Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

How is it foul?

I just don't believe she has it.

seriously.gif

Honestly, I agree with you. A lot of the comedians that whine about this shit simply aren't skilled enough to do that type of comedy well, so they just say mean shit and get mad when there is a bad response. Still, comedy is subjective, so what's corny to one person might not be to someone else.

I honestly don't think this is a good case for your point though. Chris Rock's joke was mild. I'm not saying that Jada didn't have the right to be offended. I'm just saying that he didn't go for her throat or anything. And if he didn't know about the alopecia, then there was no edge to the joke at all, it was simply an acknowledgement that she was rocking a bald head. So when that joke in particular elicits that kinda response, some legit comedians are going to be rubbed the wrong way too.

Nah, I ain't ok with that. That's the shit that should get someone popped in the mouth.

I already said I personally don't think his joke was that harsh in a vacuum. However looking at the total context then what would normally be a light joke might have more meaning in that moment. I heard somebody say "Chris Rock found the wrong person on the right day." Meaning any other day that joke might have passed but that day was just the straw that broke the camels back.

Her faking having the illness is exactly like that time in the wire....

When avon asked prop joe why he was wearing a suit to coach a hood basketball game. Prop said "look the part. Be the part."

Yall canning Tamborine special...and i get it smh

But, to be fair, i saw it live and the execution and organization of the material was way better than how it got chopped up and condensed into netflix....they fucked it up. Even neutered it to an extent...he was way more raunchy (pause) at least at the performance I attended.He didn't even say anything about a damn tamborine at the show i saw...the live closing was much stronger

Interesting to compare the 2...and see it go through a corporate filter

To each their own!

Back