Welcome To aBlackWeb

Popular social media influencer Keith Lee has a unique experience in Atlanta

Why not talk about the.Bigger issue of people being paper chasers.. having no sense of responsibility community, appreciation $$over everything and that a huge part of the reason that businesses fail

There has to be substance, integrity and quality.
Needs a thread of its own.

This post here ….🔥

Recently went to a spot in Atl like last week…..wasn’t crowded , got our food, waitress were fine as fuck. Everything ok.

Then they tried to rush us out once they found out we wasn’t ordering more.
Again, wasn’t crowded.

We didn’t like that shit cuz it was no need.
That’s my only gripe

I think we should be careful of influencer intent too.

I read a while back how influencers were demanding free food and free stays and free vacations in exchange for reviews.

It got tk the point that a lot of people started turning them away.

I think reviews are helpful but I’ll always go to the bad reviews first when scoping something like a place to visit, eat or buy something. If all the bad shit aligns, then it might give me hesitation but won’t stop me. Otherwise, people can just be shitty to mess things up for someone else.

From what I’m hearing this dude ain’t like that…so imma give him a listen.

I remember one time me and my girl went to a black owned restaurant in Harlem that we had been a few times. Except this time they told us we couldn’t be seated for brunch cause brunch was ending at 4pm. It was 2:45pm when we got there. We left and never ordered from there again

Obviously weird shit be happening at non black establishments but it’s funny how black restaurants share some of the same tropes

I think we should be careful of influencer intent too.

I read a while back how influencers were demanding free food and free stays and free vacations in exchange for reviews.

It got tk the point that a lot of people started turning them away.

I think reviews are helpful but I’ll always go to the bad reviews first when scoping something like a place to visit, eat or buy something. If all the bad shit aligns, then it might give me hesitation but won’t stop me. Otherwise, people can just be shitty to mess things up for someone else.

From what I’m hearing this dude ain’t like that…so imma give him a listen.
At the bolded. I agree. There has to be an over whelming number of bad reviews to make me say no. But i expect there to be some bad reviews for any product or service. Their experience may not be my experience though

some of yall making it sound like yall rarely if ever have good experiences in black owned establishments.

Tragic
Cause they don't consider that when it happens in white, Asian, Latino establishments it's a cultural issue its just to be expected as normal as it should be cause nobody is perfect.

Black people gotta be the exception or the standard for great service tho.

Like I said we're indoctrinated af. Worried about and bickering with eachother over bullshit.

Last edited:
What's up with this site and not liking when people express their opinions? Now movie and food critics are bad? Okay
It’s been this way.
That’s why people use the ignore button because they don’t like someone’s opinion.

It’s been this way.
That’s why people use the ignore button because they don’t like someone’s opinion.
So filtering out opinions you don't want to hear or read is a problem now too?

People ultimately don't have to acknowledge your opinion or thoughts just because something popped in your brain.

some of yall making it sound like yall rarely if ever have good experiences in black owned establishments.

Tragic
I’ve had plenty of good experiences at black owned establishments. Hell one spot greet you with a round of applause when you walk in that bitch every. Single. Time

I found that it’s certain spots where the employees show poor customer service or act like they don’t wanna be there.

But the same can be said for any place

I’ve had plenty of good experiences at black owned establishments. Hell one spot greet you with a round of applause when you walk in that bitch every. Single. Time

I found that it’s certain spots where the employees show poor customer service or act like they don’t wanna be there.

But the same can be said for any place

pretty much.. which is why I thought @Loneshot & @Dwayne dumping on black owned restaurants was weird, from their experience anyway.

I've experienced it with some.. but it hasnt been anywhere near the majority that I experienced shit service like that

It's messed up.

I read "Keith Lee", and all I could think about was....

giphy.gif

"BASK IN HIS GLORY!"

pretty much.. which is why I thought @Loneshot & @Dwayne dumping on black owned restaurants was weird, from their experience anyway.

I've experienced it with some.. but it hasnt been anywhere near the majority that I experienced shit service like that
I haven’t called out one business besides saying CFA customer service is starting to slip.

I said it’s okay for him to speak his mind.

Let’s not put words in each other post fam.

Recently went to a spot in Atl like last week…..wasn’t crowded , got our food, waitress were fine as fuck. Everything ok.

Then they tried to rush us out once they found out we wasn’t ordering more.
Again, wasn’t crowded.

We didn’t like that shit cuz it was no need.
That’s my only gripe
Sounds like that wanted their table clear for a big fish to come in. Thats how they act with this tip culture. Another trick of theirs is if you ask them what they recommend, they'll just say the most expensive combo so they get a bigger tip

I haven’t called out one business besides saying CFA customer service is starting to slip.

I said it’s okay for him to speak his mind.

Let’s not put words in each other post fam.

what words am I putting?

These are yalls words

I don't know how prevalent this experience is, but on average when I have gone to local black restaurants (Los Angeles), it's not uncommon to experience all or one of the following:

*Minimum of $20 for a meal (this is pre inflation as well, for as long as I can remember)
*Employees seem annoyed I even walked in.
*Wait time is about 30mins to an hour.
*The food is not good.

This isn't to say you can't get this experience from non- black restaurants. But on average, from my own experiences, Black businesses can have terrible customer service. Which doesn't make any sense to me because if I go anywhere not black owned that has black employees, the customer service is great. I always feel like black people give employers the best bang for their buck if the pay is decent. We are amazing at making people feel welcomed...except if we own the place. Idk.

It’s okay to say it. Black restaurants be doing too much.

I felt like yalls posts were using a broad brush to dump on black restaurants, again.. based on YALLS experience.

Back