Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

While fucked up, most people see it as a 1v1. He chose to not retaliate so any hard feelings are on him, not the general audience.

Nobody standing up for him when it was a 1v1.

There's that but I also think it hurt him to see he's not as loved as he thought he was in the Black community. And you see that happen with some comics when they embrace the identity of being a comic more than being Black. Chappelle is toeing close to that line too if he keeps up with the "woe is me I can't say what I want" stand up specials

There's that but I also think it hurt him to see he's not as loved as he thought he was in the Black community. And you see that happen with some comics when they embrace the identity of being a comic more than being Black. Chappelle is toeing close to that line too if he keeps up with the "woe is me I can't say what I want" stand up specials
I think he’s still loved. He just needs to stop equating people’s indifference to the situation with a lack of love for him. Niggas just don’t care to take sides apart from just saying it was fucked up what Will did. It was a moment and the moment has passed.

I think he’s still loved. He just needs to stop equating people’s indifference to the situation with a lack of love for him. Niggas just don’t care to take sides apart from just saying it was fucked up what Will did. It was a moment and the moment has passed.

I agree...but comics are weird people.

The most interesting thing to me is the reactions among the Black community vs the overall comedy community. Most Black folks are like "We still fucking with Will Smith"...and that seems to be killing Chris Rock and Tony Rock whenever he talks about it. They can't seem to believe so many people still love Will so much
I read somewhere Rob Schneider, who was on the committee that penalized Will Smith, had a lot of negative things to say shout Will. No one in that room did anything to stop Will, they shouldn't be talking now.

I read somewhere Rob Schneider, who was on the committee that penalized Will Smith, had a lot of negative things to say shout Will. No one in that room did anything to stop Will, they shouldn't be talking now.

He did. Couple weeks ago befor3 BB4 dropped he was on a show saying he thinks Will is fake and an asshole but he was too scared to speak out about til now after the Chris Rock incident.

Back