Welcome To aBlackWeb

The #ADOS Movement

The question becomes is Kamala or Obama descendants of slavery here in the U.S. (McDonalds)

Are they from the pipeline (generation) that worked at McDonald's (U.S) or from the pipeline (generation) that worked at Burger King (Haiti)?

Considering how obsessed she was with Obama it's really no surprise she helped started this ""movement"" merely to take another dig at him LOL

Explain where it went over my head use laymen termd
Was our culture developed do to free expression or based on what we was allowed to do and we never changed it?

The very staple of black american household foods ...was it born out of freedom to experiment or scraps left to us by our oppressors. And that's what we celebrate as ours.

These are just questions.

First, stop saying Black Americans because that's a more inclusive term than who ADOS means to represent. If the discussion is about the difference in experience between people born and raised in the US and recent immigrants, that may need to be explored. But based on my understanding (albeit limited) of this movement, it's not just that. Both Obama and Kamala are considered Black Americans and this ADOS movement seeks to exclude people like them. All the Africans and blacks from the West Indies that have been here for generations are considered Black Americans, but they are all people that this ADOS group seeks to exclude. If ADOS supporters believe that there are problems that descendants of slaves face that other black Americans don't face then identify what those are and make the argument that they are substantial enough to warrant fracturing the larger black community.

I'm glad you pointed that out. Black Americans can be too inclusive when considering more recent generations could also qualify for that label. It will further prove my point why ADOS is a needed specification when considering tangibles to bring forth. Cause this isn't just about problems we are all facing IMO.

Land allotment is one, there's also civil war pensions that were denied to ex-slaves, we also deserve something for the atrocities they committed against slaves that is the foundation of American modern medicine, and Claude Anderson has been pushing for years for the government to honor the treaty of 1866. There's also some items worth looking into listed on ADOS website. Plus I'm certain a person even more knowledgeable in the history of slavery before/after could list even more things to put on the table.

Given such items as the above I suspect something else is actually fueling the fracture. Call me cynical, but I doubt this is all just about unifying all black people from all nations. Ultimately, this boils down to a form of reparations, land and money. In my opinion the opposition to ADOS is actually stemming from non-ADOS not being able to get them a piece of such compensation if it's ever actually given. Their lack of lineage to American slavery would disqualify them.

Last edited:
Y'all must not live in cities were black folk from all across the world live to support this shit.

I live in Crown Heights. There's West Indians (Trinis, Haitians, Jamaicans, Bajans, etc), Africans (Nigerians, South African, Lebonese, etc), and Black Americans, and when shit goes down, they ALL unite.

This shit is wack.

It wasn't stupid until you talked shit.
I said smdh.

But no one said only america had slaves.
They are trying to get just due for the American decendants of slaves.

That not saying no one else was slaves bruh.

Smdh

Ok well why you're stupid is because slavery wasn't an American thing it was a worldwide thing so why cape for a American movement instead of caping for a worldwide movement... because you're stupid. Yall in here arguing about stupidness. All of us are descendants of slavery. But yall rather be divisive for what reason I don't fucking know.

Is the "American" in ADOS meant to represent the whole Americas or just the USA?

If it's the former then why exclude places such as the West Indies? If it's the latter then that sounds like a great way to bust 14% of the population down to like 8 or 9% and create yet another divide & conquer situation.

What about people who have one Jamaican ancestor in there? Or even a white or Asian one? Do they still count?

The whole thing seems a little silly to be honest.

Given the language on the site, you can see they are referring to the USA. So if you're ancestors were slaves on US land, they would qualify I imagine. If you're ancestors were slaves on foreign soil, I'd imagine it would be up to the qualified black people of that nation to spark their own movement. If anything ADOS should be inspiring those people to handle their own business in a similar way.

Yea. All of a sudden in 2019 African American aint good enough? We opder than some ethnic groups but we acting like we have no culture no id or nothing. I never had q problem with African American. I know Moors want to say we native Hebrew Israelites think we lost tribes of Judah. But i think all that stems from insecurity. We dont think our history is good enough. We gotta grow up.

What history is that? To me it’s not enough to just say “Africa”. Africa got 50-something countries and multiple tribes within each of those.

I believe some of us were already here, too, but how many people even know or can trace that back to which tribes and/or culture.

Honestly whenever I see ADOS I stop reading and keep scrolling.

We ain't getting no reparations. We can holla bout it from now til 2090 but nothing has been done to correct black people's position in this country in 300 years. And even if something were to get considered, the way the trump administration is set up.........

Honestly whenever I see ADOS I stop reading and keep scrolling.

