Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED "Speaker" Dee-1 Calls Out Jim Jones, Rick Ross and Other Rappers

test
I mean I’m sorry but everybody ain’t Jay z and wants to rap about generational wealth. But Rick and meek should’ve dropped that album a minute ago. And I don’t think anybody under 30 is listening to him Jones

Dee 1 is dope, hes been putting out heat for years... One of the few rappers that still has that old skool N.O bouncy flow...

I get his point though, hes a 'christian' rapper so campaigns against violence and doesnt promote it... Handing out turkeys for Thanksgiving and toys at Christmas is irrelevant to the convo...

Gangsta rap has always had this dance with contradiction... Like we know it can be negative but we still listen to it...

Drill is generally too much for me and too negative, though I still listen to the odd song...

I feel his message,but also why as an adult can't I make music for adults?

Not my fault ppl let their kids listen to it.

I don't make music with kids in mind.

There just should be balance and balance is missing.

Everybody isn't good at rapping about positivity all the time if it's not true to their personality or not their gift.

Like I sound cheesy as hell trying to be Mr. preacher man rapper.Somebody else might be fire at that.

I feel his message,but also why as an adult can't I make music for adults?

Not my fault ppl let their kids listen to it.

I don't make music with kids in mind.

There just should be balance and balance is missing.

Everybody isn't good at rapping about positivity all the time if it's not true to their personality or not their gift.

Like I sound cheesy as hell trying to be Mr. preacher man rapper.Somebody else might be fire at that.
I just think at some point, you supposed to be in a place where you are so far removed from that lifestyle, how is it that you're still talking about it as if you're still active in it?

Nas just put out 6 projects that showed me it can be done

On the surface level dude got a point.

But the majority of us on this forum are too old to think Rap isnt a business first.

For folks like Ross, and Meek, and Jim, rapping is how they make their money. The found success with a certain subject matter and image and been making money doing that.

Telling them to rap another way and think of the message is cool until you realize you telling them to change how they got all their money.

I dont feel comfortable telling another man that.

What I will say is I appreciate Ross, Meek, and Jim giving back to the people if they have indeed given back like they said they did.

Last edited:
I just think at some point, you supposed to be in a place where you are so far removed from that lifestyle, how is it that you're still talking about it as if you're still active in it?

Nas just put out 6 projects that showed me it can be done
I didn't hear Ross and meek yet so can't speak on the subject matter of that project

LOL I'm not removed unfortunately,but as far as them,I think there's a few things going on

I can only give my opinion from the rapper's view.

If talking about those things get the money you gonna talk about those things because who doesn't need money?

Niggas done actually sold crack and been involved in things so expecting them to turn into these moral examples is odd to me .

Maybe they started off with more conscious topics but when the comp is bussin blickies and aiming the tec it puts you in a position to where just to keep up with the intensity you may choose to fight fire with fire.

Some ppl are in the environment where this subject matter is relatable.

I think the major difference is that more positive music isn't getting exposure and there's no balance and some of them just aren't that good ironically.

If anything this situation made Meek and Ross get more listens and got Dee's views/listens up

Jim gone do whatever Jim gotta do to keep computers putin and I think Dee mentioned him first.

I doubt anything comes of this.

I respect Dee 1 as a MC and person and he's been saying the same things his whole career so it's nothing new.

Thoughts and prayers

On the surface level dude got a poibt.

But the majority of us on this forum are too old to think Rap isnt a business first.

For folks like Ross, and Meek, and Jim, rapping is how they make their money. The found success with a certain subject matter and image and been making money doing that.

Telling them to rap another way and think of the message is cool until you realize you telling them to change how they got all their money.

What I will say is I appreciate Ross, Meek, and Jim giving back to the people if they have indeed given back like they said they did.
I clearly acknowledge rap is a business. And I agree with your overall sentiment but damn, can there be some balance?

But I guess for me, at this point in my life, I naturally gravitate to the artists who are making the kinda music I want to listen to

Just mentioned Nas and his run with hit boy. You getting the other side of the street stuff and talking about more introspective life content.

I just think both Ross and Jones jumped out there way too quick with their responses

I clearly acknowledge rap is a business. And I agree with your overall sentiment but damn, can there be some balance?

But I guess for me, at this point in my life, I naturally gravitate to the artists who are making the kinda music I want to listen to

Just mentioned Nas and his run with hit boy. You getting the other side of the street stuff and talking about more introspective life content.

I just think both Ross and Jones jumped out there way too quick with their responses
They gonna make money off responding and it promotes their project.

Bro imma need you to clarify that for me.

You don't feel comfortable critiquing or admonishing someone for their behavior or actions... simply because it may be lucrative for them?

:huh2:

I dont disagree with you fam.

Im just saying its tough to tell a mfer with a fan base to something that goes what made his fans fans.

I cant talk bout Nas cause hes such an outlier. Its only Nas thats been able to evolve like this and still be important musically

Back