Welcome To aBlackWeb

SOME ABW Men apparently diss black women: thread about passport bros again

There's a guy on Youtube named Medium Man. I watch his videos from time to time. What I like is that he takes claims directed at Black men and uses stats to show how those claims are wrong. That's good. The problem I have with him is that he feeds into the gender war shit a little too much. Instead of just knocking down false information about Black men and leaving it at that. He likes to paint Black women as they are the enemy. He never acknowledges that the majority of black women aren't out there spreading around negative propaganda about Black men.
There's a youtuber name pink mahogany who does the same thing. She's does a really good job of breaking down a myth, but her solution at the end of her videos is always divesting. Which really isn't really a solution at all...

Because why is only "positive" image of black men have to be when they are in suits? It plays into respectability politics...

I understand that.

The problem is that it wasn't the perspective that those women in the video (and other videos I've seen) were arguing.

It wasn't about respectability politics at all.

They were basically saying:

"Look at those clown ass niggas wearing suits...........what are they trying to prove?"

It came across like they were actually mad at those men for wearing suits.

Nothing respectable about that at all.

More toxic than anything else.

The suit shit is corny. Their whole thing is "change the narrative". Now I've seen them say their outreach extends beyond the videos which is cool and we need more Black men taking time out to do that but they need to show that. Only thing they seem to promote is the suit videos. And wearing a suit ain't never stopped people from viewing Black men as dangerous. So yeah it comes off as just a photo shoot and nothing more.

Why is that something to complain about though?

Clowning men for wearing suits???

Suits???

View attachment 1244933

I mean, what are we doing here?

View attachment 1244934

It's not clowning them for wearing suits; Black men do that in corporate America all the time. It's about it being JUST a photo op and video moment. With all the shit going on, these niggas went out hit the barber for a fresh cut and a shave and threw on some borderline pimp suits to stand in a line lookin' goofy for the camera.

It's not clowning them for wearing suits; Black men do that in corporate America all the time. It's about it being JUST a photo op and video moment. With all the shit going on, these niggas went out hit the barber for a fresh cut and a shave and threw on some borderline pimp suits to stand in a line lookin' goofy for the camera.
Mann if it's goofy let them niggaz be goofy and corny in peace. I wouldn't even spare them a glance much less to have a whole segment of conversation about it on a podcast

Mann if it's goofy let them niggaz be goofy and corny in peace. I wouldn't even spare them a glance much less to have a whole segment of conversation about it on a podcast

Yeah, I get that and agree it didn't have to be a part of that podcast. Shit I've been keeping my thoughts on the shit to myself for a hot minute even while seeing them videos posted here. The only reason why I'm even saying anything now is 'cause it came up in this convo.

Bruh it’s women lol we in the age of shit talking the other gender. It’s some women somewhere getting fly putting out a positive image and they getting talked about too

I think the origin of the convo was about the bm of one guy in the video who blasted him as a deadbeat. Like he's in this video trying to portray this image yet he's not taking care of his responsibilities...

Lebron and JR Smith clip.gif

That's what I don't get.

Why do so many people have a problem with this.

People in here saying it was nothing but a photo op.

Ok, let's go with that.

It was nothing but a photo-op.

So.........niggas can't have photo ops now???

It's like we can't win either way.

Damned if you do , damned if you don't.

Last edited:
I understand that.

The problem is that it wasn't the perspective that those women in the video (and other videos I've seen) were arguing.

It wasn't about respectability politics at all.

They were basically saying:

"Look at those clown ass niggas wearing suits...........what are they trying to prove?"

It came across like they were actually mad at those men for wearing suits.

Nothing respectable about that at all.

More toxic than anything else.

Actually, to be fair, the chicks in the video posted here did make a similar point. They said that the video made it seem like black men could only be respectable in suits and, it kinda shitted on blue collar workers who don't wear suits to go to the job. I don't think photo op was worth criticizing, but some women did knock it for respectability reasons.

Actually, to be fair, the chicks in the video posted here did make a similar point. They said that the video made it seem like black men could only be respectable in suits and, it kinda shitted on blue collar workers who don't wear suits to go to the job. I don't think photo op was worth criticizing, but some women did knock it for respectability reasons.
Keeping yourself well kept and not having your ass all up is a good sign though

Bruh, I work a professional job and don't have my ass all up (I'm not even sure what that means in the context of men lo), and I haven't worn a suit in more than a decade.

The point being made is that putting on a suit isn't the end all or be all of anything.

Yeah, it's funny when you look at the things that people have problems with.............and compare it to the things they're cool with.

It's........"let everybody cook"..........when it comes to these female rappers/entertainers pushing thot/whore culture on young girls who look up to them.

But we can't have black men wearing suits in photo ops.

In the words of @Young_Chitlin :

Absolute Cinema pic.jpeg

lol @ a random shitty podcast take turning to "we cant have nothin!" "we cant even wear suits yall!"

everybody fuckin relax

Why you doin't that? It wasn't one podcast. When that video popped up, it was flooded with negative comments and there were tons of response vids and social media posts trashing it. Ya'll can say people are overreacting without exaggerating and acting like people are responding to two negative comments.

Back