Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Cody might have to go the independent route or maybe retire.

I'm hoping you can spread the word about my interview in Newsday with Brock Lesnar, who was promoting the WWE's return to Madison Square Garden on Saturday. Here are some highlights:

On whether he's just in WWE for the money:

"I’ve put on some great [expletive] matches in my day. And you don't do that without having a passion for the squared circle. I’m a man that for the last 25 years of my life just wanted to be left the [expletive] alone. I didn't prostitute myself and put myself out there to be vulnerable to the media and be vulnerable to the next person that wanted to stick their claws into me. I just found out that it was easier for me to go and recharge my batteries and go be who I really wanted to be and hide that from the world. It's just who I am. I'm a private person. I approach my life and fighting and wrestling like this is a job. It's a career. I'm a prizefighter. I get into the octagon or the ring, I do my business, and I do it well, and I get paid for it."

On the problem with the younger generation of wrestlers:

"Some of these young kids nowadays, they're so used to having everything they want at their fingertips with technology. I don't know where the grassroots, hard work, and the ethic is anymore. Some of these kids, they need to step up to the plate if they want to. They need to have a backbone. They need to do something different if they want to become successful. This business isn't just about getting in the ring and being able to do moves, you know. This is a business of storytelling and characters and being able to portray a passion about something. So either you have it, or you don't. Otherwise you’re just a mid-card wrestler, or an indie wrestler, or an internet wrestler. And you're just playing to the fans on the internet."

On criticisms of his remarks about his remarks to Pat McAffee about wrestlers having to get themselves over.

"They can come up with all kinds of [expletive] excuses if they want to. That's easy to do. But get out there and do something with yourself. Everybody wants to bash the guys that get over or are successful. They always want to undercut it, because they can't figure it out. I’ll outwork anybody. That's just what I do . . . I'll be 45 and I look as good as I do. And I feel good, you know? Get off your lazy [expletive] and go do something with yourself, instead of taking your handout check."

*WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns with Paul Heyman and The Usos vs. Seth Rollins. Long entrance from Roman. He took the mic and demanded MSG acknowledge him. This was somewhat odd as Seth was advertised as challenger then they stopped advertising the match and then did it anyway. Roman attacked Seth during ring introductions and beat him down on the floor. He tossed Seth back in and they rang the bell. Rolling fought back from underneath. Roman went for a spear but was hooked in a Pedigree for a near fall. Rollins set up for the stomp but was nailed and speared. He locked Seth in the guillotine choke and choked him out. Five minutes total. After Roman left, the fans sang Seth's music to hit as he recovered.

Last edited:
You can find out what’s happening on twitter. Everybody on Twitter sayin the show is lit and everyone tryin to figure out whose Brock’s mystery opponent

*Ronda Rousey and Naomi vs. WWE Smackdown Women's Champion Charlotte and Sonya Deville. Naomi and Sonya started. Big reactions for all the entrances. Flair tagged in and drilled Naomi with a big boot to knock her to the floor after Deville distracted her. Naomi was worked over on the floor. Naomi played babyface in peril as they kept preventing from making the tag. She finally nailed a Disaster Kick off the ropes on Flair and made the tag. Ronda threw around Deville and nailed a knee to the head. Flair charged and hit a big boot on Rousey but was locked in an anklelock. Naomi took out Deville with the Rear Window. Flair fought her way out but was quickly taken down in an armbar and tapped. Solid for the most part. Naomi is SUPER on her game these days.

Dirtsheets lied to niggas again

They the ones who started that "keep an eye on The MSG" show tonight shit

I seen a lot of ppl actually thinking it was gonna be fuckin Cody

FNI0RLbX0AIiHzi

I'm hoping you can spread the word about my interview in Newsday with Brock Lesnar, who was promoting the WWE's return to Madison Square Garden on Saturday. Here are some highlights:

On whether he's just in WWE for the money:

"I’ve put on some great [expletive] matches in my day. And you don't do that without having a passion for the squared circle. I’m a man that for the last 25 years of my life just wanted to be left the [expletive] alone. I didn't prostitute myself and put myself out there to be vulnerable to the media and be vulnerable to the next person that wanted to stick their claws into me. I just found out that it was easier for me to go and recharge my batteries and go be who I really wanted to be and hide that from the world. It's just who I am. I'm a private person. I approach my life and fighting and wrestling like this is a job. It's a career. I'm a prizefighter. I get into the octagon or the ring, I do my business, and I do it well, and I get paid for it."

On the problem with the younger generation of wrestlers:

"Some of these young kids nowadays, they're so used to having everything they want at their fingertips with technology. I don't know where the grassroots, hard work, and the ethic is anymore. Some of these kids, they need to step up to the plate if they want to. They need to have a backbone. They need to do something different if they want to become successful. This business isn't just about getting in the ring and being able to do moves, you know. This is a business of storytelling and characters and being able to portray a passion about something. So either you have it, or you don't. Otherwise you’re just a mid-card wrestler, or an indie wrestler, or an internet wrestler. And you're just playing to the fans on the internet."

On criticisms of his remarks about his remarks to Pat McAffee about wrestlers having to get themselves over.

"They can come up with all kinds of [expletive] excuses if they want to. That's easy to do. But get out there and do something with yourself. Everybody wants to bash the guys that get over or are successful. They always want to undercut it, because they can't figure it out. I’ll outwork anybody. That's just what I do . . . I'll be 45 and I look as good as I do. And I feel good, you know? Get off your lazy [expletive] and go do something with yourself, instead of taking your handout check."

lol...

back at the elimination chamber, brock stepped in the ring with the likes of AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, and Matt Riddle

these men are great performers
they are also characters
they get reactions from the fans
they are more than just "mid-card wrestlers"
they all have "It"
they have figured it out...

and brock still squashed them all in about 2 minutes

we've seen plenty of wrestlers get themselves over
but if creative played no part in it, wwe will do their best to stifle them or unnecessarily force wrestlers to change shit that got them over to begin with

then when their stupid ideas dont work, its somehow the wrestlers fault...because they can't get themselves over...despite the fact they were over before wwe intervened

i like brock, but he's full of shit here

Back