Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

Let’s take all of the celebrities out of the equation.

Ok, say you in a comedy club and dude is going around joking on everybody and you and your lady laughing. Your lady has a low Caesar cut and the comedian comes around to her and says “you auditioning for GI Jane 2? lol”

You laugh a little because the nigga joking everybody and it seems innocent but your wife is pissed.

Are you running up on stage and slapping the comedian? Or are you telling her to chill out because it wasn’t that serious?

Women can and will be wrong and it’s up to you to correct her. And it’s up to them do the same for us.

Ok, say you in a comedy club and dude is going around joking on everybody and you and your lady laughing. Your lady has a low Caesar cut and the comedian comes around to her and says “you auditioning for GI Jane 2? lol”

You laugh a little because the nigga joking everybody and it seems innocent but your wife is pissed.

Are you running up on stage and slapping the comedian? Or are you telling her to chill out because it wasn’t that serious?

Women can and will be wrong and it’s up to you to correct her. And it’s up to them do the same for us.

I know there are a lot of Patrice O'neal fans on here. That dude stayed working the crowds. How many of these niggas would have run up on stage and punched him if he made a joke about their chicks?

Nope. Im not. I know whats popping off so I cant get mad when its my turn

We're not ready to have this conversation, but...that wasn't a mean spirited joke. I wouldn't even call that a 'diss'. Chris Rock made a joke about that niggas wife. Saying he 'dissed' her is a stretch, to me.

Yea. When I first heard about I thought HE WENT IN.

But after hearing the joke, I was like meh. Thats why I believe its more than just that joke but its everything else and you can just add the joke

Do you seem me on here claiming that Will and Jada are swingers or that they abused their kids? Like I said, I don't give a fuck about that shit. It's their lives. They can do what they want.

The only things I've commented on are the stuff that I've seen for myself, and again, it wasn't shit I sought out. It was basically shit that was all over the TV or all the talk at social functions that I attended or shit my wife was watching on her phone while we were on road trips. You say it's been a 20 year build-up. Ok, I take your word for it. My point is that their campaign of openness has been so pervasive that even those of us who have no real interest in their family dealings get exposed to it all.

And what I'm saying is the things that you're aware of aren't actually what happened but just the headlines that use out of context quotes that don't actually tell what's being said. I even gave an example in this thread about the last time people tried to make Jada Pinkett into some big bad boogeyman for simply saying she had to learn to be mlre vocal about what she wanted and offered a self critique about where she came up shoet and people turned that into "she's emasculated Will again". If that don't tell you people already have a built in narrative then...

You don't for sure know he went up there and slapped Chris because of any reaction jada had.

And regardless how he chose to react was for him, how you choose to react in that situation if you're faced with it is for you.

Yall can't gatekeep a mfs feelings.

The potential for that smoke is always there on both sides. Someone might talk shit and someone might smack the shit out of them. No one exempt.

THAT MAN SPITTIN!

Does anyone even know if Rock knew about Jada's condition?

This is a good question. And for me, it's less whether or not he knew about it and more whether or not he knew how she FELT about it. Cuz if I'm a comedian hosting the Oscars, and a well-known beautiful, Hollywood actress is bald and I can get a joke off about it based on her her filmography, I'ma do it.

But if I know specifically that she feels some kinda way about it and is super insecure about it and isn't light-hearted about it at all, I'ma steer clear.

But again, that's ME.

And what I'm saying is the things that you're aware of aren't actually what happened but just the headlines that use out of context quotes that don't actually tell what's being said. I even gave an example in this thread about the last time people tried to make Jada Pinkett into some big bad boogeyman for simply saying she had to learn to be mlre vocal about what she wanted and offered a self critique about where she came up shoet and people turned that into "she's emasculated Will again". If that don't tell you people already have a built in narrative then...

But I'm not arguing that point. I concede that people were digging into their business and creating their own narratives. I'm saying that none of that really necessitating them opening up the way they did and none of that changes the fact that when you invite people into your lives, you also invite their opinions.

You don't for sure know he went up there and slapped Chris because of any reaction jada had.

And regardless how he chose to react was for him, how you choose to react in that situation if you're faced with it is for you.

Yall can't gatekeep a mfs feelings.

The potential for that smoke is always there on both sides. Someone might talk shit and someone might smack the shit out of them. No one exempt.
There is a such thing as societal norms and reasonable response to stimuli.

So you change all context and details and make a completely new situation and then ask if the reaction would be the exact same...that makes sense.

Thank you.

Back