Welcome To aBlackWeb

SOME ABW Men apparently diss black women: thread about passport bros again

Photo op is corny… True.

But, at the same time (BLACK) men just can’t win.

If it woulda been a buncha dudes dressed like “Pookie & Ray-Ray”, they woulda called’em dusty.

They dress in suits, it’s lame and corny.

No-win situation.
I can't front. Every time I see those videos of niggas suited and booted just standing in a line I'm like "For what???"

It'd be different if that was their everyday apparel, but y'all niggas did this shit for a photo op and a slow motion video and nothing more.

cropped-shutterstock-2219335147-huge-licensed-scaled-1.jpg

Let's not get lost that one of the first parts of the clip was then discussing a woman saying her child's father was at that event but couldn't be bothered to take her son to a party or whatever she said

That then took the conversation to another place imo

But that aside, black men can win and are winning and for 24,I would like for all of us to stop taking these lil clips and assigning them to all men.

Let's let corny shit be corny and keep it at that

I get what you're saying, but here's the problem. You can say you're going to ignore the shit, but when people are flooded with misinformation constantly, it's hard not to be affected by it. Why are negative stereotypes about black people in general so widely believed? Because the media and politicians and other forces have been pushing those stereotypes unchecked for decades.

Like some of you have said, a photo with dudes wearing suits as a contrast to the "thug" image that is usually portrayed shouldn't have been a big deal. At best it's a more positive image to counteract the flood of negative images out there. At worst, it's a goofy photo op. It is a bit problematic that something so simple would receive so much negative response.

Last edited:
I can't front. Every time I see those videos of niggas suited and booted just standing in a line I'm like "For what???"

It'd be different if that was their everyday apparel, but y'all niggas did this shit for a photo op and a slow motion video and nothing more.

But, at least you didn’t take time outta your day to make a video clowning these dudes.

Seriously, of all the things to criticize.

These chicks must be miserable.

And for the chick to be claiming her baby-daddy was in the photo op, but he couldn’t take their son to a party (or whatever), that’s HER problem.

She picked him. She chose to start a family with this man.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying, but here's the problem. You can say you're going to ignore the shit, but when people are flooded with misinformation constantly, it's hard not to be affected by it. Why are negative stereotypes about black people in general so widely believed? Because the media and politicians and other forces have been pushing those stereotypes unchecked for decades.

Like some of you have said, a photo with dudes wearing suits as a contrast to the "thug" image that is usually portrayed shouldn't have been a big deal. At best it's a more positive image to counteract the flood of negative images out there. At worst, it's a goofy photo op. It is a bit problematic that something so simple would receive so much negative response.
Fair points

I guess I'm just at a place where I know social media is really just the loud minority running rampant.

The way things can just take off so fast from just one or two people who think alike has become well this must be true cause it was on SM. An overwhelming majority of these situations are in vacuums and echo chambers

Brazil is a pretty cool place to visit. Idk about the sex tourism part but the people and the scenery are cool and yea parts are dangerous but that's everywhere.

Fair points

I guess I'm just at a place where I know social media is really just the loud minority running rampant.

The way things can just take off so fast from just one or two people who think alike has become well this must be true cause it was on SM. An overwhelming majority of these situations are in vacuums and echo chambers

You're 100% right. The problem is that the way all these social media and internet sites are set up, the voices of that loud minority is blown up. It's not even new though. I mean how many of us actually believed the Deadbeat Dad mythos when associated with black men. When the CDC released their numbers showing that black men are the most involved in their children's lives, that was probably a shock to everybody who saw it. Unfortunately, lies travel faster than truth, so once some bullshit starts circulating, it's hard to put it in check.

Bruh that’s all I’m saying. Like again I get the need for positive black male image but a suit walk is not the way lol

You're 100% right. The problem is that the way all these social media and internet sites are set up, the voices of that loud minority is blown up. It's not even new though. I mean how many of us actually believed the Deadbeat Dad mythos when associated with black men. When the CDC released their numbers showing that black men are the most involved in their children's lives, that was probably a shock to everybody who saw it. Unfortunately, lies travel faster than truth, so once some bullshit starts circulating, it's hard to put it in check.

Same as the long believed "there's more Black men in prison than college" myth that folks grew up hearing. It's the worst form of confirmation bias and social media has made it worse. People will see 1 or 2 comments and turn it into "they all feel this way" despite blatant evidence to the contrary. Thankfully clowning people for being chronically online and only forming their opinions that way are being crowned more openly.

Same as the long believed "there's more Black men in prison than college" myth that folks grew up hearing. It's the worst form of confirmation bias and social media has made it worse. People will see 1 or 2 comments and turn it into "they all feel this way" despite blatant evidence to the contrary. Thankfully clowning people for being chronically online and only forming their opinions that way are being crowned more openly.

There's a guy on Youtube named Medium Man. I watch his videos from time to time. What I like is that he takes claims directed at Black men and uses stats to show how those claims are wrong. That's good. The problem I have with him is that he feeds into the gender war shit a little too much. Instead of just knocking down false information about Black men and leaving it at that. He likes to paint Black women as they are the enemy. He never acknowledges that the majority of black women aren't out there spreading around negative propaganda about Black men.

There's a guy on Youtube named Medium Man. I watch his videos from time to time. What I like is that he takes claims directed at Black men and uses stats to show how those claims are wrong. That's good. The problem I have with him is that he feeds into the gender war shit a little too much. Instead of just knocking down false information about Black men and leaving it at that. He likes to paint Black women as they are the enemy. He never acknowledges that the majority of black women aren't out there spreading around negative propaganda about Black men.

And what people on both sides of that seem to not realize is that you won't get whatever point across to the "other side" if you paint them that way. That's why I said some folks seemingly want to believe the worst and they can't handle it when their pov doesn't match up with reality. So in turn they get deeper into the internet/social media shit because that's where they find their validation both good and bad.

For me, I'ma try and stop commenting on white people and their activities

They aren't the moral standard when it comes to anything

Idc if this was a clip of white men and what they're reaction would've been. I think we need to stop playing in whataboutism when it comes to white people. It's going to be challenging but I think we can
This

I gate when it’s brought up but then down played when it’s time for accountability

Back