We ain't getting no reparations. We can holla bout it from now til 2090 but nothing has been done to correct black people's position in this country in 300 years. And even if something were to get considered, the way the trump administration is set up.........

I mean other groups got reparations and you don't think we can get it, why??

There's already a cac lady that has made more noise, has a plan, budget on the amount she thinks ADOS should get and we can't get Kamala or Cory to even use the word black when fixing things for us.

We can't even get folks, especially black folks to say what they will do for black folks, thus us being in the same situation for 300 years.

Last edited:
Y'all must not live in cities were black folk from all across the world live to support this shit.

I live in Crown Heights. There's West Indians (Trinis, Haitians, Jamaicans, Bajans, etc), Africans (Nigerians, South African, Lebonese, etc), and Black Americans, and when shit goes down, they ALL unite.

This shit is wack.

When has something went down and they united at one time against the oppresser??

I'm glad you pointed that out. Black Americans can be too inclusive when considering more recent generations could also qualify for that label. It will further prove my point why ADOS is a needed specification when considering tangibles to bring forth. Cause this isn't just about problems we are all facing IMO.

Land allotment is one, there's also civil war pensions that were denied to ex-slaves, we also deserve something for the atrocities they committed against slaves that is the foundation of American modern medicine, and Claude Anderson has been pushing for years for the government to honor the treaty of 1866. There's also some items worth looking into listed on ADOS website. Plus I'm certain a person even more knowledgeable in the history of slavery before/after could list even more things to put on the table.

Given such items as the above I suspect something else is actually fueling the fracture. Call me cynical, but I doubt this is all just about unifying all black people from all nations. Ultimately, this boils down to a form of reparations, land and money. In my opinion the opposition to ADOS is actually stemming from non-ADOS not being able to get them a piece of such compensation if it's ever actually given. Their lack of lineage to American slavery would disqualify them.

Add in the Florida Treaty, where President Jackson went into Florida and stole the land from black folks, the Seminoles, the real ones, Dude literally strong armed his way into the Florida area and stole the land from black folks having them to relocate to Mexico

We are owed that land and incentives in that treaty that was signed when Spain gave that land to the U.S

The block party we had that the police fucked all up, for starters.

That's cool and all but what are these groups doing on a national stage?? A block party, yelling at the cops, cool, but what are they doing for black folks as a whole on a stage that will make some noise and help us all out

Black folks paved the way for black immigrants to even come into America They were on the front line fighting for them to even be able to come over here and reap the benefits

That's what I mean about what are these groups doing on their own for Native Blacks

As a poster said, all ADOS is going to do is wake up the other groups to get on code and go after what they are owed.

Thats how ADOS can spark this off. Everybody has a job to do.

I mean other groups got reparations and you don't think we can get it, why??

There's already a cac lady that has made more noise, had a plan, budget on the amount she thinks ADOS should get.

We can't even get folks, especially black folks to say what they will do for black folks, thus us being in the same situation for 300 years.
What did I just say fam? Us being in the same position and nothing being done is why I dont think anything will be done.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not against the movement. The core message is nothing to really disagree with. We are owed much more than what anybody can tangibly come up with. But based on history I have no reason to believe it's gonna go anywhere. It's asking too much of white people period, let alone the ones in govt, to see something like that and do what they're supposed to do and I have 0 faith in more than 2 white people coming together and doing right on behalf of nonwhites.

I'm pessimistic af but I'm also realistic. I try to stay out of these discussions cuz I dont wana be the salty nigga throwing dirt on good convos. Yall make some headway lemme know how I can help. But until then I'm not getting my hopes up. Not believing it til I see it.

Last edited:
What did I just say fam? Us being in the same position and nothing being done is why I dont think anything will be done.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not against the movement. There core message 8s nothing to really disagree with. We are owed much more than what anybody can tangibly come up with. But based on history I have no reason to believe it's gonna go anywhere. It's asking too much of white people period, let alone the ones in govt, to see something like that and do what they're supposed to do and I have 0 faith in more than 2 white people coming together and doing right on behalf of nonwhites.

I'm pessimistic af but I'm also realistic. I try to stay out of these discussions cuz I dont wana be the salty nigga throwing dirt on good convos. Yall make some headway lemme know how I can help. But until then I'm not getting my hopes up. Not believing it til I see it.

Us being in the same position is because folks haven't made any noise like it's being made now. Based on history Black folks going along with the norm and being passive and having an ole this not going to happen mindset so I will just not believe is why were are in the same
position fam.

But I hear you

Us being in the same position is because folks haven't made any noise like it's being made now. Based on history Black folks going along with the norm and being passive and having an ole this not going to happen mindset so I will just not believe is why were are in the same
position fam.

But I hear you
Thank you for understanding

Back