Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

I don't know that many people in here are 'applauding'. The overall consensus seems to be 'I'm not saying he should have did it...but I understand.'. That's my take on it.
I disagree because I applaud Will. His wife felt disrespected and he did what he felt needed to be done to take the disrespect off of her. Was it right nope but I respect it. I also think Chris should beat the fuck out of Will or at least tired to beat his ass.

Alladis...but that part!!!👆

They're mad at Jada for Will's shit that HE'S COPPED TO! He has said NUMEROUS times...at the Red Table, no less, that Jada is justified in how she's felt over the years. Will takes ownership of his shit. If he's being "emasculated" and makes the grown man decision to stay, why Y'ALL mad at Jada for that?

Because niggas are more disappointed in Will Smith openly destroying the image of who they thought he was more than they want to admit. To them Will was The Fresh Prince. One of the epitomes of being cool. Now that image ain't there any they're disappointed and angry

Alladis...but that part!!!👆

They're mad at Jada for Will's shit that HE'S COPPED TO! He has said NUMEROUS times...at the Red Table, no less, that Jada is justified in how she's felt over the years. Will takes ownership of his shit. If he's being "emasculated" and makes the grown man decision to stay, why Y'ALL mad at Jada for that?

I'd agree that no one should be mad at Jada if Will likes sticking around for the emotional trauma.

That said, there is a difference between being "mad" at someone and disliking someone because of the character traits they've displayed and actions they've taken. I tend to think people put too much thought into these celebrities, but everyone is going to have an opinion on shit if it's put right in their faces.

Here we go with this "fair one" shit again.

We don't know what Will knew...he could've been ready for all the smoke last night. None of us were/are in that man's head. And who are you/any of us to dictate how Will or anyone else doles out violence? The slap was warranted IMO, a bitch slap for a bitch🤷‍♀️

Will can do what he wants but Im just saying, I dont like cheap shots and half hearted fights, if you chose that route then make it known...

He ran up on stage and slapped Chris knowing that there would be no physical repercussions... Chris had a mic in one hand and his hands behind his back, Will knew nothing was coming back...

I get why Will snapped though, its not just this incident but a culmination of being clowned for the last 2 years but it was still cheap shot... If Will was really that enraged about the joke he would had actually punched Chris not powderpuff slapped him...

Like I said, Will could had seen Chris backstage, addressed him and really thrown hands if he wanted... Had Will shouted out 'I'll see you backstage muthafcka' then Chris appears later with a swollen eye and cut lip I would be giving major props to Will for handling business...

lol the way people change their values and what they believe in on a day by day basis is hilarious

It is, Dave Chappelle can roast LGBT people for 3 specials straight, how dare they get upset and boycott him.

But Chris Rock makes fun of Jada's Caliou head and it deserves smoke.

I disagree because I applaud Will. His wife felt disrespected and he did what he felt needed to be done to take the disrespect off of her. Was it right nope but I respect it. I also think Chris should beat the fuck out of Will or at least tired to beat his ass.

You disagree with my take about the 'overall general consensus'....because YOU disagree? Do you know what 'overall general consensus' means?

This is the Twilight Zone.

Because niggas are more disappointed in Will Smith openly destroying the image of who they thought he was more than they want to admit. To them Will was The Fresh Prince. One of the epitomes of being cool. Now that image ain't there any they're disappointed and angry
I know what it is fr...I posed the question so those in the "Jada Hate Camp" can look inward lol

And what about my other question...about Jada...You skipped that one.

No one, Husband or wife, that embarrass you in public, like she did with that entanglement mess a few summers ago, deserve to be defended in public.

Now if Will did that out of his own ego, then that's on him but if any part of him did it for her benefit, then thats just a waste of energy.

I'm confused I see a lot posts talking about the material Chris Rock can have from this. WTF type of good material can a person have from being smacked in the face on global tv and doing absolutely nothing about it?

I really don't see how that could even be a thought in Chris Rock mind. No way to turn that into a positive thing or a joke where he doesn't look like a fucking sucka.
you do realize that comedians poked funs at themselves?

Will Smith was never cool, he was always the goofy class clown Black actor. Eddie Murphy was cool.

Now he's the Black Tom Cruise, a fucking weirdo, with weirdo kids and a weirdo wife, doing weirdo shit and he finally broke last night when he did it to himself by not keeping his household in order like a man should.

Now people wanna give him props for being a crash dummy last night.

Back