Welcome To aBlackWeb

Popular social media influencer Keith Lee has a unique experience in Atlanta

I don't know how prevalent this experience is, but on average when I have gone to local black restaurants (Los Angeles), it's not uncommon to experience all or one of the following:

*Minimum of $20 for a meal (this is pre inflation as well, for as long as I can remember)
*Employees seem annoyed I even walked in.
*Wait time is about 30mins to an hour.
*The food is not good.

This isn't to say you can't get this experience from non- black restaurants. But on average, from my own experiences, Black businesses can have terrible customer service. Which doesn't make any sense to me because if I go anywhere not black owned that has black employees, the customer service is great. I always feel like black people give employers the best bang for their buck if the pay is decent. We are amazing at making people feel welcomed...except if we own the place. Idk.

I don't know how prevalent this experience is, but on average when I have gone to local black restaurants (Los Angeles), it's not uncommon to experience all or one of the following:

*Minimum of $20 for a meal (this is pre inflation as well, for as long as I can remember)
*The food is not good.

This isn't to say you can't get this experience from non- black restaurants. But on average, from my own experiences, Black businesses can have terrible customer service. Which doesn't make any sense to me because if I go anywhere not black owned that has black employees, the customer service is great. I always feel like black people give employers the best bang for their buck if the pay is decent. We are amazing at making people feel welcomed...except if we own the place. Idk.
It’s okay to say it. Black restaurants be doing too much.

It’s okay to say it. Black restaurants be doing too much.
I just don't get how Mexicans and Asians can have a restaurant on every other corner, not charge you an arm and a leg, and have business rolling out the door. Our places never seem to last.

I saw a local business that had a cool menu featuring different types of chili fries. I love fries, but this place wanted about $15 dollars for even the smallest order. Potatoes are very cheap, so why the fuck was this place so expensive? Long story short, it closed down in under two months and was replaced by a Papusa place. SMH.

I just don't get how Mexicans and Asians can have a restaurant on every other corner, not charge you an arm and a leg, and have business rolling out the door. Our places never seem to last.

I saw a local business that had a cool menu featuring different types of chili fries. I love fries, but this place wanted about $15 dollars for even the smallest order. Potatoes are very cheap, so why the fuck was this place so expensive? Long story short, it closed down in under two months and was replaced by a Papusa place. SMH.
They culture always promoting & saluting hustlers, so most of them are always trying to get over on someone. Then any criticism is met with threats or disrespect, like that restaurants replies on the earlier pages. Or other businesses you see pop up. Remember that girl with the $100 durags?

I also get the feeling most of them dont come from a restaurant back ground. They somehow got the money through other means and just decided to open a spot. So thats why you get all the mismanagement issues. Owner doesnt know how to run it or care and they maybe just give management positions to relatives. As long s money comes in they dont care.

Ultimately this is kinda a community issue, respect money more than quality, integrity or anything else.

*The food is not good.

Just describing regular restaurant shit. Mfs need to just stay at home and learn to cook but that's another topic.

Back