Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

But he didn’t know that. She’s had a low cut most of her career.

Quite possibly because of her openly discussed medical condition.

Let me also say I didn't know she alopecia until yesterday as quite a few others. I also found yesterday that she's openly said she had alopecia quite a few years ago.

Both things can be true.

There's an article on it in the Detroit Free Press today. A lot of what he says can be directly applied to the microcosm that is ABW and, specifically, this thread.

I don't really think it's that deep to be honest. Whenever, it comes down to a celebrity, the bulk of the battle is almost always between fans and haters. This isn't some kinda debate about principles within the black community because a lot of these people would change almost everything they are saying if the white boy that Rock roasted before was the one to slap him instead of Will.

You need to keep practicing using your words...maybe comprehension too. Because all you're saying has nothing to do with what me and others are saying about everyone having a personal line they don't want crossed. The whole "nothing makes me mad" shit ain't really the show of strength you think it is. It's quite the opposite actually.

I am saying people who get mad over jokes and roasts and lash out in anger ain't tough. It isn't commendable, it's childish behavior.

This whole, " Nobody better not say shit to offend me or I'ma get violent" is fake tough shit. It means you soft. Especially if nobody indicated a threat of violence behind the words and especially if it's a joke.

Because when people run up on the wrong one and get the beats on them or worse, end up dead, then people gonna call the entire situation stupid.

Words ain't ever gonna get me to risk my life over no dumbshit. My life is more important than whatever someone can say to me.

Plus I am grown ass old ass man, I am the pass the age of running around with my pistol, feeling tough and thinking I'ma shoot someone to prove how tough I am. Or I'ma stab someone to prove how tough I am.

People that act like that end up dead or in jail and look stupid 99 percent of time.

I am saying people who get mad over jokes and roasts and lash out in anger ain't tough. It isn't commendable, it's childish behavior.

This whole, " Nobody better not say shit to offend me or I'ma get violent" is fake tough shit. It means you soft. Especially if nobody indicated a threat of violence behind the words and especially if it's a joke.

Because when people run up on the wrong one and get the beats on them or worse, end up dead, then people gonna call the entire situation stupid.

Words ain't ever gonna get me to risk my life over no dumbshit. My life is more important than whatever someone can say to me.

Plus I am grown ass old ass man, I am the pass the age of running around with my pistol, feeling tough and thinking I'ma shoot someone to prove how tough I am. Or I'ma stab someone to prove how tough I am.

People that act like that end up dead or in jail and look stupid 99 percent of time.

What you're trying to equate to being tough is simply just people establishing their boundaries. To pretend as if nobody has them.or should have them or shouldn't react to them being crossed is not only stupid it's not realistic at all. It's not even about reacting violently because you don't need to react violently to let somebody know what they can and can't say about you or you loved ones. But to say anyone who reacts in general to being offended is somehow soft or weak because they didn't chuckle along is setting someone up for a bad interaction when they do cross that line and somebody branding themselves a comic don't get a pass for that

I'll be honest. I didn't know there were a bunch black people who thought it was ok to get mad over jokes. Where I'm from, the joking was vicious. You came up either learning how to give what you got or how to duck out before you became a target. Some people would get mad and want to fight, but they were almost always looked at as the chumps.

It wasn't until I started posting on here that I saw people who basically bragged about wanting to get physical over jokes. Maybe it's a regional thing. Most of the people I know and associate with are from the Southeast (MD, VA, Carolinas, GA, and FL), and we all came up the same way when it comes to this. I swear, after elementary school where I'm from, if you were the type to fight over jokes, you would have been fighting every day.

I'll be honest. I didn't know there were a bunch black people who thought it was ok to get mad over jokes. Where I'm from, the joking was vicious. You came up either learning how to give what you got or how to duck out before you became a target. Some people would get mad and want to fight, but they were almost always looked at as the chumps.

It wasn't until I started posting on here that I saw people who basically bragged about wanting to get physical over jokes. Maybe it's a regional thing. Most of the people I know and associate with are from the Southeast (MD, VA, Carolinas, GA, and FL), and we all came up the same way when it comes to this. I swear, after elementary school where I'm from, if you were the type to fight over jokes, you would have been fighting every day.

Then people grew up, got older, and realized "damn maybe I don't have to just sit and laugh when I'm insulted. Maybe I can actually say I don't fuck with those jokes". Seriously comparing how children respond to jokes vs how adults do never makes sense at all. There's an entire world of difference and life that goes into those reactions...and also many of those kids who were joked on and didn't say shit weren't actually ok with it then either they probably just couldnt or didnt know how to express it. That's evidenced by...the amount of adults you say you run into who say they would fight over the wrong joke.

Then people grew up, got older, and realized "damn maybe I don't have to just sit and laugh when I'm insulted. Maybe I can actually say I don't fuck with those jokes". Seriously comparing how children respond to jokes vs how adults do never makes sense at all. There's an entire world of difference and life that goes into those reactions...and also many of those kids who were joked on and didn't say shit weren't actually ok with it then either they probably just couldnt or didnt know how to express it. That's evidenced by...the amount of adults you say you run into who say they would fight over the wrong joke.

lol Who said it stopped as kids? Niggas still go in to this day. Not to the same degree because we aren't kids anymore, but the principles haven't changed.

And again, I don't run into many adults who say they would fight over jokes anywhere but on here.

To be clear, we're just talking about simple roasting and not purposeful mean spirited shit. Like if you knew a person's mother was in the hospital in critical condition, and you decided to hit him with a buncha mama jokes, you would have gotten your ass whooped. I think that kinda thing is universal.

I didn't know it was a bunch of Black people that gloated about how violent they wanna get over jokes too.

Where I am from, that's pussy shit. All that is gonna do is make us joke on you harder and 9 times out of 10 you ain't gonna do shit. And if you do shit, we still gonna make fun of you because you getting mad is funny too. And we gonna make fun of whoever you beat up, and if you loss we gonna make fun of you.

You either got your jokes up and you found someone else to hang out with.

Like when has broadcasting you have thin skin become a virtue or a bragging right?

To me that's like saying you have a little dick. Or your pussy stank.

So all this joking was it amongst friends or just any random person yall saw?

Cause I was born, raised and still live in DC. Folks learned early to leave people the fuck alone who ain't playing along or saying shit out your mouth to people you don't know cause shit could lead to people not making it back home.

What the internet showed me was some strange thing of people thinking its ok to joke and fuck with complete strangers and it's ok because it's just jokes. You know what else the internet also showed me, people still getting fucked up everyday for fucking with complete strangers cause everybody ain't out here playing around.

Back