Welcome To aBlackWeb

Seriously though, why do so many black men encourage women to get diabetes, hypertension and all the horrible diseases just to look thick?

But women are taking drugs to increase their appetite just to gain weight, so there really is a dark side to the celebration of thickness.

@Sony Montana I just remembered ANOTHER example which was Uchemba talking about how she felt pressured to keep gaining weight cos she was getting sexual attention, but inside she was depressed af and also getting physically unhealthy, so she finally decided to love herself and lose it.
looking-down-let-down.gif

Back inna day, fit women were "in style", so to speak. We came off that whole Jane Fonda Workout era and into the 90's chicks with ass but were still in good shape were more celebrated than anything.

The era of the "video vixen" in rap videos and, subsequently, early social media (Black Planet, Migente, Friendster, Myspace) is where you started to see thicker and thicker women moving to the forefront and fit/athletic chicks getting pushed out of the spotlight... At least for Black folks. The era of ass really started with Jennifer Lopez, and kicked into high gear with early internet "models" like Latin Spice, etc and sites like onionbooty.com, asswatcher.com, and the like just pushed it all even further out front.

So men were the catalyst 'cause of what we were seeing back inna day,

... But that was 20 years ago or more. Folks trying to get in shape again, so natural bodies and gym sculpted bodies are becoming the focal point like it was in the 80's and 90's. Shit goes in cycles and I guess some women just haven't got the memo just yet.

Back inna day, fit women were "in style", so to speak. We came off that whole Jane Fonda Workout era and into the 90's chicks with ass but were still in good shape were more celebrated than anything.

The era of the "video vixen" in rap videos and, subsequently, early social media (Black Planet, Migente, Friendster, Myspace) is where you started to see thicker and thicker women moving to the forefront and fit/athletic chicks getting pushed out of the spotlight... At least for Black folks. The era of ass really started with Jennifer Lopez, and kicked into high gear with early internet "models" like Latin Spice, etc and sites like onionbooty.com, asswatcher.com, and the like just pushed it all even further out front.

So men were the catalyst 'cause of what we were seeing back inna day,

... But that was 20 years ago or more. Folks trying to get in shape again, so natural bodies and gym sculpted bodies are becoming the focal point like it was in the 80's and 90's. Shit goes in cycles and I guess some women just haven't got the memo just yet.
No. I recognise it comes in cycles. Like I said I was just having fun with this thread. I wasn’t attempting to delve into cultural studies or sociology. Lol.

I think some people are confused at your thread because the very first word in the title is "serious", but you are saying you dont want a serious discussion. You are just in it for laughs. Most on here dont read. Some only read just the titles to things. So you are gonna have that majority come in here just based off the title and not the post within the thread. There are some that read it all.

I think some people are confused at your thread because the very first word in the title is "serious", but you are saying you dont want a serious discussion. You are just in it for laughs. Most on here dont read. Some only read just the titles to things. So you are gonna have that majority come in here just based off the title and not the post within the thread. There are some that read it all.
Man that makes so much sense cos I noticed one person who very clearly did not read the post within the thread cos he was asking me a question I answered within the thread already.

Back