Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

Serious question. Is everyone in here who think Rock was wrong cool with that kind of comedy just cancelled or banned in general? I can respect people who look at roasting as bad across the board and would prefer it not be done ever. I can't respect people who love that shit until it's turned onto someone they like and then it becomes a problem.

How is this super thug??

We don't know but let's say its true and he went up there bc Jada gave him a look. Why is him following his wife lead in this instance bad thing? She's the offended party right?
Your wife shouldn't have to put a battery in your back for you to check a mf'er who disrespected her. Will should have been on that stage doing something before Jada even reacted

Serious question. Is everyone in here who think Rock was wrong cool with that kind of comedy just cancelled or banned in general? I can respect people who look at roasting as bad across the board and would prefer it not be done ever. I can't respect people who love that shit until it's turned onto someone they like and then it becomes a problem.

I don't mind roasting people who willingly participate...but I also think more comics do honestly need to be checked for saying foul shit and then trying to excuse it away as a joke. Words have consequences even jokes so you can't think you can say whatever you want about someone and then say "but I was just joking" if you cross their personal line.

I don't think theres many people that had a problem with rocks joke its more so that people respected will's response.

Yeah you've gotten alot of the timeline wrong. You skipped the past 15-20 or so years and just jumped to today lol. It don't even take alot of following it's just when someone been in the public eye that long you eventually hear the shit people say about them and for years upon years before they were actually more open about their lives the only thing was rumors about shit people thought they were doing and wild ass comments about their kids when they were still small children.

Yeah, I don't know about that. I do remember people saying wild shit about them because their kids were so weird, and even though I mostly agreed that their family in general seemed weird, I didn't really like the level to which they were being disparaged.

That said, none of that shit meant we had to hear Jada on air talking about cheating or basically admitting that she was still in love with Pac. Not everything needs to be shared even if you are trying combat pepole's bullshit.

I don't mind roasting people who willingly participate...but I also think more comics do honestly need to be checked for saying foul shit and then trying to excuse it away as a joke. Words have consequences even jokes so you can't think you can say whatever you want about someone and then say "but I was just joking" if you cross their personal line.

I can respect it.

I don't think theres many people that had a problem with rocks joke its more so that people respected will's response.

I agree when it comes to the discussion here. I was more asking in response to some of these tweets being posted that are trying to paint Rock as some vicious tormentor of Black women just because he told a joke about Jada (after a bunch of other jokes about other people).

Know what’s bad?

Will smacked Chris rock and we as a society talked about it for the rest of the awards show and then the entire night and now the entire morning about it

that will and Chris thing took up 2 and a half mins tops and yet

While the majority of us could never have the relationship Will/Jada have, the reason why August didn’t see hands is because Will ok’d their relationship. They have, or had?, and open relationship and gave permission. The only catch was not to catch feelings… so I’m not seeing why he should fight guys he permitted to be w his wife. It ain’t disrespect, it’s an open relationship.

The point here is that someone was out of line considering her medical condition. Him slapping CR was his response to the disrespect.

Will Smith was never cool, he was always the goofy class clown Black actor. Eddie Murphy was cool.

Now he's the Black Tom Cruise, a fucking weirdo, with weirdo kids and a weirdo wife, doing weirdo shit and he finally broke last night when he did it to himself by not keeping his household in order like a man should.

Now people wanna give him props for being a crash dummy last night.

Smh

Yeah, I don't know about that. I do remember people saying wild shit about them because their kids were so weird, and even though I mostly agreed that their family in general seemed weird, I didn't really like the level to which they were being disparaged.

That said, none of that shit meant we had to hear Jada on air talking about cheating or basically admitting that she was still in love with Pac. Not everything needs to be shared even if you are trying combat pepole's bullshit.

For as much as you claim not to know you've sure ingested many of the rumors and click bait headlines about Jada and Will. Many that if you actually listened to those clips in full when they come out you'd realize are often very badly misquoted and are written to continue the "Jada hates Will and wants to embarrass him" narrative thats so easy to ride with.

Which is why it's even wilder to think that frustration came from some jokes about a situation that had long been dealt with and not the continued disrespect of his wife and kids by people in the public

For as much as you claim not to know you've sure ingested many of the rumors and click bait headlines about Jada and Will. Many that if you actually listened to those clips in full when they come out you'd realize are often very badly misquoted and are written to continue the "Jada hates Will and wants to embarrass him" narrative thats so easy to ride with.

Which is why it's even wilder to think that frustration came from some jokes about a situation that had long been dealt with and not the continued disrespect of his wife and kids by people in the public

Do you seem me on here claiming that Will and Jada are swingers or that they abused their kids? Like I said, I don't give a fuck about that shit. It's their lives. They can do what they want.

The only things I've commented on are the stuff that I've seen for myself, and again, it wasn't shit I sought out. It was basically shit that was all over the TV or all the talk at social functions that I attended or shit my wife was watching on her phone while we were on road trips. You say it's been a 20 year build-up. Ok, I take your word for it. My point is that their campaign of openness has been so pervasive that even those of us who have no real interest in their family dealings get exposed to it all.

Back