Welcome To aBlackWeb

The Cool is Lupe’s 3rd Best Album

I think you just made @Eyerone point about the album not being digestible. Didn't he just post a similar response with his imaginary example of him pitching the idea of the cool to Atlantic?

I think you just made @Eyerone point about the album not being digestible. Didn't he just post a similar response with his imaginary example of him pitching the idea of the cool to Atlantic?
I mean he could’ve made the point that Atlantic intervened with his album because “it was ahead of its time “ but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it was

but one of my original points is the album isn’t digestible enough to be a Classic

Beta, lupe has been VERY vocal about Atlantic's inability to see his vision and in fact made him scrap songs to make songs THEY thought would be more radio friendly

Superstar is a perfect example iirc

Nah, Superstar is a song he wanted to make.

The Show Goes On is a song he did NOT want to make. BoB’s songs “Nothin on You” and “Airplanes” were originally presented to Lupe with the hooks already on them and was given specific topics to rap about.

I mean he could’ve made the point that Atlantic intervened with his album because “it was ahead of its time “ but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it was

but one of my original points is the album isn’t digestible enough to be a Classic
i wouldnt call it a classic either, but it is a very solid album imo

Nah, Superstar is a song he wanted to make.

The Show Goes On is a song he did NOT want to make. BoB’s songs “Nothin on You” and “Airplanes” were originally presented to Lupe with the hooks already on them and was given specific topics to rap about.
thank you for the clarification. I knew it was one of em

I never said the cool wasn’t digestible.

I never said the cool was a classic.

I never said the cool was ahead of it’s time.

Will say it’s surprising to hear this many lupe fans agree with me
i think the issue for me when having these types of discussions is this "classic or assic" mentality. NOT EVERY ALBUM is going to be a universally revered classic and thats ok.

You can have as many personal classics as you want, but imo, a classic album not dropping every single year. A bunch of solid to great albums, but classics? nah

lol personal attacks because you dodged a question to avoid being caught up

your dumb ass questions of what the fans knew? It’s a dumb ass question. All the fans knew was that the next album was called “the cool” and 3 months before the shit came out, he started explaining the concept behind it all.

how inconsequential is me explaining this? Does it change my opinion or yours on how Atlantic Records operates? No. It was a dumb fuckin question dude.

Atlantic, matter fact, no record label would allow an rap artist to go all in on 19 songs about a zombie.

all this to say, you don’t know what the fuck you are talking about. It’s fine you think that the cool is the 3rd best Lupe album. That’s your opinion. But outside of that, you don’t know shit about shit.

there are some niggas on Al Green's internet that really believe Benny the Butcher has a classic album.

Again, if its a personal classic to you...thats fine, but it's not touching a single highly regarded album that came out in like 98...maybe thats not a fair comparison, but nobody gonna be talking about the plugs I met 20 years from now

your dumb ass questions of what the fans knew? It’s a dumb ass question. All the fans knew was that the next album was called “the cool” and 3 months before the shit came out, he started explaining the concept behind it all.

how inconsequential is me explaining this? Does it change my opinion or yours on how Atlantic Records operates? No. It was a dumb fuckin question dude.

Atlantic, matter fact, no record label would allow an rap artist to go all in on 19 songs about a zombie.

all this to say, you don’t know what the fuck you are talking about. It’s fine you think that the cool is the 3rd best Lupe album. That’s your opinion. But outside of that, you don’t know shit about shit.
How good is a concept album if you can’t convey it correctly through music to make fans understand?

there are some niggas on Al Green's internet that really believe Benny the Butcher has a classic album.

Again, if its a personal classic to you...thats fine, but it's not touching a single highly regarded album that came out in like 98...maybe thats not a fair comparison, but nobody gonna be talking about the plugs I met 20 years from now
Kept it Lupe mane

Back