone ... trying to find my way in a new land ... no friends, job hunting ...The Cool was a companion on my discman in 07... then it was CDs before streaming became a thing

I still have that hard copy

His future relationship with Atlantic Records would be prophesied on 'Dumb It Down'

Might not be a classic but it's an excellent album. ...

Man ...

I had just arrived from Africa to the UK in 06

I was alone ... trying to find my way in a new land ... no friends, job hunting ...The Cool was a companion on my discman in 07... then it was CDs before streaming became a thing

I still have that hard copy

His future relationship with Atlantic Records would be prophesied on 'Dumb It Down'

Might not be a classic but it's an excellent album. ...
So you don’t think it’s a Classic either?

Coulda made a poll for research purposes...
Nah polls = less discussion imo

idk if you noticed but we don’t discuss enough in this sub forum anymore

it’s an album coming out, rapper news, Don dada with some nas shit, and redundant canibus threads

I wanna bring the essence back and I think I kicked it off pretty well

I don't really like a couple songs ... I think it starts to get a bit dull towards the final third

For me it's a 4/4.5 out of 5 album

Might give it a run tonight just off the strength of this thread
Let me bother you with two things

1.When the last time you listened to the cool?

2. if you havent in awhile maybe go back to F&L

What’s going on? I said it was ahead of its time and you don’t agree. No need to make a joke out of it cause of whatever it is you don’t understand

The Coolest
Streets on Fire
Hello/Goodbye
Put You On The Game
The Die

5 songs that deal directly with the story of Michael Young History.

Then those songs are surrounded by concept records:

Hip Hop Saved My Life
Gotta Eat
Intruder Alert
Little Weapon
Dumb It Down

This was a mainstream release on Atlantic Records in 2007. Kinda unheard of considering the landscape of rap in 2007.
Who is Michael young

Back