The Cool is Lupe’s 3rd Best Album

Saba
Free chilly
Go go gadget flow
The coolest
Superstar
Paris tokyo
Hi definition

is somebody supposed to grasp the concept by track 7?

yes because The Coolest is the 2nd actual track (you and I know Baba Says / Free Chilly are intro interludes) if you ever seen the Video for Superstar the characters in it are the Cool characters.

I was the fan that didn't get it on the first listen especially since I wasn't used to listening to music for references, concepts, stories etc at the time.

When I went back to it and realized what it was all about that just added another layer to an already good album.

But I can definitely agree that it's not something that easily identified if you don't know. But I also think that doesn't take away anything for the album either, it actually makes it more enjoyable imo.

And that's the beauty of most of Lupe's music it's something you can always come back to and find something new.

If that’s your point then someone saying nobody was doing concept albums like this ain’t really a reason to call it a classic

no one in here said “because it is a concept album, it is a classic” or “it’s a classic album because it’s a concept album”

Again, you keep making these bullshit arguments to continue this thread. There’s better ways to make your claim that the cool is the third best album.

yes because The Coolest is the 2nd actual track (you and I know Baba Says / Free Chilly are intro interludes) if you ever seen the Video for Superstar the characters in it are the Cool characters.
So you’re saying when you’re listening to the album you can tell it’s a conceptual album after going from go to gadget flow to the coolest then you have to physically watch superstar the video to know It’s apart of the concept…also how would the listener or I guess viewers know that’s characters from the cool?

no one in here said “because it is a concept album, it is a classic” or “it’s a classic album because it’s a concept album”

Again, you keep making these bullshit arguments to continue this thread. There’s better ways to make your claim that the cool is the third best album.
I appreciate you being passionate about this

So you’re saying when you’re listening to the album you can tell it’s a conceptual album after going from go to gadget flow to the coolest then you have to physically watch superstar the video to know It’s apart of the concept…also how would the listener or I guess viewers know that’s characters from the cool?

i knew it was a concept album because the nigga said it would be long before the album dropped. I can do this all day bro word to Capt

If you had no internet would you have known?

Let’s walk down this path for a second.

let’s say someone who didn’t have the Internet somehow got The Cool album. Let’s assume they bought the album.

the album cover kinda gives hint that there is more to what’s going on. The album inserts outline the characters at play.

MTV was still playing videos and Superstar was in decent rotation. It’s already been mentioned that those same characters in the video are the same characters in the album inserts.

if the listener doesn’t connect these dots and listen for the concept, it doesn’t make the songs or the album at large weaker. Lupe was trying to make an album that elaborated on a past concept while appealing to casual listeners at the same time. An album like T&Y or Drogas Wave? They appeal to die hard fans and that’s it. You’re meant to connect dots and shit.

People in this thread have made it clear that even without the awareness of the concept records for The Cool, it didn’t weaken the album…and actually made it better once they found out what was going on

I just erased an entire paragraph by mistake lol fuck

If you listen to this album in 2030 you aren’t going to look at album inserts or superstar the video

how will you know it’s a concept album and if you can maybe follow that it is how can you know exactly what’s going on besides looking it up on the internet.

eyerone: this album cover hints at multiple characters

741FC9C6-4EF5-470F-A3C5-B5B34E5E9EBE.jpeg

FOH

If you listen to this album in 2030 you aren’t going to look at album inserts or superstar the video

how will you know it’s a concept album and if you can maybe follow that it is how can you know exactly what’s going on besides looking it up on the internet.

View attachment 658154

FOH
Bro, who's Michael young? These niggas are laughing and shit... I want to know what the big fucking deal

View attachment 658154

FOH

You are focused on the wrong things dude. Who cares if it is a full fledged concept album or not. How does that add to your point of the cool not being dudes best album.

how bout you explain your points…like why F&L is a better album that The Cool…or why you think another album is better.

all you said in here is “F&L” is a better album and didn’t even give any reasons why. All you’re doing is focusing on the lil shit so niggas can go back and forth with you about dumb shit.

Bro, who's Michael young? These niggas are laughing and shit... I want to know what the big fucking deal
It’s the character from lupe’s albums and a lot of tracks on F&L and the cool are about his journey and his death and his rebirth in a very convoluted story that you would have to read on the internet to even know

niggas will lie and say they can get this just from listening and looking at album insert 14 years after the album came out but real niggas know

You are focused on the wrong things dude. Who cares if it is a full fledged concept album or not. How does that add to your point of the cool not being dudes best album.

how bout you explain your points…like why F&L is a better album that The Cool.

all you said in here is “F&L” is a better album and didn’t even give any reasons why. All you’re doing is focusing on the lil shit so niggas can go back and forth with you about dumb shit.
I’m way past arguing why it’s his third best album

been there already

I was on a tangent about this conceptual album and it being ahead of its time

F&L has better songs, less skips, and again more digestible as music has to be entertaining on a sonic level and it’s better as a whole than the cool. So is T&Y

It’s the character from lupe’s albums and a lot of tracks on F&L and the cool are about his journey and his death and his rebirth in a very convoluted story that you would have to read on the internet to even know

niggas will lie and say they can get this just from listening and looking at album insert 14 years after the album came out but real niggas know

So, niggas just laughing at me over a made up character in a album soujia.gif

I’m way past arguing why it’s his third best album

been there already

I was on a tangent about this conceptual album and it being ahead of its time

F&L has better songs, less skips, and again more digestible as music has to be entertaining on a sonic level and it’s better as a whole than the cool. So is T&Y

That tangent was dumb as fuck.

how would you know it’s a concept album? Lupe said it was a concept album before the shit came out and it was marketed that way and I gave you multiple examples of how money was spent so that the shit was marketed to suggest that it was a concept album. If those things didn’t make sense to you, oh well. But it was. Talking about how the album would be perceived in 2030 is moot.

and for you to suggest that T&Y is a better album while saying The Cool isn’t “digestible” is fuckin retarded and disingenuous at best. Play T&Y for a new…matter fact play it for an old Lupe fan and I promise you they will be confused as fuck by the time Dots & Lines comes on.

And im done with this thread. I’ve proved that beta don’t know wtf he talking about multiple times. And also, I’ll finish off by saying Lupe has no classic albums.

That tangent was dumb as fuck.

how would you know it’s a concept album? Lupe said it was a concept album before the shit came out and it was marketed that way and I gave you multiple examples of how money was spent so that the shit was marketed to suggest that it was a concept album. If those things didn’t make sense to you, oh well. But it was. Talking about how the album would be perceived in 2030 is moot.

and for you to suggest that T&Y is a better album while saying The Cool isn’t “digestible” is fuckin retarded and disingenuous at best. Play T&Y for a new…matter fact play it for an old Lupe fan and I promise you they will be confused as fuck by the time Dots & Lines comes on.
Why would they be confused? It’s music man just listen to the fucking songs I’m saying the songs are better and the album is tighter

but hey you’re now in the minority that the cool is a classic. That’s fine

Back