Welcome To aBlackWeb

The #ADOS Movement

I
Man I just want all of my 8 children to be happy and successful and be able to be do better than me, breh.

700k stash away for my sons, so when they grow up, they can have a lil fun - Baby said it best
I'mma buy you condoms for Christmas

This ADOS movement isn't about neighborhoods though. When it comes to advocating politically for communities, the Italians and Irish (now that they are considered white) don't separate themselves from other whites. When it comes to advocating politically for the Asian community, the Chinese, Koreans, Japaneses, etc... all stand together. No other group does what these people are suggesting from a political standpoint because they know that would be stupid. When it comes to political advocation, numbers matter, so doing something that reduces your numbers unquestionably reduces your power.

I've observed that other groups are mainly selective with how/when they stand together. They have no problem separating themselves or uniting when it's to their benefit. Nationality, political affiliation, gender, religion, sexuality, financial status, race, ethnicity, and neighborhood are all categories those groups will flip flop with if/when it suits there needs.

If the conversation is about addressing the problems unique to a black American we should not be afraid to state so. Every group that has their own unique situation should be able to do that. If black immigrants want to support ADOS they are more than able and are welcomed as allies. If every thing was cool when African American merely implied that we were different, it should not matter when ADOS clearly defines it. I would consider it very unusual, even suspicious, if a person allowed something like this to turn their back on us to reduce whatever power we might have.

ADOS, as their website shows, is about fighting against the injustices and mistreatment of people, in this case black Americans. Why would that cause division from people that should already genuinely support us regardless of labels? It makes no sense as I think about it. If it does, I say they were probably not truly on the side of justice anyway.

I've observed that other groups are mainly selective with how/when they stand together. They have no problem separating themselves or uniting when it's to their benefit. Nationality, political affiliation, gender, religion, sexuality, financial status, race, ethnicity, and neighborhood are all categories those groups will flip flop with if/when it suits there needs.

If the conversation is about addressing the problems unique to a black American we should not be afraid to state so. Every group that has their own unique situation should be able to do that. If black immigrants want to support ADOS they are more than able and are welcomed as allies. If every thing was cool when African American merely implied that we were different, it should not matter when ADOS clearly defines it. I would consider it very unusual, even suspicious, if a person allowed something like this to turn their back on us to reduce whatever power we might have.

ADOS, as their website shows, is about fighting against the injustices and mistreatment of people, in this case black Americans. Why would that cause division from people that should already genuinely support us regardless of labels? It makes no sense as I think about it. If it does, I say they were probably not truly on the side of justice anyway.

First, stop saying Black Americans because that's a more inclusive term than who ADOS means to represent. If the discussion is about the difference in experience between people born and raised in the US and recent immigrants, that may need to be explored. But based on my understanding (albeit limited) of this movement, it's not just that. Both Obama and Kamala are considered Black Americans and this ADOS movement seeks to exclude people like them. All the Africans and blacks from the West Indies that have been here for generations are considered Black Americans, but they are all people that this ADOS group seeks to exclude. If ADOS supporters believe that there are problems that descendants of slaves face that other black Americans don't face then identify what those are and make the argument that they are substantial enough to warrant fracturing the larger black community.

The question becomes is Kamala or Obama descendants of slavery here in the U.S. (McDonalds)

Are they from the pipeline (generation) that worked at McDonald's (U.S) or from the pipeline (generation) that worked at Burger King (Haiti)?

Do we have an ID?

Yea. All of a sudden in 2019 African American aint good enough? We opder than some ethnic groups but we acting like we have no culture no id or nothing. I never had q problem with African American. I know Moors want to say we native Hebrew Israelites think we lost tribes of Judah. But i think all that stems from insecurity. We dont think our history is good enough. We gotta grow up.

The question becomes is Kamala or Obama descendants of slavery here in the U.S. (McDonalds)

Are they from the pipeline (generation) that worked at McDonald's (U.S) or from the pipeline (generation) that worked at Burger King (Haiti)?

If burger king and mcdonalds was that different id understand.

Is the "American" in ADOS meant to represent the whole Americas or just the USA?

If it's the former then why exclude places such as the West Indies? If it's the latter then that sounds like a great way to bust 14% of the population down to like 8 or 9% and create yet another divide & conquer situation.

What about people who have one Jamaican ancestor in there? Or even a white or Asian one? Do they still count?

The whole thing seems a little silly to be honest.

Yea. All of a sudden in 2019 African American aint good enough? We opder than some ethnic groups but we acting like we have no culture no id or nothing. I never had q problem with African American. I know Moors want to say we native Hebrew Israelites think we lost tribes of Judah. But i think all that stems from insecurity. We dont think our history is good enough. We gotta grow up.
It went completely over your head.

Wow

Is the "American" in ADOS meant to represent the whole Americas or just the USA?

If it's the former then why exclude places such as the West Indies? If it's the latter then that sounds like a great way to bust 14% of the population down to like 8 or 9% and create yet another divide & conquer situation.

What about people who have one Jamaican ancestor in there? Or even a white or Asian one? Do they still count?

The whole thing seems a little silly to be honest.

Nah they finna make it a one drop rule fam.

It went completely over your head.

Wow

Bruh i get what they want i just dont think we got this deep id crisis or that somebody going to usurp whats ours. But this about reparations. I dont think we can get reparations without killing people. Which is cool

Answer the question Russian.

Actually don't. Probably just boils down to some nigga that made you feel inadequate as a youth and I don't care.
Can't admit you just made a dumb ass post?

It's ok we all do ...just some more than others

Bruh i get what they want i just dont think we got this deep id crisis or that somebody going to usurp whats ours. But this about reparations. I dont think we can get reparations without killing people. Which is cool
Ok

You've yet to explain how that comment is stupid. Feel free.

You've yet to explain how that comment is stupid. Feel free.
It wasn't stupid until you talked shit.
I said smdh.

But no one said only america had slaves.
They are trying to get just due for the American decendants of slaves.

That not saying no one else was slaves bruh.

Smdh

Back