Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED "Speaker" Dee-1 Calls Out Jim Jones, Rick Ross and Other Rappers

test
Everything "influenced" by real life to some degree.

Rap is sold as completely real tho. Not as "influenced by real life" Young thug about to sit down for life behind those raps. We've spent decades inspecting the lives of rappers to see how real they are.

Don't get obtuse now.
No. if you claim to be from the street then you can talk about certain things and even then there are still creative licenses people can use. So it’s not automatically “real”. But that’s besides the point. If you are putting in work and helping people then who cares about rap lyrics. Helping a mother with groceries holds more weight than rapping about imaginary opps.

So the messenger matters in this situation?
Idk how you read what I said and still asked me this lol

I said the fans are to blame and ultimately change doesn’t need to be pushed to happen since this artform won’t be around much longer anyways

Helping a mother with groceries holds more weight than rapping about imaginary opps.

Too many of us don't have the wisdom to understand that and will carry it.

It's systematic at this point but some of you won't/refuse to see it.

So like @Sony Montana says blame the consumer I guess. 🤷🏿‍♂️

It's the labels that push it. The artists that perpetrate it, the consumers who ingest it and the consumers that allow for their kids to ingest it as well. They all have some blame to take
Ah.. we're getting somewhere.. the artists are going to make the music regardless if it gets heard or not. Point fingers at the people making it be heard... punch UP

There was a time in the early 2000s around when kanye came out when you had to be on the female tip. You had to make Pro female music to get heard and be on the radio. And guess what, niggas adapted. The machine ultimately controls what's being heard.

Doesn’t make any of it okay. We're fucked up. I don’t care about these niggas, their fans, or the predatory labels profiting off all the fuckery. They need to go.
Ehhh Dee 1’s point mostly said he don’t wanna see old niggas talk about destructive lifestyles

Which infers its okay from younger artists

So I mean nothing gonna change anyways under that precedent

No what’s lazy is straddling the fence.

nothing lazy about understanding things have nuance and how everything isnt black and white when it comes to a debate but coo

Ah.. we're getting somewhere.. the artists are going to make the music regardless if it gets heard or not. Point fingers at the people making it be heard... punch UP

There was a time in the early 2000s around when kanye came out when you had to be on the female tip. You had to make Pro female music to get heard and be on the radio. And guess what, niggas adapted. The machine ultimately controls what's being heard.

Punches can go in both directions. Its not an either/or situation

Idk how you read what I said and still asked me this lol

I said the fans are to blame and ultimately change doesn’t need to be pushed to happen since this artform won’t be around much longer anyways
So you could've said what you said without including no one knows Dee1 when in fact a lot of people know and are familiar with him and his music

You tried to diminish his pov cause he's "unknown"

Ehhh Dee 1’s point mostly said he don’t wanna see old niggas talk about destructive lifestyles

The bold is where I disagree. If the young niggas is being young niggas.. coo.. but if the old niggas still tryna act and sound like the young niggas.. It's all fucked up. Balance is needed

So you could've said what you said without including no one knows Dee1 when in fact a lot of people know and are familiar with him and his music

You tried to diminish his pov cause he's "unknown"
I hate to break it to you but you just saying anything and assuming

Fair enough. They still need to pack their shit and go.

I'd say I can't wait for hip hop to go but they'll just find some other way to sell destructive lifestyles to the masses and call it expression.

The bold is where I disagree. If the young niggas is being young niggas.. coo.. but if the old niggas still tryna act and sound like the young niggas.. It's all fucked up. Balance is needed
Okay now let me ask..are all the old niggas street rappers?

Fair enough. They still need to pack their shit and go.

I'd say I can't wait for hip hop to go but they'll just find some other way to sell destructive lifestyles to the masses and call it expression.
Yeah probably

What you want is something that’s so big that can only be maybe achieved by the birth of a new genre where “destruction” isn’t cool or a selling point/hook to the listener

Which is possible

Back