Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

• Sports Illustrated’s report on Cody Rhodes said that Tony Khan taking over all the booking in AEW was an issuebetween them. Cody saw that role as a “chance to pay homage to his father [Dusty Rhodes] as a booker while also further cementing his own legacy. Losing that opportunity in AEW hurt Rhodes more than any loss he suffered in the ring.”
  • That same Justin Barrasso report reiterated that Cody is headed back to WWE, and speculated he could start filming return vignettes at the Performance Center this weekend. Barrasso’s sources indicated that Brandi Rhodes is not expected to join her husband in WWE.

i’m not sure what booking pull cody think he’ll have in wwe but if that’s what he’s seeking from vince he’s in for a rude awakening

Shit is a business. Wrestling twitter really convinced these dudes is really out here dissatisfied making millions to do something they love doing.

Cody made that list and worked everybody on it, became a part of the hottest group/angle going, created the first legit alternative in 20 years, and now he goes back to WWE making exponentially more than when he left. Nah, he played the game right.

Shit is a business. Wrestling twitter really convinced these dudes is really out here dissatisfied making millions to do something they love doing.

Cody made that list and worked everybody on it, became a part of the hottest group/angle going, created the first legit alternative in 20 years, and now he goes back to WWE making exponentially more than when he left. Nah, he played the game right.
Yup

BountifulGleefulDodo-size_restricted.gif

Bayley stacked as fuck

He didn't win no world titles but he had a very good mid card run. He helped build AEW but it seem like Tony Khan turning dictator and want all control and he's the one that disrespected Cody
I mean it is his company. Dictator? Kinda like someone we all know??
Peeped the Cody news and decided to pop in here against my better judgment just to be met with misinformation. Check it. The Bucks, Kenny, and Cody have been EVPs in name only since the last Dynamite of 2019. Y'all remember that one right?
aew-goldust.gif

This nothing but money and Ego. If you think Cody was worth Punk or Bryan money...lol. Plus as an EVP he got benefits and other amenities that the independent contractors didn't. As much as I defend Cody even I won't miss the Codyverse on AEW television. Now you folks have a good day

Oh and first fans complained about Cole being in the mid card now him in the main event is bad booking? That whole OC feud was to pad his stats to get #1 ranked. In AEW wins and losses actually matter. Folks so used to Vince's microwave booking they don't like what a meal put in the oven tastes like. NOW have a good day

He lost so how did that make him #1 in the rankings and miss me with that "oh it was unsanctioned". I saw it with my own eyes so it counted. Dude has beat nobody of worth so tell me how is it good booking to have a title opportunity for somebody who ain't did nothing.

I hope I wasn't this frustrating when I was a AEW stan

The Con (Khan) man really have y'all fooled, he had me fooled too. He'll keep promising those forbidden door appearances to prop up ratings for a week while signing wwe rejects that we didn't care about like buddy murphy for crying out loud.

Y'all really about to make me acknowledge a certain someone because I'm sick of this other company right now. Who am I kidding, no I'm not.

If true this some of the acts of delusory of all time by a wrestler. Like how you build all this shit from hating a place that disrespected you just for you to go back to it? Cody going out sad

Dude never hated WWE. IHe did talk shit but that was just to prop up AEW and get cheap pops. Its not real.

Jericho falls in the same category. I'd say he's the king of that shit honestly. I expect him back in a WWE ring b4 he retires too just not any time soon

He lost so how did that make him #1 in the rankings and miss me with that "oh it was unsanctioned". I saw it with my own eyes so it counted. Dude has beat nobody of worth so tell me how is it good booking to have a title opportunity for somebody who ain't did nothing.

I hope I wasn't this frustrating when I was a AEW stan

Lol okay.

Where he already has Powerhouse Hobbs, Ricky Starks, Dante Martin, Private Party, Red Velvet and he's doing nothing with them.

Dude never hated WWE. IHe did talk shit but that was just to prop up AEW and get cheap pops. Its not real.

Jericho falls in the same category. I'd say he's the king of that shit honestly. I expect him back in a WWE ring b4 he retires too just not any time soon
These are facts. Also fun fact: Cody looks up to Triple H more then any other wrestler and has said it multiple times. The Triple H chair breaking spot was a dig but also because he wanted H to see what he accomplished.

Back