The #ADOS Movement

#ADOS is a way for black Americans to differentiate themselves from black immigrants that are not about empowering the black community in America. Immigrants with that kind of mindset have already divided themselves, they are the Africans (and other nationalities) that look down on black Americans. They are the ones that call us Akatas, or whatever derogatory name, and tell their children not to marry blacks. They are the black immigrants that bleach their skin. They are the black immigrants that only wish to be accepted into white society. They will even turn their backs on their own nationality when conspiring with white society. They are what we would call coons to put it simply. They are not our friends or allies, nor do they want to be.

But since #ADOS was created by Tariq, I'm sure most of you will look pass all that for your own foolish reasons.

We dont need an identifier to be against cooned out inmigrants. I dont even know how we allow for ourselves to be looked down by some foreigners anyway. I get it there may be some division between African Americans, Africans living in the US, and Islanders.

But i dont think its deep enough to where we need a new hash tag like we arent the majority black population in the country. Its like if anglo saxons made a hash tag against irish and scottish.

Last edited:
We the dominant group with the dominant culture among black people. We supposed to be in our feelings because another group of blacks who are here by the same far reaching impact of colonialism feel they are better than us. They feel we squander our American advantage lol.

Im sound fucked up for this but arent most of the black Caribbean countries and most African countries about 90% black. And they cant get their shit right and come to the us. Mali had universities centuries ago but they sent their kids to France.

I got to much pride to take being looked down upon by them niggas seriously.

I wanted to make this thread....just did the have time.
I have alot of info on this.
Both sides have good gripes.

I'll post up some stuff later. I gotta work this week

We the dominant group with the dominant culture among black people. We supposed to be in our feelings because another group of blacks who are here by the same far reaching impact of colonialism feel they are better than us. They feel we squander our American advantage lol.

Im sound fucked up for this but arent most of the black Caribbean countries and most African countries about 90% black. And they cant get their shit right and come to the us. Mali had universities centuries ago but they sent their kids to France.

I got to much pride to take being looked down upon by them niggas seriously.
We dont need an identifier to be against cooned out inmigrants. I dont even know how we allow for ourselves to be looked down by some foreigners anyway. I get it there may be some division between African Americans, Africans living in the US, and Islanders.

But i dont think its deep enough to wear we need a new hash tag like we arent the majority black population in the country. Its like if anglo saxons made a hash tag against irish and scottish.
Shit is a fucking joke.
Lol

Pick a side
Lol

I got chewed out twice over this.
I'mma let it go a bit before a blaze in

But i dont think its deep enough to wear we need a new hash tag like we arent the majority black population in the country. Its like if anglo saxons made a hash tag against irish and scottish.

The thing is that foreigners that look down on us do so regardless of what we allow them to do. And honestly, given how recently black people have shown to support foreign businesses even after they've mistreated black customers, that's one way we allow them to do that.

Such an identifier may or may not be needed for some, but language is important. Words do hold power and the English language is very easy to manipulate. So it's important that we are specific and concise with a message. Especially in political matters and the evolving social climate we live in. Eventually a message has to be refined and grow with circumstances around it. And these days hash tags are the thing so there's that.

Black American Nationalism has arrived. Culture and ethnicity over race. Interesting to see how this will affect the 2020 election. This could backfire and get Trump elected again.

The thing is that foreigners that look down on us do so regardless of what we allow them to do. And honestly, given how recently black people have shown to support foreign businesses even after they've mistreated black customers, that's one way we allow them to do that.

Such an identifier may or may not be needed for some, but language is important. Words do hold power and the English language is very easy to manipulate. So it's important that we are specific and concise with a message. Especially in political matters and the evolving social climate we live in. Eventually a message has to be refined and grow with circumstances around it. And these days hash tags are the thing so there's that.

Whats wrong with african American. Nobody elses uses it but us. I know in theory people think white africans can somehow use it to id or that Nigerians will use it. But when we hear African American we all know who that is.

Every other skin color folks are grouped by nationality, why can't the descendants of American slaves do it also?

Cause it wouldn't be beneficial for us. And when the last time you seen white people group themselves in terms of where they came from before they got here? That shit doesn't happen so stop it.

Reactions: Inglewood_B
Whats wrong with african American. Nobody elses uses it but us. I know in theory people think white africans can somehow use it to id or that Nigerians will use it. But when we hear African American we all know who that is.

Good question.

Technically, yes a white African CAN refer to themselves as African American. Far as I know. The general rule of grammar shows that the place of ethnic origin is followed by the national status of the person. Hence Asian American, Latin American, European American, and etc. So if a non-black person born in Africa immigrates to America they would legally qualify for that label. There are more ways to interpret the label depending on context, but not today.

Of course the same rule applies to black Africans as well if they immigrate to America, and so this is where all the confusion can come in. It's true that if you say African American people generally ASSUME you're referring to a black person in America, but the label itself is actually a triple entrende at this point.

ADOS is a label attempting to get rid of all those assumptions.

Cause it wouldn't be beneficial for us. And when the last time you seen white people group themselves in terms of where they came from before they got here? That shit doesn't happen so stop it.

Whether or not it's beneficial for us remains to be seen. And since we've been in a rut before this label was even conceived, new ideas are worth trying.
Other races have been grouping themselves by origin since the beginning. Italians, Irish, Koreans, Latinos, and Chinese are just a few off the top of my head. There are neighborhoods like this all across the US.

Last edited:
Not just here, but across various other platforms, I see the tide coming
Yvette and Tone are going to learn a harsh lesson before it's all said and done. Hell, I'll wager both will be saying to themselves:
""Damn, I see why it wasn't easy for Obama to "anything" for black people.
They'll be more sympathetic and understanding toward our Civil Right leaders also

Not just the opportunists hi-jacking their ""movement", the groups/individual jealous of it's growing attention, etc.
even their very own egos will play a part in this "lesson"

I am loving this thread.

Goes to show messenger does matter

Black American Nationalism has arrived. Culture and ethnicity over race. Interesting to see how this will affect the 2020 election. This could backfire and get Trump elected again.

So, #ADOS gets angry when talented African actors get good movie roles yet silent when reciprocated ? Seems like a bunch of misinformed hypocrites.

6FF64F69-63C8-4D12-913D-036CD85BEA7A.jpeg 35F996CE-1908-4E39-B3D6-61AD50985B9E.jpeg E83E2DD5-B287-44C5-8822-8B3A42830BB3.jpeg

0B74E18E-7EA7-4D08-A3E0-243C6D28978F.gif

Tariq fucking up

Is 21 Savage the nigga which started all this?

Lol