Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

But I'm not arguing that point. I concede that people were digging into their business and creating their own narratives. I'm saying that none of that really necessitating them opening up the way they did and none of that changes the fact that when you invite people into your lives, you also invite their opinions.

Yes you do invite all of that...what I'm saying is that to say that reaction was based on just the past year or so and not everything else that led up to the decision to be more open is intentionally ignoring things just to keep up the "Will did this so Jada won't keep trying him in public" bullshit

You right man. I forget you live in one of those Marvel multiverses where Will Smith is really Hancock and Jada is really Lyric....
Cut it out, you don't have to be a super hero to know a nigga said some foul shit about your lady and to do something.

So you change all context and details and make a completely new situation and then ask if the reaction would be the exact same...that makes sense.
No I didn’t, I gave the exact same context and details but set it in a neutral environment with nameless people to see if peoples’ opinions would be the same.

The fact you see it as different says a lot about your lack of objectivity in this situation.

Yea. When I first heard about I thought HE WENT IN.

But after hearing the joke, I was like meh. Thats why I believe its more than just that joke but its everything else and you can just add the joke

It was never about the joke. At all. Clearly. It was about how that joke made his wife feel. He could've made the same joke and if she had laughed it off, he wouldn't have felt the need to go all Rick James on niggas.

She felt how she felt and he did what he did.

But I'm not arguing that point. I concede that people were digging into their business and creating their own narratives. I'm saying that none of that really necessitating them opening up the way they did and none of that changes the fact that when you invite people into your lives, you also invite their opinions.

People were making up narratives for years long before Will and Jada started opening up and sharing about their marriage.

Yes you do invite all of that...what I'm saying is that to say that reaction was based on just the past year or so and not everything else that led up to the decision to be more open is intentionally ignoring things just to keep up the "Will did this so Jada won't keep trying him in public" bullshit

Oh, ok well that's not what I was saying. I think he did get out some rage that had been building for as long as he's been dealing with the bullshit. I also believe he did it to prove something to Jada, and that's the part that I feel is weak.

Punching someone to defend your wife and punching someone to prove to your wife that you are a protector or real man are not the same thing.

People were making up narratives for years long before Will and Jada started opening up and sharing about their marriage.

I believe ya'll when you say that. I think we all can agree that people are too damn nosey when it comes to other people's personal business.

Let’s take all of the celebrities out of the equation.

Ok, say you in a comedy club and dude is going around joking on everybody and you and your lady laughing. Your lady has a low Caesar cut and the comedian comes around to her and says “you auditioning for GI Jane 2? lol”

You laugh a little because the nigga joking everybody and it seems innocent but your wife is pissed.

Are you running up on stage and slapping the comedian? Or are you telling her to chill out because it wasn’t that serious?

Women can and will be wrong and it’s up to you to correct her. And it’s up to them do the same for us.
If I feel like that's what it's gonna take to get my point across this ain't the woman to come at then yup. But this ain't some random folks in a comedy club checking folks so it's irregardless

These are friends and acquaintances at a party and you stay finding a way to publicly bringing my wife name up 'jokingly' in these settings. As friend, this slap was a warning shot to let you know its up if you keep my wife in ya mouth

It is interesting that people say we don't get to tell someone how to feel about something yet we moderate and regulate children's feelings all the time to give them the appropriate response to things.

But all that shit goes out the window once a motherfucker reaches 18 and violence is an appropriate answer to non-violent, non-combative situations.

Humans really some civilized savages 😂.

Will shedding his "friendly fake image" aint nothing but a "MIDLIFE CRISIS"

Crazy how yall can watch Loki have an existential crisis at a metal detector but can't notice when Will Smith had one last nite.

Nigga prolly at the Mazda dealership kit'n out a Miata as we speak.

This is a miss. I respect the effort tho.

No I didn’t, I gave the exact same context and details but set it in a neutral environment with nameless people to see if peoples’ opinions would be the same.

The fact you see it as different says a lot about your lack of objectivity in this situation.

So me saying that your situation with random people who don't know each other vs a comic making jokes about someone who he's made jokes about in the past and has had actual real interactions with are the same? Those 2 things are the same to you?

At the end of the day y’all can’t tell that man how he should have handled it cuz y’all ain’t that man

If I feel like that's what it's gonna take to get my point across this ain't the woman to come at then yup. But this ain't some random folks in a comedy club checking folks so it's irregardless

These are friends and acquaintances at a party and you stay finding a way to publicly bringing my wife name up 'jokingly' in these settings. As friend, this slap was a warning shot to let you know its up if you keep my wife in ya mouth
Can anyone recall all these times Chris Rock has come at Jada? I don’t watch all of these shows so I can’t speak to it. And in these times is it unwarranted and out of place?

My pure specialization is that Jada may just be self absorbed and always feel singled out when niggas couldn’t really care less, lol.

I thought GI Jane looked great with the short hair. I myself didn't think it was a slander but that's just me

Like I said b4...I don't he knew about her condition.

But if he knew and STILL went on wit the joke...cold-blooded mayne.

Cut it out, you don't have to be a super hero to know a nigga said some foul shit about your lady and to do something.
He did something nigga. Did you not see the smack

But you mad cause he ain't do it in the split second you would have done it? You mad cause it took for him seeing how it effected to full grasp how hurt she was before he did or even reacted?

Stop putting your faults on him and let that nigga breathe

That’s true too. Since his reaction isn’t one that’s reasonable given the situation, or what we know about it, one could surmise there was other stimuli driving his actions, not just the joke.

Or... or... a mf was playing in his face and did something about it. Nothing more nothing less.

Not sure why yall want it to be that this brother is going through some kind of deep trauma and lashing out so bad. But ok.

Can anyone recall all these times Chris Rock has come at Jada? I don’t watch all of these shows so I can’t speak to it. And in these times is it unwarranted and out of place?

My pure specialization is that Jada may just be self absorbed and always feel singled out when niggas couldn’t really care less, lol.
From what people saying he hit at her when they butted heads about boycotting the oscars a couple years ago and now what happened last night

Back