Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should Eddie Murphy apologize for his old jokes?

He shouldn't but you you know when he put out a new project those old jokes will come up just like it happened to Kevin Hart

This was my first thought. I read he was trying to go back to stand-up, so I'm guessing this is his way of trying to get in front of that inevitable backlash.

No not at all. It goes without saying some of them jokes is cringe now. No need to make it a big deal.

I mean, apologies are for people who did something they regret and want to make amends for. So it don't really matter if WE think he should apologize.

That's true. If he's truly sorry for the jokes, then it's big of him to apologize. Do any of us believe that he actually is though?

That's true. If he's truly sorry for the jokes, then it's big of him to apologize. Do any of us believe that he actually is though?

My question would be why WOULDN'T you think he's sorry. Not saying he is or isn't, but for everyone saying that he isn't, I don't know what that is based on. You read the article? Everything in it makes sense.

Eddie is 58 years old. I don't know a single nigga that age who wasn't aware that they didn't know a gotdamn thing 35 years ago and prolly said and did some things that they regret. I just feel like we gotta stop assigning motives and feelings to other people based on how WE feel. Reading the article, it sounds like he was a nigga who was feeling himself because he knew he was the young, hot, funny nigga in Hollywood who could do no wrong, but didn't know shit about life or have any life experiences to draw on so he picked the lowest hanging fruit and made mean-spirited jokes about gay niggas.

I dunno, man.

Back