The Cool is Lupe’s 3rd Best Album

lmao bruh
Niggas listen to Lupe albums then when they read explanations about what they heard online they then say “OMG lupe a genius this is a classic!” Without penalizing lupe for making music in a way that there’s no way to grasp this shit by just listening naturally

• Ether
Reactions: Inori
Niggas listen to Lupe albums then when they read explanations about what they heard online they then say “OMG lupe a genius this is a classic!” Without penalizing lupe for making music in a way that there’s no way to grasp this shit by just listening naturally

lol thats a bit of an over-exaggeration for F&L and the Cool..

the rest of his shit after that... yeah we're in agreement for the most part

lol thats a bit of an over-exaggeration for F&L and the Cool..

the rest of his shit after that... yeah we're in agreement for the most part
I’m at the ignorant part of this thread

Imagine listening to the cool with no internet connection..how would you even know it’s supposed to be conceptual but not fully because Atlantic…

FOH

• Haha
Reactions: Inori
So you don't listen to dumb it down?

That's exactly what the song is referring to. Why should he have to jack and Jill for people to enjoy the shit.

So you don't listen to dumb it down?

That's exactly what the song is referring to. Why should he have to jack and Jill for people to enjoy the shit.
That’s not the point I’m making

im saying you can’t praise the cool as a concept album if you generally have to research to even learn that it’s supposed to be rather than getting it from the music organically. If you have to search for the concept then the artist didn’t do the best job to convey that through the music

that’s why I said he missed the mark

That’s not the point I’m making

im saying you can’t praise the cool as a concept album if you generally have to research to even learn that it’s supposed to be rather than getting it from the music organically. If you have to search for the concept then the artist didn’t do the best job to convey that through the music

that’s why I said he missed the mark
Admittedly, my real intro to Lupe was the cool. I had no idea of Michael young History prior.

I did have the album insert though that talked about him iirc. Then I went back to F&L and got the very first reference. If you don't get it, it's cause you don't want to imo

Admittedly, my real intro to Lupe was the cool. I had no idea of Michael young History prior.

I did have the album insert though that talked about him iirc. Then I went back to F&L and got the very first reference. If you don't get it, it's cause you don't want to imo
You can’t expect everybody to get it if Lupe didn’t conceptually do his job fully and then what kind of shit is that to say it’s because you don’t want to? lol it’s music it’s supposed to be enjoyable to listen at your leisure

you talking about Album inserts did it for you when there’s no way it broke down each song on the cool that sticks to the concept

hold that man accountable

Free chilly not a skit though

also y’all can’t hate on (maybe not you) Donda chant and then say shit like I excuse free chilly

the cool starts out with two skips though off the rip
nah nah nah. Free CHilly actually has music. I skip Baba Says Cool for Thought the same way I skip Donda Chant.

nah nah nah. Free CHilly actually has music. I skip Baba Says Cool for Thought the same way I skip Donda Chant.
You wanna hear somebody crooning about wanting to Free chilly for a min? What’s the point?

I don’t wanna hear that shit idk that man

SKIP!

Anyone who heard F&L & heard the track “The Cool” can easily connect the dots of the concept on The Cool album even through 5 songs; without internet reference. You would have had to never listened to F&L to not understand what’s going on in The Cool album

Anyone who heard F&L & heard the track “The Cool” can easily connect the dots of the concept on The Cool album even through 5 songs; without internet reference. You would have had to never listened to F&L to not understand what’s going on in The Cool album
Saba
Free chilly
Go go gadget flow
The coolest
Superstar
Paris tokyo
Hi definition

is somebody supposed to grasp the concept by track 7?

imo making a concept album that works for casual listeners who aren't aware of the overall concept is better than making a concept album that only works if you're aware of the concept. iirc it's a loose concept record anyway

Reactions: AP2.5 and Eyerone
You can’t expect everybody to get it if Lupe didn’t conceptually do his job fully and then what kind of shit is that to say it’s because you don’t want to? lol it’s music it’s supposed to be enjoyable to listen at your leisure

you talking about Album inserts did it for you when there’s no way it broke down each song on the cool that sticks to the concept

hold that man accountable

Y’all see how he is changing the conversation right?

now he’s saying that Lupe didn’t do his job fully

Shit just keeps getting more comical

• Haha
Reactions: cj012890 and AP2.5
Y’all see how he is changing the conversation right?

now he’s saying that Lupe didn’t do his job fully

Shit just keeps getting more comical
I’m not changing the conversation because this is going off on a tangent. I said pages ago lupe missed the mark

imo making a concept album that works for casual listeners who aren't aware of the overall concept is better than making a concept album that only works if you're aware of the concept. iirc it's a loose concept record anyway
If that’s your point then someone saying nobody was doing concept albums like this ain’t really a reason to call it a classic