Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should Eddie Murphy apologize for his old jokes?

And which jokes was that. Again, gimme an example of a joke that we all used to think was funny that isn't funny anymore.

You're in a thread based on an interview, where the apology for the joke is discussed, yet you need me to tell you what joke it was?

Most of you should actually read the interview, or at least the part that I quoted from it.

You're in a thread based on an interview, where the apology for the joke is discussed, yet you need me to tell you what joke it was?

There is no specific joke referenced in the portion you quoted and I don't have access to the NYT. We can talk in circles about not reading all we want. I asked for a specific joke that used to be funny but isn't funny anymore. 2 pages ago. Everyone can talk in circles, ask questions about if niggas read, etc.

But none of that answers my very specific question. So...

Again, gimme an example of a joke that we all used to think was funny that isn't funny anymore.

There is no specific joke referenced in the portion you quoted and I don't have access to the NYT. We can talk in circles about not reading all we want. I asked for a specific joke that used to be funny but isn't funny anymore. 2 pages ago. Everyone can talk in circles, ask questions about if niggas read, etc.

But none of that answers my very specific question. So...

Again, gimme an example of a joke that we all used to think was funny that isn't funny anymore.
From Eddie or in general?

Gimme an example of a joke that we all used to think was funny that isn't funny anymore.

That will never happen because "funny" is always subjective so "we all used to think was funny" is a loaded question but I can very easily give an example of jokes that used to be acceptable that aren't anymore w/o facing serious backlash...look at the way folks react to those that defend blackface as "jokes that were ok at the time so why are people making a big deal now" that happens everytime some famous white person pops up w/ an old black face picture or racist joke?

I don't know about "we all" but blackface was pretty common back in the day and got a lot of laughs. Nowadays... not so much.

We're talking about stand up comedy here. I mean an actual joke that a nigga said on stage that was funny back in the day that isn't funny now.

And blackface was never funny. And the racist white folks who thought it was funny back in the day still think its funny now.

That will never happen because "funny" is always subjective so "we all used to think was funny" is a loaded question but I can very easily give an example of jokes that used to be acceptable that aren't anymore w/o facing serious backlash...look at the way folks react to those that defend blackface as "jokes that were ok at the time so why are people making a big deal now" that happens everytime some famous white person pops up w/ an old black face picture or racist joke?

Let's make it not subjective then. Let's use YOU as the baseline. Can You tell me a joke that YOU thought was funny back in the day but that YOU don't think is funny anymore.

I'm just curious. Legitimately.

We're talking about stand up comedy here. I mean an actual joke that a nigga said on stage that was funny back in the day that isn't funny now.

And blackface was never funny. And the racist white folks who thought it was funny back in the day still think its funny now.

The same way niggas trying to ride for Eddie Murphy still think those jokes he told are funny now too...and you want a specific example go look at Louis CK and any masturbation joke he made which he has tons. Them shits have an entirely different context now that we know this nigga was on some real life creep shit

Let's make it not subjective then. Let's use YOU as the baseline. Can You tell me a joke that YOU thought was funny back in the day but that YOU don't think is funny anymore.

I'm just curious. Legitimately.

Sure I can do that. I used to think Eddie Griffin and Katt Williams standups was funny as hell until I actually got older and had read more things and been exposed to more things so now looking back at some of their jokes them shits come off like just wild ass conspiracy theories. I still think they're both funny as comedians but those jokes just don't hit the same anymore because I would hear them and think "he's just talking shit there's actual legit answers to some of this shit". See Griffin's jokes about how the pyramid's were built or Katt Williams jokes about pretty much anything from 06-2010

Back